Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   All Access Television --Comments Appreciated (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/all-access-television-comments-appreciated-301348/)

ditka41 01-02-2020 04:16 PM

All Access Television --Comments Appreciated

I would like to have comments regarding "All Access TV's" service. It is a competitor to the "regular" TV Cable service providers.
Any problems with the service or channel selections? How does it work during heavy rains? I am very tired of constant increases with our current cable provider and would appreciate knowing more about "All Access" from anyone with first-hand experience.

Thank You. :bigbow:

EdFNJ 01-02-2020 06:05 PM

Never heard of it which doesn't mean it doesn't exist . Are you sure it's not someone selling a streaming service (usually illegal) for devices like Firestick etc? Cable companies can't just move in without local government approval. Only satellite services like Dish or DirecTV have issues with weather.

ditka41 01-03-2020 07:32 PM

I am just curious because a salesperson in a booth at Marion Market was promoting his service to my wife and I had never heard of it either. The price is certainly much less than we're paying now for our cable service which is increasing their fees yet again. Got rid of the dish because we lost the picture during even light rains. I will check with Crime against Seniors and the BBB to see what they have on file. This could easily be one of those "too good to be true" situations.

REDCART 01-04-2020 10:35 AM

Are you sure they’re not selling CBS All Access streaming service?

Two Bills 01-04-2020 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ditka41 (Post 1706915)
I am just curious because a salesperson in a booth at Marion Market was promoting his service to my wife and I had never heard of it either. The price is certainly much less than we're paying now for our cable service which is increasing their fees yet again. Got rid of the dish because we lost the picture during even light rains. I will check with Crime against Seniors and the BBB to see what they have on file. This could easily be one of those "too good to be true" situations.

There was a post recently regarding the Marion Market system.
It was not complimetary!

John_W 01-04-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ditka41 (Post 1706915)

Was the price $15 a month? Did they say you need a Amazon Firestick? If you have one already, they will modify it for $40 or sell you a complete Firestick already modified for $140? If the answer is yes, it's an illegal hookup to servers in Europe, it's referred to as a jail-break Firestick. My neighbor has it and can watch over 6,000 channels and see any game he wants.

I said to my neighbor, can you get WJZ Channel 13 in Baltimore the CBS affiliate, they have most of the Ravens games, within 30 seconds he had WJZ. Of course, I can get WJZ on my computer, it's possible to do and then send it to your TV. A lot of people have these but lately on a Villages Facebook page many people were complaining they lost service, the governments try and shut them down when possible.

Two Bills 01-04-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1707063)
Was the price $15 a month? Did they say you need a Amazon Firestick? If you have one already, they will modify it for $40 or sell you a complete Firestick already modified for $140? If the answer is yes, it's an illegal hookup to servers in Europe, it's referred to as a jail-break Firestick. My neighbor has it and can watch over 6,000 channels and see any game he wants.

I said to my neighbor, can you get WJZ Channel 13 in Baltimore the CBS affiliate, they have most of the Ravens games, within 30 seconds he had WJZ. Of course, I can get WJZ on my computer, it's possible to do and then send it to your TV. A lot of people have these but lately on a Villages Facebook page many people were complaining they lost service, the governments try and shut them down when possible.

Have same thing on Amazon Firestick back in UK.
The illegal server does get shut down for a day or so occasionaly when authorities have a blitz on them, but the techys running the servers, soon find another route into the systems.
We watch all UK channels here by using a VPN, through our laptop via HDMI into our tv.

Andyb 01-22-2020 08:49 PM

Stay away, I wasted $600, always down.

Kerry Azz 01-23-2020 08:05 AM

Fire stick is not illegal

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1707063)

Fire stick is 100% legal jail breaking one is not illegal, Streaming a protected program is illegal. Charging someone $40.00 to do it should be illegal. Don’t buy from the Marion market vendor go directly to Amazon you’ll get a warranty. I have a Roku and an apple device and both can’t compete against the fire stick. If your worried about getting caught streaming from illegal sites then get a virtual server your IP address can’t be tracked. My service was $150+ per month now it’s 15.00 you do the math the savings is great.