Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   CBD - topical use for aches/pains (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/cbd-topical-use-aches-pains-301244/)

Graspher 12-28-2019 07:51 PM

CBD - topical use for aches/pains

Is anyone using it?

Does it help?

What strength are you using and where are you buying it from.

Inquiring muscles want to know....

asianthree 12-29-2019 08:19 AM

Not allowed, we would test positive in a random drug test

However I do know some who swear by it, but need to be careful on which brand you buy from. As in any product there are good and bad

Graspher 12-29-2019 08:55 AM

As a retiree I’m not worried about random drug testing. I suppose it might be a problem if tested pursuant to a traffic accident. I’m not sure I would let that stop me from using the oil if it was providing relief from soft tissue issues.

Nucky 12-29-2019 09:22 AM

I tried the drops under my tongue for about a month and found little relief. I'm glad others have had such good luck with CBD Oil. Chronic pain is just a part of life for some people and instead of concentrating on it we try to make each day as good as possible. We are inside the 20 yard line and the clock is ticking and I'm out of time outs. We tried the cream also. I gave it away because it was not working at all.

Pain Relief gets your hopes up and so far results have been nill. Whatareyougonnado? Keep smiling and laughing that's what!

LuvtheVillages 12-29-2019 09:24 AM

CBD oil does not contain any THC, so you don't need to be concerned about drug tests.

You do need to be concerned about the purity of what you buy. I get mine from Hempworx. It is a solvent-free, pure extract.

Many people say that it helps with their aches and pains. But you will need to try it for yourself, as everyone is different.

asianthree 12-29-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages (Post 1705656)
CBD oil does not contain any THC, so you don't need to be concerned about drug tests.

We had one CRNA using CBD, random test was positive, now in review for their job, So if you are in medical field, this statement may not be true for you

Graspher 12-29-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1705653)
I tried the drops under my tongue for about a month and found little relief. I'm glad others have had such good luck with CBD Oil. Chronic pain is just a part of life for some people and instead of concentrating on it we try to make each day as good as possible. We are inside the 20 yard line and the clock is ticking and I'm out of time outs. We tried the cream also. I gave it away because it was not working at all.

Pain Relief gets your hopes up and so far results have been nill. Whatareyougonnado? Keep smiling and laughing that's what!

Yup - true that!

Graspher 12-29-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages (Post 1705656)

You do need to be concerned about the purity of what you buy. I get mine from Hempworx. It is a solvent-free, pure extract.

Many people say that it helps with their aches and pains. But you will need to try it for yourself, as everyone is different.

Thanx for that - I will check out that supplier.

Indy-Guy 12-29-2019 12:38 PM

I buy mine from Home - purehempbotanicals

If you subscribe to a minimum of three month subscription there is a substantial discount.

Great product at a great price. Been using them for a couple of years.

Graspher 12-29-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy-Guy (Post 1705727)
I buy mine from Home - purehempbotanicals

If you subscribe to a minimum of three month subscription there is a substantial discount.

Great product at a great price. Been using them for a couple of years.

And yours - thanks for that!

tophcfa 12-29-2019 08:41 PM

I use CBD gummies from a company called green roads that you can buy anywhere in the USA legally on line. The CBD is derived from hemp plants which contain only trace amounts of THC (below what the federal government recognizes as being illegal). I take two 10 mg gummies per day and have not had to take an Aleve or Advil for my aching joints for about three years. They work for me and many others, but don’t seem to work for everyone.

Graspher 12-29-2019 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1705851)
I use CBD gummies from a company called green roads that you can buy anywhere in the USA legally on line. The CBD is derived from hemp plants which contain only trace amounts of THC (below what the federal government recognizes as being illegal). I take two 10 mg gummies per day and have not had to take an Aleve or Advil for my aching joints for about three years. They work for me and many others, but don’t seem to work for everyone.

That’s very interesting - thanks for sharing!

NotGolfer 12-29-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1705851)

I agree with this post! Green Roads is a good one but there are 2 shops here where you can actually speak with someone about their product. One CBD is on 441/27 near the Lowes and Beall's. It's in the strip mall...look for the signs. There is another shop in Lady Lake near the library...also in a strip mall. It's near a Rehab. place. Can't remember the brands of these two of these but I've used both. The creams do help with pain and the sublingual tinctures and gummies also helped me with sleep etc. There is NO TCH in these!! People tend to mix them up with the Medical M.J. and you won't need an RX for these as you do with that.

Bridget Staunton 12-30-2019 06:59 AM

My doctor said it contains small amount of cannabis that is the reason I do not take it sleep. A nurse told me at a clinic in Ocala the same thing. If you get get stopped by police you might be in trouble

crash 12-30-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridget Eichaker (Post 1705896)
My doctor said it contains small amount of cannabis that is the reason I do not take it sleep. A nurse told me at a clinic in Ocala the same thing. If you get get stopped by police you might be in trouble

Yes it does contain a small amount of THC but you don’t need to worry about testing at a level that would be considered under the influence.

My wife uses the cream and does get relief from it.