Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Another Costco Rumor (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/another-costco-rumor-301409/)

justjim 01-04-2020 03:04 PM

Another Costco Rumor

On a Village social neighborhood site it is said that Costco has purchased property in Clermont, Florida for a new store. Clermont is just 25 miles south of Leesburg via U.S. 27/Florida Turnpike and would easily be accessible to Village residents. Perhaps dreams of a Costco close by for Village shoppers just might come true. Or maybe this is just another false rumor. What say you? :faint:

JerryLBell 01-04-2020 03:58 PM

My wife read online that Costco is officially coming to Clermont. If so, that would be closer than going to Altamonte Springs, Orlando or Tampa to get our Costco fix. I still wish they'd come to The Villages but apparently they think of us as A) a seasonal population (although the full-time resident count is growing by leaps and bounds) and B) cheap. Well, B) may be true. I've heard that Sams Club doesn't do as well as at other locations as Villages only buy small ticket items (like groceries and gas) there rather than big-ticket items (like furniture and appliances).

EdFNJ 01-04-2020 04:01 PM

WooHoo! The first Costco thread of 2020!

CWGUY 01-04-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1707143)

:MOJE_whot: Costco Threads ......can't get enough of them...... like Dog Poop Threads! :ohdear:

ColdNoMore 01-04-2020 06:50 PM

I LOVE COSTCO! :bigbow:

ColdNoMore 01-04-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 1707129)
On a Village social neighborhood site it is said that Costco has purchased property in Clermont, Florida for a new store. Clermont is just 25 miles south of Leesburg via U.S. 27/Florida Turnpike and would easily be accessible to Village residents. Perhaps dreams of a Costco close by for Village shoppers just might come true. Or maybe this is just another false rumor. What say you? :faint:

I suppose every little bit helps, but unfortunately, that's only +-15 minutes closer than to the Wesley Chapel or Altamonte Springs locations from my house. :shrug:

Oh well, at least they're getting closer!
:D

Velvet 01-04-2020 07:18 PM

Clermont won’t make any difference for us as a few minutes of driving more would get us to 3 other Costcos. Maybe for future Villager in the south section when it is developed it might make a difference.

Altavia 01-04-2020 10:06 PM

Only 34 min from Linden, about the same as Spanish Springs :coolsmiley:

NotGolfer 01-04-2020 10:30 PM

Depending on the location in T.V. one lives...that might be closer. We're in the vicinity between Mallory CC and Hemingway CC, so it's about 30 minutes to Clermont for us, if it's on the end of town of Culver's.

retiredguy123 01-05-2020 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryLBell (Post 1707141)
My wife read online that Costco is officially coming to Clermont. If so, that would be closer than going to Altamonte Springs, Orlando or Tampa to get our Costco fix. I still wish they'd come to The Villages but apparently they think of us as A) a seasonal population (although the full-time resident count is growing by leaps and bounds) and B) cheap. Well, B) may be true. I've heard that Sams Club doesn't do as well as at other locations as Villages only buy small ticket items (like groceries and gas) there rather than big-ticket items (like furniture and appliances).

I don't think it is "official". Yesterday, I did an online chat with Costco and asked specifically about the Clermont store. The chat lady said that they don't announce any information about future stores until they break ground.

Marathon Man 01-05-2020 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1707143)

:1rotfl:

NotGolfer 01-05-2020 07:46 AM

Rumors abound in T.V.---generally heard either at the pool or from an agent (real estate or a store). Unless we see the announcement in the paper I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Rango 01-05-2020 07:51 AM

:Screen_of_Death:

Jazzmom 01-05-2020 08:17 AM

It would depend where in Clermont , it's a large area. Two weeks ago the rumor was north half way between TV and Ocala.

Singerlady 01-05-2020 08:29 AM

We were told by a Sam’s employee here that Sams is the busiest store in Florida. True? Dunno.