Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Machine Gun America - Orlando (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/machine-gun-america-orlando-301375/)

Graspher 01-03-2020 04:49 PM

Machine Gun America - Orlando

The wife and I drive to Orland every 4/5 weeks to hit Costco and Trader Joe’s.

Those machine gun America billboards along the turnpike have done their job - I’m thinking about living the automatic experience!

Has anyone been?

Was it worth the money?

I explored their website and was disappointed that they didn’t offer an experience with a Thompson machine gun. That coupled with the high prices has left me on the fence.

Number 10 GI 01-03-2020 05:27 PM

I got to shoot an M-60 machine gun in the Army a couple different times. Lotta fun!

Nucky 01-03-2020 05:51 PM

Graspher, for me I have a much better time at Shooters World. I got dragged to the Machine Gun Joint and even though everyone with me enjoyed it I didn't care for it one bit. Very uncomfortable set up. Just a whole lot of Hubbub - Bub!

I wasn't on the hook for the payment that day so I don't know specifically but it wasn't cheap.

The fumes were rough for me to handle. It might not bother anyone else but it goofed me up good.

If you do go I hope you have a blast like everybody else who was with me did. Good Luck.

N44125 01-03-2020 06:14 PM

Shooters World, The Villages, advertises a fully automatic shooting experience including the gun and ammo.

Graspher 01-03-2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1706894)
Graspher, for me I have a much better time at Shooters World. I got dragged to the Machine Gun Joint and even though everyone with me enjoyed it I didn't care for it one bit. Very uncomfortable set up. Just a whole lot of Hubbub - Bub!

I wasn't on the hook for the payment that day so I don't know specifically but it wasn't cheap.

The fumes were rough for me to handle. It might not bother anyone else but it goofed me up good.

If you do go I hope you have a blast like everybody else who was with me did. Good Luck.

Thanks Nucky- I’m starting to align with your position!

Graspher 01-03-2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N44125 (Post 1706903)
Shooters World, The Villages, advertises a fully automatic shooting experience including the gun and ammo.

Wasn’t aware - thanks for that insight.

Heytubes 01-04-2020 06:27 AM

Having at one time used the 16 and the Pig, the cordite stays on your clothes and in your nose for awhile. Suggest you wear a face mask and change shirts afterwards. It is a rush so long as no one is returning fire your way lol.

Taltarzac725 01-04-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1706894)

Sounds like that would bug me a lot too.

gatorbill1 01-04-2020 09:49 AM

Haven't shot a gun since I got out of service. Was not fun. Do not want a gun either.

leftyf 01-04-2020 10:12 AM

I shot a fully automatic M-16 in Arizona. Kind of neat, but I liked it better in semi mode.

bobcat75 01-04-2020 10:19 AM

There is a store in Kissimmee on 192 or Bronson Hwy let you shoot every automatic gun including AK47 user by bad people over seas. Fun day out

John_W 01-04-2020 10:21 AM

$50 an hour plus ammo, Shooters World at Brownwood in The Villages on 44A

Shooters World The Villages | Indoor Shooting Range and Gun Store

Firearm Experience

Single Firearm Experience $15 / Hour
Multi-Firearm Experience $25 / Hour
Full-Auto Experience $50 / Hour*
+ Add a Silencer to your experience + $5 / Hour

https://i0.wp.com/www.shootersworld....68%2C512&ssl=1

Sabrina&Bill 01-04-2020 12:15 PM

Shooters World in Brownwood

[QUOTE=John_W;1707044]$50 an hour plus ammo, Shooters World at Brownwood in The Villages on 44A

Finding Shooters World during my LSV was icing on the cake, what a nice surprise! Just happen to have my own firearm and took the golf cart from the Alden Bungalows. Best indoor facility I’ve ever visited and very helpful staff. I’ll be back! :)

Future Villagers