Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Help finish developing a generic Club registration program for Clubs in The Villages: (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/help-finish-developing-generic-club-registration-program-clubs-villages-301340/)

Lionel Sally 01-02-2020 09:32 AM

Help finish developing a generic Club registration program for Clubs in The Villages:

Two years ago the member doing our registration decided after six years she needed a break. She wasn’t enjoying the club. When we went to replace her, we didn’t realize how much work was involved as a club registrar.
Not only did we have to find someone who wanted to do the job, but, they also must know excel. I’m sure a lot of clubs have the same problem.
Being a retired software developer, I decided to create a generic club registration program. With the help of a friend, we created, “Home comfort Software”, created by seniors, for seniors in The Villages.
The program has been written, system tested. To complete the program, I’m looking for a couple of Clubs who see the same need, to test and give me feedback on features I might have missed.
A short summary of the some of the program features.
1) When a member enters a meeting, the program is designed to scan their Village ID card, search the program database and display the member’s information on the screen.
2) For member’s who say they go to meetings and have a difficult time making new friends, the program will select these members, sort them by, zip code, prev-city, village or member type, divide them by table size and send an email to every member at the table. For Veterans Day, veterans could sit together if the sort was by member type.
3) The program controls up to six activities/events. When a member choose to participate in an event/activity, the program subtracts one from the total allowed, adds the cost to the members account.
There are six customizable fields:
If members wanted to know who else attended the same college, the club could setup a college field. If five members went to Boston College, the program will group the Boston college members together and send an email to the members.

CFrance 01-02-2020 08:24 PM

Boy does this sound wonderful. We belong to an extremely large Pittsburgh club that usually ends up with friends sitting with friends and very few small groups so people can get together with strangers. Unless it's golf (which one of us doesn't play). It would be great to hook up with other people looking to get to know new people. One of the problems I have with our club is that the meetings are now mostly consisting of entertainment, where people are sitting in rows rather than at round tables. There used to be other forms of entertainment where you could at least talk to your friends at a table, even if you weren't paired up with people you don't know.

I wish the club had more small group activities other than golf. But back to your software, it sounds like a very good idea.