Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Singles (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/)
-   -   Happy New Year Singles! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/happy-new-year-singles-301323/)

chachacha 01-01-2020 02:32 PM

Happy New Year Singles!

a good time was had by all at last night's party at Maybe's home, but the subject came up of why the Unclub is no longer operating. The problem was that our email list became too unwieldy and Katie Rogers could not get the emails out to the entire group. Someone mentioned the App Meet Up where there is no limit to contacts but there is a fee to the organizer, nominal but still a fee. How many would be interested in supporting this? It basically puts out a message of when and where people are doing any activity and the receivers can decide whether they want to participate. But some payment would have to be made to Katie, very small, to be made a contact. What do you think? I was doing this here on TOTV for years but everyone got spoiled with the email list and grew dependent on that! :)

Northerner52 01-01-2020 03:58 PM

THe HOA-Express system is better. Meetup is not private all kinds of people outside he Villages would be wanting to join.

Northerner52 01-01-2020 03:59 PM

Perhaps a Facebook Group would be better. Its free

chachacha 01-03-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northerner52 (Post 1706403)
THe HOA-Express system is better. Meetup is not private all kinds of people outside he Villages would be wanting to join.

The Unclub was always open to all, but if we had events at rec centers then non-Villagers of course could not come. We wanted to reach those who would be moving here and needing to meet single friends, and we helped many newbies by hosting Meet and Greets which they heard about even before moving here. So privacy is not an asset in this kind of endeavor. But thanks for the heads up!

Madelaine Amee 01-04-2020 09:34 AM

No, I am not a single but I have followed chachacha and her kindness for years. So, what about SnapChat or TeamSnap or whatever it is called for your Singles Unclub. My other half is part of a huge group of club members that use Team Snap to send out all notifications, it also has a roster of all members names, telephone numbers, email address, you name it. You would need someone who is computer literate to set it up.

chachacha 01-05-2020 04:10 PM

good advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1707020)
No, I am not a single but I have followed chachacha and her kindness for years. So, what about SnapChat or TeamSnap or whatever it is called for your Singles Unclub. My other half is part of a huge group of club members that use Team Snap to send out all notifications, it also has a roster of all members names, telephone numbers, email address, you name it. You would need someone who is computer literate to set it up.

thanks for that great advice...finding someone to take on the computer stuff might be possible...but that's not me :) Actually, as you say I have been at this for years and have dozens of great friends and I strongly feel a younger newbie should take on this task to welcome the younger singles who are now moving in. But no one has come forward! If people write to me I still try to help and enjoy it.

paulat585 01-05-2020 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chachacha (Post 1706389)
a good time was had by all at last night's party at Maybe's home, but the subject came up of why the Unclub is no longer operating. The problem was that our email list became too unwieldy and Katie Rogers could not get the emails out to the entire group. Someone mentioned the App Meet Up where there is no limit to contacts but there is a fee to the organizer, nominal but still a fee. How many would be interested in supporting this? It basically puts out a message of when and where people are doing any activity and the receivers can decide whether they want to participate. But some payment would have to be made to Katie, very small, to be made a contact. What do you think? I was doing this here on TOTV for years but everyone got spoiled with the email list and grew dependent on that! :)

You can do this for free on Mailchimp.com--up to 1K emails

chachacha 01-07-2020 09:08 PM

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulat585 (Post 1707532)
You can do this for free on Mailchimp.com--up to 1K emails

thank you for that information...i will tell Katie about that!