Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Firestick Amazon (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/firestick-amazon-301398/)

gcanonge 01-04-2020 11:24 AM

Firestick Amazon

I recently purchased a Amazon Firestick. I down loaded Kodi and watched a few movies with some aggravation. I am not very teckie!
Now it seems I can't get any thing but No Stream Available / Add Ons Not Working / Buffering Issues / Freezing while playing etc. Would any one be willing to help me get this cleared up? Thanks

Nucky 01-04-2020 12:02 PM

I'll help you no problemo. It has been my experience that using a Roku device instead of a Firestick solved 98% of the problem I had and you mentioned. Good Luck.

You need to reveal what internet provider and speed of service you have also, that would be helpful in helping you.

John_W 01-04-2020 12:20 PM

Like Nucky posted, it sounds like your internet speed. You probably need 10mpbs or better to avoid buffering. If you don't know your speed, and your computer and TV are both connected to your router, go on your computer and go to this website and click 'go'.

Internet Speed Test | Check Your Internet Speed | CenturyLink

EdFNJ 01-04-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcanonge (Post 1707073)
I recently purchased a Amazon Firestick. I down loaded Kodi and watched a few movies with some aggravation.

Well, when you watch for free what you are supposed to be paying for, with it generally comes some aggravation. :D Keep watching out your front window for the black SUV's and the guys coming down ropes from the unmarked helicopter! :a040: You also have Amazon Prime on the stick with lots of movies and I'd bet those work better but you have to pay for Prime. LOT'S of good series on there besides the normal stuff. You don't use Kodi for that. ;)

gcanonge 01-04-2020 03:19 PM

Xfinity Comcast Download 172 Upload 11.7 :Ping 24 Jitter 2 Hope this helps

gcanonge 01-04-2020 03:20 PM

Xfinity / Comcast download 172 Upload 11.7 Ping 24 Jitter 2 Hope this helps and thanks for the link

gcanonge 01-04-2020 03:21 PM

....and how exactly is this suppose to help me?

Blackie 01-04-2020 03:37 PM

This link gives some reasons and fixes.

KODI RUNNING SLOW ON FIRESTICK - HOW TO FIX? [Solved] - Kodiforu

jkrosborne 01-05-2020 06:29 AM

Help Available

Quote:

I recently purchased a Amazon Firestick. I down loaded Kodi and watched a few movies with some aggravation. I am not very teckie!
Now it seems I can't get any thing but No Stream Available / Add Ons Not Working / Buffering Issues / Freezing while playing etc. Would any one be willing to help me get this cleared up? Thanks

I use Fire Stick all the time and it works great. I got lots of help online. Search for Troypoint online. Once there look into downloading Cinema, Real Debrid and a VPN from his website.

Pmelo 01-05-2020 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcanonge (Post 1707133)
....and how exactly is this suppose to help me?

Clean your cache
Get a VPN for privacy to stay away for the men in black someone mentioned
See if this helps sst all

HelenLCSW 01-05-2020 07:45 AM

Quote:

Contact your internet provider and get a faster speed —that issue is why I am reluctant to give up cable just yet

IUFAN 01-05-2020 08:15 AM

I purchased a firestick preloaded from a vendor at Marion market. It has a movie channel loaded called Cinema and works very well. Just keep the cache cleared about every month or so.

LOMDtrainman 01-05-2020 08:33 AM

Hacked Firestick!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IUFAN (Post 1707295)
I purchased a firestick preloaded from a vendor at Marion market. It has a movie channel loaded called Cinema and works very well. Just keep the cache cleared about every month or so.

Don't know whatyou paid for this at the firestick or which model. you could have bought one from Amazon for 24.99 since yours has KODI added you should be using a VPN otherwise you are useing illigal copyrighted material and are subject to massive fines. Buffering is another issue may be due to your Internet speed and your router. Check out the site on YouTube Do It Yourself Tech Projects For Home & Small Business

LOMDtrainman 01-05-2020 08:35 AM

[QUOTE=LOMDtrainman;1707311]Don't know whatyou paid for this at the firestick or which model. you could have bought one from Amazon for 24.99 since yours has KODI added you should be using a VPN otherwise you are useing illigal copyrighted material and are subject to massive fines. Buffering is another issue may be due to your Internet speed and your router. Check out the site on YouTube [url=http://www.troypoint.com]

russoncindy 01-05-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

I've been using Kodi for over 5 years and what you're experiencing is normal. Your internet speed is fine. The lack of 'servers' i.e. sites that are prepared to host movies, TV pgms etc is the problem. You can install an app called real-debrid which may help but as you say you're a non teckie I would take the advice of those that say give up and enjoy the movies that come with TV firestick or Roku. Join Amazon prime if you want more free movies. Netflix is also a good bet. If you are determined to stick with Kodi then you face a long haul and a steep learning curve. Your best source of info/help is Troypoint. Currently I've found the addon Tempest to work relatively well. The subsection livetv (iptv) -> movies-> which includes HBO, Showtime, Starz and CNN work reasonably well. A vpn service is well advised. All in all the days of Directv, Dishnet etc are numbered and streaming is the future, your biggest problem will be which one(s) to choose but that's another topic.