Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   I don't think so (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/i-dont-think-so-301720/)

mmitchell 01-14-2020 09:23 AM

I don't think so

Last evening my neighbor and I went to Briarwood for a quick nine before dinner. We were paired with a nice young couple from Colorado down here visiting grampa. As we were walking off the eighth green one of those fellows in a light green golf shirt drove up and told the nice young couple that there was a time limit on the golf cart rental and they had to leave the course. I have seen some strange and impolite behavior before from the ambassadors but that was outrageous. My feeling is, somebody wanted to go home and that was the last cart on the course.

Two Bills 01-14-2020 09:36 AM

I would not have left the course, until I had finished the round I had paid for.

OrangeBlossomBaby 01-14-2020 10:17 AM

Unless that nice young couple had this golf cart for a few rounds on the course already. Since they aren't Villagers, and Grandpa (the actual villager) wasn't there, maybe guest privileges don't allow for someone to use a course-cart for longer than a single round per day?

I don't know the rules and etiquette revolving around the use of carts for the executive courses but that explanation would at least make sense.

anothersteve 01-14-2020 10:30 AM

If it was near sunset the rental carts have to be back before sunset as they have no headlights.
Steve

Two Bills 01-14-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothersteve (Post 1709714)
If it was near sunset the rental carts have to be back before sunset as they have no headlights.
Steve

In which case the pro shops should stop renting out carts earlier, if there is not time to complete a round of golf.

Rapscallion St Croix 01-14-2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmitchell (Post 1709680)
Last evening my neighbor and I went to Briarwood for a quick nine before dinner. We were paired with a nice young couple from Colorado down here visiting grampa. As we were walking off the eighth green one of those fellows in a light green golf shirt drove up and told the nice young couple that there was a time limit on the golf cart rental and they had to leave the course. I have seen some strange and impolite behavior before from the ambassadors but that was outrageous. My feeling is, somebody wanted to go home and that was the last cart on the course.

https://equilibregaia.files.wordpres...eng.jpg?w=1075

My interpretation is that you were guilty of slow play.

Marathon Man 01-14-2020 02:14 PM

The ambassador was doing his job. No need to put him down like that.

tophcfa 01-14-2020 10:47 PM

They rent golf carts at executive courses??

anothersteve 01-14-2020 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1709865)
They rent golf carts at executive courses??

Yes, through the champ courses. I know Palmer has a few dedicated for Belmont, Pimlico and Churchill
Steve

PaulUnderwood 01-15-2020 07:27 AM

At OBH we wait till you are finished whether it be a a pull cart or a golf cart thats our policy.

raney3099 01-15-2020 08:38 AM

Yes people can be nasty here. Not the majority but some.

anothersteve 01-15-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raney3099 (Post 1709925)
Yes people can be nasty here. Not the majority but some.

??
Who was "nasty"?

Steve

canyonblue 01-15-2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothersteve (Post 1709870)
Yes, through the champ courses. I know Palmer has a few dedicated for Belmont, Pimlico and Churchill
Steve

Unless you play at the courses south of 44 (ie: Fenney, etc) then you have the luxury of picking it up right at the course, in most cases only having to walk 20 feet to get in your nice new rental cart. Now for those that live south of 44 and want to go enjoy a round at an Executive north of 44, well it's not so convenient.

jrieker68 01-15-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canyonblue (Post 1709941)
Unless you play at the courses south of 44 (ie: Fenney, etc) then you have the luxury of picking it up right at the course, in most cases only having to walk 20 feet to get in your nice new rental cart. Now for those that live south of 44 and want to go enjoy a round at an Executive north of 44, well it's not so convenient.

All we have to do is call the nearest Championship Golf Club and a cart will be ready and waiting for you at the executive course.

charmed59 01-15-2020 06:46 PM

My husband was called off the 8th hole on Grey Fox (south of 44) because they needed the carts back before they closed. It was before daylight savings ended, so it wasn’t a light issue. It was likely the course had backed up and people had to go home. They pulled all people with rental carts behind him also.