Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What is up with the mens room at Barnstorm (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/what-up-mens-room-barnstorm-301343/)

jjhendler 01-02-2020 10:47 AM

What is up with the mens room at Barnstorm

I have used the mens room twice in the past two weeks. toilet paper rolls thrown on the floor. Water on the floor stinking of urine. And yesterday all the same and worse. Add to that no soap in the dispensers. I reported it to a man with a ear piece. He stated they have extremely busy. Poor excuse.

Two Bills 01-02-2020 11:15 AM

Sounds like thing are improving. Place used to be a bit of a mess!!

dewilson58 01-02-2020 11:22 AM

:MOJE_whot:

John_W 01-02-2020 11:37 AM

I was at Brownwood on New Year's Eve and never saw so many people. The theater's restrooms are open to the public and if you noticed, at the square there was hundreds of young people as well as old, it's vacation time and relatives are visiting. Go in July and it's a totally different atmosphere.

coffeebean 01-02-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1706599)
I was at Brownwood on New Year's Eve and never saw so many people. The theater's restrooms are open to the public and if you noticed, at the square there was hundreds of young people as well as old, it's vacation time and relatives are visiting. Go in July and it's a totally different atmosphere.

Just a thought....hire help for "the season". I'm sure there are young people out there who could use the work. No excuse for not keeping the restrooms in pristine condition.

kcrazorbackfan 01-02-2020 07:19 PM

Did you contact the Manager on duty at Brownwood? Probably not.

Two words come to mind as to what the problem is - Filthy Pigs; probably the same class of people that trash the mail station areas with junk mail and litter the MMP's with food and soda containers.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the Ladies room was close to the condition of the men's room also.

Marathon Man 01-02-2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1706651)
Just a thought....hire help for "the season". I'm sure there are young people out there who could use the work. No excuse for not keeping the restrooms in pristine condition.

They have. Seasonal employees have been hired. I know one.

tophcfa 01-02-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 1706681)
They have. Seasonal employees have been hired. I know one.

Apparently not enough?

Marathon Man 01-02-2020 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1706695)
Apparently not enough?

Maybe, maybe not. But I don't believe that the employees clean the restrooms. They are done at night after everything closes, just like all the rec centers, by a janatorial service. So, extra seasonal employees would not make a difference here.

Also, the description in the first post seems to indicate an act of vandalism rather than the normal it-gets-dirty-by-use. So, what is a reasonable time for the theater to react to that?

KLBNJ 01-03-2020 05:57 AM

Lot’s of visitors especially young people were here and are still here going in and out using those bathroom’s that are open to the public. It’s a shame and it’s a full time job because people are slobs when it’s someone else’s property and not their home. Women’s is just as bad.

Cranford61 01-03-2020 07:35 AM

Young Wildwooders have discovered the Barnstorm.

bilcon 01-03-2020 08:20 AM

The beginning of the fall of the Roman Empire. Air conditioning at Sea Breeze has been broken for weeks according to sources who work out there.

Mmarr 01-03-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1706599)

I would say outsiders, grandkids, students, entitlement prople..with nothing better to do..
Call community watch.. to report vandalism..

RosemarySoso 01-03-2020 10:36 AM

As I read this, I was thinking that due to location, it attracts many many non-Villagers. Every time we go there, we comment on how many “others” are taking advantage of the free entertainment. Not much can be done I guess. Just happy to be up north. *♀️

JSR22 01-03-2020 10:43 AM

Public

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosemarySoso (Post 1706786)
As I read this, I was thinking that due to location, it attracts many many non-Villagers. Every time we go there, we comment on how many “others” are taking advantage of the free entertainment. Not much can be done I guess. Just happy to be up north. ������*♀️

All of the squares are open to the public.