Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Recliner chairs (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/recliner-chairs-301491/)

bemi3 01-06-2020 07:52 PM

Recliner chairs

We are in the market to buy a new recliner and have been all over locally. We recently saw one we are considering. It is a STANLEY brand leather chair with a good price. (had never heard of this brand) It seems to have a lot of positives and we are wondering if anyone has experience with the brand, and an opinion positive or negative they would like to share.

villagetinker 01-08-2020 01:17 PM

I know nothing of the brand, but be sure the "leather" is real leather, not BONDED leather. In my limited experience, the lower priced goods tend to be bonded leather. The bonded leather may tend to fail much sooner and may not be repairable. You could also to a google search and see if there are any reviews, if there are, I always look at the negative reviews first.

raynan 01-08-2020 09:24 PM

Stanley leather chairs are Duraleather which is recycled pieces of leather pressure bonded together and then sealed. Sounds like bonded leather to me. I got this by googling Duraleather after googling Stanley leather chair.

Fredman 01-08-2020 10:59 PM

Bonded leather

Stay away from bonded leather

JGVillages 01-09-2020 03:32 PM

Check out Kent Furniture in Bellview. We have had a number of different Makes of leather recliners and sofas over the years but the “Southern Motion” brand they carry has been by far the best quality and most durable.

Jima64 01-10-2020 07:25 PM

We bought a lazy boy online , cloth material and haven't regretted it.

Love2Swim 01-11-2020 07:25 AM

We have Stressless recliners, real leather. We've found them to be incredibly comfortable and durable. I bought one used, and the other new online. There is a dealer up on Rolling Acres Road if you want to check them out, but very expensive to buy there.

Bay Kid 01-11-2020 07:41 AM

A good Lazboy in real leather. So comfortable. Just replaced my +30 year Lazboy, so they do last.

Dan9871 01-13-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2Swim (Post 1708900)
We have Stressless recliners, real leather. We've found them to be incredibly comfortable and durable. I bought one used, and the other new online. There is a dealer up on Rolling Acres Road if you want to check them out, but very expensive to buy there.

We have Stressless chairs and have had them a long time. I agree they are very comfortable. They come in sizes so you can get one that fits your proportions. They are pricey though.