Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Air Quality Inspection (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/air-quality-inspection-301700/)

johnsi911 01-13-2020 03:55 PM

Air Quality Inspection

My brother recently purchased a manufactured home near Brownwood. He's having some respiratory issues and we believe there may be some Air Quality issues such as mold or volatile organic compounds (TVOC) in the home. The home was vacant over the summer with no AC on.

I'm looking for a person or organization that can do an Air Quality Inspection but does not offer or have association with an outfit that does remedial services. IMHO, having an inspection service that offers remedial services is like letting the fox in the hen house.

villagetinker 01-13-2020 04:04 PM

Call Frank DeAngelo, he advertises here, and ask him. I do not think he does this type of work, but I am sure he knows who does, and he is probably very knowledgeable about the restoration services.

Bogie Shooter 01-13-2020 09:27 PM

All summer no air = mold.

New Englander 01-14-2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogie shooter (Post 1709566)
all summer no air = mold.

exactly

Dan9871 01-14-2020 07:32 PM

You might try the local SetvePro franchise. The do mold remediation. They may be to check for mold too or know someone does.

The Villages, FL Water, Fire & Mold Damage Cleanup and Restoration | SERVPRO of Sumter County / Villages / Marion Oaks

New Englander 01-14-2020 07:43 PM

What if it is MOLD, and it's inside the walls?

Dan9871 01-15-2020 07:35 AM

Here is a local mold inspector. I don't know anything about them but they cover The Villages.

Home Inspector USA

MOLD INSPECTIONS, MOLD ASSESSMENTS and MOLD TESTING; Residential, Commercial, Medical Facilities and Government Facilities in North Central Florida, Mold Inspections and Mold Assessments, The Villages Mold Inspections, Gainesville Mold Inspections, L

villagetinker 01-15-2020 08:25 AM

OP, after thinking about this some more, you may have some legal remedy against the seller, I would talk to a lawyer. I also suspect that if you have mold, you may be into a very significant cost as the drywall may need to be removed in some areas and replaced. Note to add to your concerns, but you should probably have a termite inspection also.
Good luck.

Heartnsoul 01-16-2020 05:22 PM

Read my post today. We are trying to figure out what is going on after a vent cleaning co came in and told us mold in return duct

bagboy 01-16-2020 06:16 PM

I'm starting to smell a rat.....

JoMar 01-16-2020 08:51 PM

Manufactured Home near Brownwood.....outside The Villages?