Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Excellent experience with The Villages Ear in Brownwood (Traverse Trail) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/excellent-experience-villages-ear-brownwood-traverse-trail-301737/)

Cindy619 01-14-2020 02:12 PM

Excellent experience with The Villages Ear in Brownwood (Traverse Trail)

I am now the proud owner of hearing aids! It was time... I had 55% loss in one ear; 41% loss in the other. Angelo Darby at the Brownwood location did the hearing test and then explained it all to my satisfaction. He fitted me with a set of hearing aids, computer adjusted to 80% correction. He explained that if you walk out with 100% correction, it will seem so LOUD, you will likely return them. So, we start with 80%. I just went back for my 7-day check and now have them set to 90%. I LOVE them!

I definitely recommend this company, at this location.

Bogie Shooter 01-14-2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy619 (Post 1709782)
I am now the proud owner of hearing aids! It was time... I had 55% loss in one ear; 41% loss in the other. Angelo Darby at the Brownwood location did the hearing test and then explained it all to my satisfaction. He fitted me with a set of hearing aids, computer adjusted to 80% correction. He explained that if you walk out with 100% correction, it will seem so LOUD, you will likely return them. So, we start with 80%. I just went back for my 7-day check and now have them set to 90%. I LOVE them!

I definitely recommend this company, at this location.

The Sourthern Trace location provides that personal touch as well.

A and A 02-01-2020 06:44 AM

Thank you, Cindy. Glad you had a great experience! As you mentioned, setting Target Gain to 100% for those patients new to instrumentation is not a good idea. Working your way there in a "stairstep" approach ensures comfortability, audibility, and clarity from the beginning. See you soon for your next appointment! - Angelo

graciegirl 02-01-2020 08:18 AM

I didn't want to go to someone who wasn't a licensed audiologist. I also was very skeptical going to any hearing aid "store" or location because many, many try to up sell you and hearing aids are not cheap. The skill to fit them to the hearing loss is a real one too.

That said, I cannot say enough about Dan at The Village Ear just next to the Publix shopping Plaza on 466 near the High School.

Dan has great skill and he did an excellent job fitting me with "hearers" to allay my now 50% hearing loss. He must have called me back 12 times (at no charge) until he was satisfied with the adjustments. We also said we had a stipend for a certain brand negotiated by the company insurance and he used that brand. (It is a reputable one) and reduced the cost to us.