Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Travel Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/travel-forum-119/)
-   -   Parking at Port Canaveral (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/travel-forum-119/parking-port-canaveral-301180/)

LedZeppelinFan 12-26-2019 08:20 PM

Parking at Port Canaveral

Hello,

I would like some recommendations for parking at Port Canaveral for a Disney Cruise. Any recommendations are appreciated.

peachpit 12-26-2019 09:11 PM

Park at the port in the garage.

champion6 12-26-2019 09:14 PM

Already discussed here: https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...arking-294717/

New Englander 12-26-2019 09:15 PM

I was on a Norwegian Cruise line Cruise from Dec 7th to the 14th and parked at the cruise terminal garage next to were the NCL Breakaway was docked. The cost was $136 for seven days.
Each ship will have their own garage right across from your ship. I don't know if your cost will be the same because Disney is a premium cruise line.
I've also driven to Miami and Ft Lauderdale and did the same. I've never had a problem.

Boilerman 12-26-2019 10:19 PM

Pnc

We use PNC (park n cruise). Shuttle bus is short ride to terminal and much cheaper.

rjn5656 12-27-2019 08:09 AM

Leaving on a RC cruise monday, will use the Port just for the convenience.

peddieace 12-28-2019 05:27 AM

Save hassle. Park in the garage near where the ship leaves from. When you return you will be first off with your luggage. First thru customs and go right to your car.

RJ Mewhinney 12-28-2019 06:27 AM

Yes, there are various parking garages, some with shuttles, available at Port Canaveral.
If you call Village Airport Van and tell them you need round trip shuttle to Port Canaveral, they will refer you to one of their drivers (who has several backups in case he's out of town) who will take you in a small shuttle van. The cost was less than double the charge to Orlando Airport, and it was for everybody in the van, not per person. So quite reasonable, and takes you right to the cruise ship. We have used this service twice recently, and have high level of confidence with them.

Debbraham 12-28-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LedZeppelinFan (Post 1705065)
Hello,

I would like some recommendations for parking at Port Canaveral for a Disney Cruise. Any recommendations are appreciated.

I parked at Park and Cruise...1700 sea ray drive...perfect location...this side of bridge so you don’t get tangled up in traffic before or after cruise...right off 528...easy on and off...quick free shuttle to ship and easy pickup back to car. They also do free valet parking...they had my car pulled up to leave with the trunk open for my luggage when I got back from the ship...they know when you get on the van back to the parking lot, so they are all ready for you! very nice and well organized...and less than half the cost of garage parking.

Foxmd 12-28-2019 07:47 AM

We just used cruise time Park and shuttle. $8/day. Friendly staff.

Dickcron 12-28-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debbraham (Post 1705336)
I parked at Park and Cruise...1700 sea ray drive...perfect location...this side of bridge so you don’t get tangled up in traffic before or after cruise...right off 528...easy on and off...quick free shuttle to ship and easy pickup back to car. They also do free valet parking...they had my car pulled up to leave with the trunk open for my luggage when I got back from the ship...they know when you get on the van back to the parking lot, so they are all ready for you! very nice and well organized...and less than half the cost of garage parking.

We had exact same good experience with Park n Cruise 6 weeks ago. Highly recommend.

Annie66 12-28-2019 06:52 PM

===== Deleted =====

New Englander 12-29-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickcron (Post 1705401)
We had exact same good experience with Park n Cruise 6 weeks ago. Highly recommend.

What was the cost for a week?

Boilerman 12-29-2019 01:21 PM

$94 a week

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Englander (Post 1705623)
What was the cost for a week?

I just booked today for a week long cruise we are taking in January. Their website has discount codes for 10% for veterans and 5% for AARP, AAA and others. We get the 5% off and including taxes and fees, it’s $94.05.

We find Park and Cruise to be more convenient than the parking garage because you avoid all the congestion driving to the terminal, and more importantly we don’t have to carry our bags through the lot. They load your bags in their parking lot, and then drop you off curbside where the porters take over.

Others will drop their bags off with the porters and then park in the garage and walk to the terminal.
Your choice as to which is easier.

Tblue 12-29-2019 01:51 PM

Also on RC Monday and plan to use the garage