Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Outsiders bringing their golf carts here (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/outsiders-bringing-their-golf-carts-here-301102/)

charliets 12-23-2019 08:43 PM

Outsiders bringing their golf carts here

Just curious if anybody else experience this. This evening around 6pm their was a group of 5 carts going south on Morse from the Spanish Springs area, they were going 25-30 mph and blowing straight through the red lights, a few were passing each other in the grass and a few were just running in the traffic lanes. When they got to the tunnel going under 466 they were running side by side drag racing through it. They all pulled into Sunset Point skidding through the wet grass with their big knobby tires. After drinking a few beers they tossed their empties in the bushes and raced over the bridge to City Fire like they owned the town. The reason I think they are from outside of the bubble is because most of them had the 6 inch lift kits and big stereos on their carts and they all were in their mid twenties.
If the Villages don’t get a handle on this now, when they finish that residential section by Trailwinds on 466a this place will be overrun by outsiders and coming from a golf cart community in Georgia that every teenager has a golf cart it will not be pleasant.

ColdNoMore 12-23-2019 09:01 PM

////

charliets 12-23-2019 09:23 PM

What does //// mean?

anothersteve 12-23-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliets (Post 1704340)
Just curious if anybody else experience this. This evening around 6pm their was a group of 5 carts going south on Morse from the Spanish Springs area, they were going 25-30 mph and blowing straight through the red lights, a few were passing each other in the grass and a few were just running in the traffic lanes. When they got to the tunnel going under 466 they were running side by side drag racing through it. They all pulled into Sunset Point skidding through the wet grass with their big knobby tires. After drinking a few beers they tossed their empties in the bushes and raced over the bridge to City Fire like they owned the town. The reason I think they are from outside of the bubble is because most of them had the 6 inch lift kits and big stereos on their carts and they all were in their mid twenties.
If the Villages don’t get a handle on this now, when they finish that residential section by Trailwinds on 466a this place will be overrun by outsiders and coming from a golf cart community in Georgia that every teenager has a golf cart it will not be pleasant.

So you watched all of this going on from Spanish Springs to Sumter landing?
Steve

ColdNoMore 12-23-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliets (Post 1704344)
What does //// mean?

It means that since you can't delete a post in its entirety once it is posted, I decided my initial response might have been taken as too political...and deleted it the only way you can here.
:D

OrangeBlossomBaby 12-23-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

So let me get this straight:

You were in a position to observe 5 golf carts near Spanish Springs, move to Morse, drive all the way to Buena Vista and cross to Sunset Pointe, stop long enough to drink a few beers, go all the way BACK to City Fire.

At 30 mph, that complete experience would have taken probably around 40 minutes (including the stop for the beers).

I'm guessing that the police didn't come to stop them because you chose not to call them, during this entire time.

Why were YOU going so fast by the way?

charliets 12-23-2019 10:09 PM

Never said that I watch all that from SS to LS. I came out of Rio Grande Ave. and as I was turning south onto Morse I almost got sideswiped by the little ****s. Then when I got to the tunnel one was turned around on the down ramp to the tunnel, I stopped to let them get ahead of me then caught up to them again at Sunset Point and again when I parked in front of the theater.
And to Coldnomore, I love to political post.

anothersteve 12-23-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliets (Post 1704349)
Never said that I watch all that from SS to LS. I came out of Rio Grande Ave. and as I was turning south onto Morse I almost got sideswiped by the little ****s. Then when I got to the tunnel one was turned around on the down ramp to the tunnel, I stopped to let them get ahead of me then caught up to them again at Sunset Point and again when I parked in front of the theater.

Doesn't pass the smell test.
Steve

charliets 12-23-2019 10:16 PM

Holy s..., never realized I needed to include everything detailed. Before going down Rio Grande I left Outback, before that I stopped at Ross’s but didn’t really think that added anything to me asking if anybody else had that experience, and yes the sheriffs department was called.

JoMar 12-23-2019 10:25 PM

Wonder what the OP thinks The Villages should do about this....sounds like a police issue and since The Villages doesn't have a police force not much they can do. If you called the Sheriff then the followup is with them.

Nucky 12-23-2019 10:25 PM

Ah charliets, I feel your pain. I remember my first time being put on cross-examination. Ain't it just grand? I think you may need Legal Representation! Lemme see somebody comes to mind. Hmmm, Try Morgan & Morgan. :1rotfl::1rotfl: Don't worry about those that were just teasing you, it's all in the spirit of fun and the Holidays. It's their way of saying welcome to the Squad! :1rotfl::1rotfl:

I got your point. Just an innocent post. :boxing2: :faint:

Marathon Man 12-23-2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

So, you saw them stop, drink a few beers, and then leave - as you were driving by?

coffeebean 12-23-2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliets (Post 1704344)
What does //// mean?

That is indication the post was deleted by the poster.

tsmall22204 12-24-2019 06:51 AM

Did you call the police? If they were there long enough to drink "a few beers" plenty of time to end that behavior.

anothersteve 12-24-2019 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsmall22204 (Post 1704378)
Did you call the police? If they were there long enough to drink "a few beers" plenty of time to end that behavior.

Especially with the Sheriff's office being right across the lake less than half a mile away.
Steve

Kathy_B 12-24-2019 07:20 AM

Quote:

:1rotfl:BIG STEREOS went out 25 years ago. Are you sure they were from this planet?

bmit16 12-24-2019 07:34 AM

So that kind of behavior is not acceptable if you are under 55? These were potential Villages of 2055 doing a life style stay. This is what we can expect in 30 years.

Gcskh@hotmail.com 12-24-2019 08:04 AM

It sounds like you are taking exaggeration to the extreme to try to make a valid point. You write a blown out of proportion letter and then top it off out of the blue with commentary about Georgia??!!

dewilson58 12-24-2019 08:04 AM

Pinocchio

Fuzz323 12-24-2019 08:22 AM

So the detractors of the initial post here don't believe that this happens and will happen more in the future? That's what I get out of the this. The Op gets cut up by the professional bunch on TOTV with sarcasm and a some really clever? remarks. Open your eyes people. If you believe this place is not a "target of opportunity" for the type of behavior described you have your head in the sand. Stand By for Incoming!!

Topspinmo 12-24-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothersteve (Post 1704351)
Doesn't pass the smell test.
Steve

So, how many villagers has jacked up golf carts with big knobby tires and are in there 20’s? I didn’t mention cart going 30 plus cause we have plenty of them ( mostly golfers). Other than calling the sheriff report careless or drunk driving IMO not much can do.

Chatbrat 12-24-2019 08:32 AM

Stuff happens in TV, people here are so worried about their real estate values, they hate any negativity--look out for the pre-teens driving golf carts during the holiday season, oh, it never happens

Merry Christmas from the Admiral & the Captain

golfing eagles 12-24-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1704419)
So, how many villagers has jacked up golf carts with big knobby tires and are in there 20’s? I didn’t mention cart going 30 plus cause we have plenty of them ( mostly golfers). Other than calling the sheriff report careless or drunk driving IMO not much can do.

Sounds more like a dune buggy:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Topspinmo 12-24-2019 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmit16 (Post 1704388)
So that kind of behavior is not acceptable if you are under 55? These were potential Villages of 2055 doing a life style stay. This is what we can expect in 30 years.

Or village moocher’s living with mommy and daddy:popcorn:

Topspinmo 12-24-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1704423)
Sounds more like a dune buggy:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

I see the golfer comment had reaction:duck:

Topspinmo 12-24-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gcskh@hotmail.com (Post 1704402)
It sounds like you are taking exaggeration to the extreme to try to make a valid point. You write a blown out of proportion letter and then top it off out of the blue with commentary about Georgia??!!

Did you witness it? I didn’t think so:popcorn:

Bogie Shooter 12-24-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliets (Post 1704352)
Holy s..., never realized I needed to include everything detailed. Before going down Rio Grande I left Outback, before that I stopped at Ross’s but didn’t really think that added anything to me asking if anybody else had that experience, and yes the sheriffs department was called.

And what did the sheriff do/say??

stan the man 12-24-2019 08:49 AM

It's Christmas break for all the college kids. The future of America

Sglickler 12-24-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliets (Post 1704349)

What theater is at Sunset Point?

Arctic Fox 12-24-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1704355)
Don't worry about those that were just teasing you, it's all in the spirit of fun and the Holidays. It's their way of saying welcome to the Squad!

I have no problem believing the whole post as being 100% factual and witnessed.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've just bought a bridge in Brooklyn on eBay and I'm keen to go and inspect my new purchase.

J1ceasar 12-24-2019 09:26 AM

Did you bother to call the Police ?

CWGUY 12-24-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sglickler (Post 1704443)
What theater is at Sunset Point?

OP has mistakenly called the area on the bridge (where people watch the sunset) Sunset Point. Sunset Point is the name of a Village. That is where all the confusion is coming from. :ho:

Marathon Man 12-24-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1704452)
OP has mistakenly called the area on the bridge (where people watch the sunset) Sunset Point. Sunset Point is the name of a Village. That is where all the confusion is coming from. :ho:

I caught that, too. But ...

Isn't that area all paved? He talked about driving in the grass.

anothersteve 12-24-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1704452)

Umm..............

Quote:

They all pulled into Sunset Point skidding through the wet grass with their big knobby tires. After drinking a few beers they tossed their empties in the bushes and raced over the bridge to City Fire like they owned the town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 1704465)
But ...
Isn't that area all paved? He talked about driving in the grass.

No, there is a grassy area you can pull into before the bridge. Someone should go and see if it's really torn up.
Steve

Waltdisney4life 12-24-2019 10:09 AM

Thanks, that’s the best laugh I’ve had today! Look the sky is falling 😂

Moderator 12-24-2019 11:29 AM

Rather than torching the OP, perhaps focus on the general topic/issue he/she brought up. Is The Villages vulnerable to non-residents accessing the multi-modal trails with 'non conventional' golf carts and causing damage?

ColdNoMore 12-24-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderator (Post 1704501)
Rather than torching the OP, perhaps focus on the general topic/issue he/she brought up. Is The Villages vulnerable to non-residents accessing the multi-modal trails with 'non conventional' golf carts and causing damage?

:mademyday:

NoMoSno 12-24-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Of course it is.
I see carts crossing 42 into Mulberry frequently.
A street legal can access very easily.
Wonder how the OP knows the carts were non-resident carts?

dewilson58 12-24-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

The answer is no.

EdFNJ 12-24-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoMoSno (Post 1704505)
Of course it is.
I see carts crossing 42 into Mulberry frequently.
A street legal can access very easily.
Wonder how the OP knows the carts were non-resident carts?

They had big tires and loud radios and those driving them didn't have beer bellies and weren't wearing black knee socks with shorts and white leather shoes. :) :D :)