Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Test Drive a TESLA - January 11th at Whispering Oaks Winery from 1pm-2pm (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/test-drive-tesla-january-11th-whispering-oaks-winery-1pm-2pm-301525/)

Ahouse 01-07-2020 05:04 PM

Test Drive a TESLA - January 11th at Whispering Oaks Winery from 1pm-2pm

2 Attachment(s)
Join the Florida Tesla Enthusiast Club at Whispering Oaks Winery (10934 County Road 475, Oxford, FL) Saturday, January 11, 2020 for a public meet and greet from 1PM to 2PM. During this time you can come and ask owners about their experience driving electric cars. Additionally, if you have never driven a Tesla you are in for a treat as a Tesla representative will be on hand to offer test drives and answer all your questions about solar!

Whispering Oaks Winery is located on a large farm in the rolling countryside west of the Villages. They have 40,000 blueberry bushes on the farm and naturally specialize in blueberry wines. The winery offers a lite menu during the day and dinner at night. Enjoy live music from 1PM to 4PM.

Chatbrat 01-07-2020 05:53 PM

Will never own an all electric car that can't get me out of Fl, when we have a mandatory evacuation order, I'll stick with my 500 mile range gas car

EdFNJ 01-07-2020 09:03 PM

Amazing vehicle, my nephew has new one. Pulls about 10 g of gravity against you if you hit the "gas" pedal hard :D but until you can drive them 1500 miles between charges I'd never own one (I'll just look and drool over the amazing technology) and IMO right now they are just a beautiful hi-tech expensive novelty. Can't see taking a 1300 mile trip up north and having to stop and charge every 250-400 miles depending on what battery pack you choose. If money is no object as it isn't for some then all the power (pun intended) to you and I'm plain jealous!

biker1 01-08-2020 12:44 AM

You will spend more time recharging a Tesla on a road trip at one of their 6000 or so Supercharging stations in the US than you will refueling a gas car but your gas car doesn't have a 1500 mile range either. If the additional time recharging a Tesla every 250 miles or so (probably about 40 mins) is an issue then rent a gas car for road trips. My wife and I often rent a car for road trips instead of using our gas car so we don't put the miles on our car. If most of your driving is local, the range is irrelevant since you will recharge at night at home.

I believe you will find that the range of Teslas will go from the current 300+ miles to close to 500 miles within the next 2-3 years (about the same as our current gas car). However, how much time you spend recharging on road trips is probably more a function of the power of the Superchargers than the range of the battery pack. For a given Supercharger, a larger battery pack means a longer charging time (since the charging time is non-linear with regard to the state of charge, a larger pack is always an advantage, however), but you will save some time by not having to pull off the highway as often.

Regarding the "money is no object" comment, for many people the 5 years total cost of ownership will be less with a Tesla Model 3 than a similarly sized gas vehicle because of the lower operating costs and lower depreciation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1708089)
Amazing vehicle, my nephew has new one. Pulls about 10 g of gravity against you if you hit the "gas" pedal hard :D but until you can drive them 1500 miles between charges I'd never own one (I'll just look and drool over the amazing technology) and IMO right now they are just a beautiful hi-tech expensive novelty. Can't see taking a 1300 mile trip up north and having to stop and charge every 250-400 miles depending on what battery pack you choose. If money is no object as it isn't for some then all the power (pun intended) to you and I'm plain jealous!

Bay Kid 01-09-2020 07:19 AM

I need to hear the V8 sound from dual exhaust.

leftyf 01-12-2020 10:27 AM

Was anybody impressed?

Bay Kid 01-13-2020 08:26 AM

Guess not. Still need to hear that sound.

Nucky 01-13-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bay Kid (Post 1709426)
Guess not. Still need to hear that sound.

Buy The Tesla, Play this Video. Problem Solved. :1rotfl: :gc: