Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Nearby restaurants to recommend (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/nearby-restaurants-recommend-301481/)

OlifOlifOlif 01-06-2020 03:01 PM

Nearby restaurants to recommend

In February, I will be visited by my daugher, my son-in-law, and their kids. I want to take them to some eatery so we can bond. They are in the non-food plant stuff, as well as eating foods laced with dope! (The adults, not the kids I hope!) We are more into real food such as meat and potatoes. What place can I take them that will serve both kinds of foods so we can be together rather than go our seperate ways?

This place must be within a ten mile area of The Villages!

John_W 01-06-2020 03:24 PM

Here is the website of the Villages Gourmet Club, it has loads of reviews.

The Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant Review Site

retiredguy123 01-06-2020 03:28 PM

Japanese steakhouse, either VKI or Sakura.

CWGUY 01-06-2020 04:16 PM

:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

bagboy 01-06-2020 06:40 PM

:faint:This just might be the post that puts me over the edge

Two Bills 01-06-2020 07:09 PM

I think the OP's last meal was well laced with something non food, and full of dope!!

Dave2000 01-07-2020 05:38 AM

Burger King has a new vegie burger, and the kids can have a regular burger and fries. Most eateries have vegetarians menus.

hrdcorpsmarine 01-07-2020 06:38 AM

What????

Clydles1 01-07-2020 06:45 AM

I think Miss Cathy’s Cotillion (sp) in Wildwood,has a nice eclectic menu and they have a kids menu. Not laced with pot but maybe they could bring their own and sprinkle it on.

GaryCB 01-07-2020 08:38 AM

Vegan & non-Vegan

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlifOlifOlif (Post 1707741)
In February, I will be visited by my daugher, my son-in-law, and their kids. I want to take them to some eatery so we can bond. They are in the non-food plant stuff, as well as eating foods laced with dope! (The adults, not the kids I hope!) We are more into real food such as meat and potatoes. What place can I take them that will serve both kinds of foods so we can be together rather than go our seperate ways?

My wife is a vegan and I am not. There are several restaurants that have decent vegan options: Glenview, Flying Biscuit, Redsauce (vegan pasta), Ay Jalisco, Square1 has a vegan burger, Demshars has a vegan burger on their lunch menu, Amerikanos has a falafel salad, Lazy Macs Taco shack, TooJays has the impossible burger although she has not tried it yet,

Phof1 01-07-2020 09:40 AM

Chop house is very good. Also The Lighthouse the kids will love being by the water.

Ronlynch@comcast.net 01-07-2020 10:44 AM

Chop House (ask for Maureen or Mia), Havana (ask for Patrick), Evan's Prairie (ask for Charlie). All have a variety of meat based and vegetarian offerings.

Chatbrat 01-08-2020 04:42 AM

If you're lactose intolerant, Mystic ice cream is the most pleasant colonoscopy prep in the world

golfing eagles 01-08-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlifOlifOlif (Post 1707741)

Check out Turners in Leesburg