Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Miller's Ale House - THE place for Steak Fajitas (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/millers-ale-house-place-steak-fajitas-301448/)

coffeebean 01-05-2020 01:40 PM

Miller's Ale House - THE place for Steak Fajitas

I have been searching for a restaurant that serves Steak Fajitas as good as my favorite Mexican Restaurant in New Jersey. Miller's Ale House is the place to go for EXCELLENT steak fajitas.

I realized I found what I've been searching for when I saw the photo of the Steak Fajitas on the menu. I said to myself, "this must be too good to be true". I ordered the Steak Fajitas and hoped they were prepared like the photo. Yes, they were. Let me explain:

When I ordered, I was asked how I would like the steak cooked. That was the first sign that this beef will be as delicious as my favorite Mexican restaurant in NJ. I ordered the steak to be cooked medium. These are thick juicy slices of steak, not tiny skinny tiny strips of overdone steak as other restaurants serve. Miller's fajitas steak is scrumptious and pink in color. Yes, Fajita steak that is actually cooked to perfection with LOTS OF FLAVOR!!!!! Oh, my goodness. The flavor is exceptional because it is actually seasoned.....probably marinated. The steak, not only tasted great but was juicy.

OK.....now about the veggies: the peppers and onions were sauteed until they were soft.....yes I said soft. Finally, a restaurant who knows how to cook Fajita vegetables correctly.

Four flour tortillas were brought to the table in a tortilla holder, not just rolled up in aluminum foil as other restaurants do it. The accompaniments are sour cream, two shredded cheeses, tomatoes and onions and shredded lettuce. Guacamole is $.99 extra. The meal, without the Guacamole is $13.49 and worth every penny. What is also not included with the Steak Fajitas is rice and refried beans. I didn't miss them though because I was enjoying the steak so much.

The service was excellent. We arrived a the restaurant as it was opening. The restaurant was filled to capacity within 15 to 20 minutes and this was on a Sunday.

Next time I'm ordering a Margarita to go with Miller's fabulous Steak Fajitas!

John_W 01-05-2020 01:55 PM

I just had lunch steak fajitas on Thursday, they have to be mighty good to beat Fiesta Grande at Colony, and only $9.90. They come out to your table still sizzling on a metal plate, almost too much to eat. I might give Miller's a try, because they did have the best hamburger I've ever eaten. Just plain with grilled onions on a nice roll.

https://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bph...LkeqQ/348s.jpg

JSR22 01-05-2020 01:58 PM

Do not think the fajitas at Colony are very good. I will try Millers.

coffeebean 01-05-2020 04:23 PM

Fiesta Grande Steak Fajitas can not compare to Miller's Ale House for one reason........the steak. Fiesta Grande beef is small, tiny, thin slivers of beef that are over cooked. There is no pink to them at all and to be honest, the beef does not taste seasoned.

All I can say is to try Miller's Ale House Steak Fajita and you will see and taste what I mean.

JSR22 01-05-2020 04:25 PM

Steak

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1707467)
Fiesta Grande Steak Fajitas can not compare to Miller's Ale House for one reason........the steak. Fiesta Grande beef is small, tiny, thin slivers of beef that are over cooked. There is no pink to them at all and to be honest, the beef does not taste seasoned.

All I can say is to try Miller's Ale House Steak Fajita and you will see and taste what I mean.

Exactly why I don't like Fiesta Grande! I like meat medium rare!

PoolBrews 01-05-2020 05:34 PM

Do they serve salsa with them? If so, how is the salsa? In my opinion, the salsa is as important as the meat in fajitas. That is one of my complaints with Cody's. Their steak fajitas are incredible with regards to the steak used. Cooked right, and very tasty. Most of the time they don't bring out any salsa - just chopped tomatoes.

coffeebean 01-05-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lrvalley (Post 1707486)
Do they serve salsa with them? If so, how is the salsa? In my opinion, the salsa is as important as the meat in fajitas. That is one of my complaints with Cody's. Their steak fajitas are incredible with regards to the steak used. Cooked right, and very tasty. Most of the time they don't bring out any salsa - just chopped tomatoes.

No salsa or chips. Miller's is not a Mexican restaurant although they do Steak Fajitas better than any Mexican restaurant I have tried in The Villages or near The Villages. I would expect Salsa and chips at a Mexican restaurant but not at a sports bar/restaurant such as Miller's Ale House.

Next time I go I will ask if they have salsa and chips but I have a feeling the answer will be "no".

Graspher 01-06-2020 05:17 AM

No refried beans and rice - no salsa and chips.......no deal !

Pedrocarrasco01@yahoo.com 01-06-2020 07:29 AM

We used Miller’s Ale House in our Previous home in Boynton Beach, we went there almost every week, yes they are AWESOME, good food great prices and finally a great restaurant here in the Villages that serves real good food at reasonable prices and awesome service, this is one that I don’t mind waiting for

coffeebean 01-06-2020 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graspher (Post 1707568)

I hear ya!!! That's all the bad stuff that, if put in front of me, I can't resist. I LOVE chips and salsa and even better yet, cheso. I LOVE the seasoned rice and re-fried beans (made in lard) and try just to have a small taste and not consume all of that bad stuff.

Not having the bad stuff is perfectly fine with me. I'd rather have the excellent perfectly cooked and seasoned beef that Miller's offers vs the inferior beef that is offered from other restaurants in this area. Not to mention Miller's offers peppers and onions cooked to perfection. The "sauce" on the sizzling caste which flavors the beef and veggies is bursting with flavor so I honestly don't need the rice and beans to enjoy this meal.

I wish I could enjoy all that bad stuff but I'm afraid my waistline doesn't want me to anymore. I can imagine what those refried beans have done to my arteries over the years too. Sooo happy Miller's offers a healthier and tastier version of Steak Fajitas so I can enjoy the meal without the guilt.

John_W 01-06-2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graspher (Post 1707568)

I'm similar, I like the salsa and chips and the rice, in fact I tell them to hold the beans and just rice as well. They give you twice the rice and my wife orders #6 at Fiesta Grande and it's a soft taco and she has just rice. They have the best tasting rice, I could almost make a meal out of it. The steak strips are well done, I like steak med well to well, don't like rare or red, and the strips are perfect. I cut them up as the plate is sizzling to make them even smaller. Much easier to eat and chew when the steak pieces are small like the onions and pepper. Miller's has so many other great items, I think I'll skip the fajitas for now.

len84pa 01-06-2020 09:11 AM

Great Comments. Can't wait to try Millers. If only I knew where it was!

bagboy 01-06-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by len84pa (Post 1707626)
Great Comments. Can't wait to try Millers. If only I knew where it was!

Hwy 441 near Kohls, opposite side of hwy. Not in The Villages.

bagboy 01-06-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1707471)
Exactly why I don't like Fiesta Grande! I like meat medium rare!

Can you order the meat medium rare on your fajita?

JSR22 01-06-2020 12:08 PM

Steak

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1707663)
Can you order the meat medium rare on your fajita?

I had requested medium rare twice and both times over done brown slivers.