Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Traffic Ticket School (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/traffic-ticket-school-301831/)

Chatbrat 01-17-2020 02:21 PM

Traffic Ticket School

Well, just finished a traffic ticket course, to nullify any points associated with the ticket, I got--there were 16 people in the class--15 were villagers-the scariest, thing was 11 in the class were there because of auto accidents , I'm 77 & looking around most in the class were way older

Just renewed my license, Fl has to be nuts not requiring me & others of my age to renew our licenses for 8 years--this means if I live to be 85--NO state entity will test me till something happens
Honestly, @ 80, we should be tested every 2-3 years

karostay 01-18-2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1710375)
Well, just finished a traffic ticket course, to nullify any points associated with the ticket, I got--there were 16 people in the class--15 were villagers-the scariest, thing was 11 in the class were there because of auto accidents , I'm 77 & looking around most in the class were way older

Just renewed my license, Fl has to be nuts not requiring me & others of my age to renew our licenses for 8 years--this means if I live to be 85--NO state entity will test me till something happens

More like every 2 to 3 months

New Englander 01-18-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

If you get a ticket and agree to take the course, the ticket goes away?

Rapscallion St Croix 01-18-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Englander (Post 1710581)
If you get a ticket and agree to take the course, the ticket goes away?

Agreeing gets you nowhere. If you complete the course, you still pay the fine but get no points on your license.

Chatbrat 01-18-2020 12:47 PM

The ticket cost $166+$7.00 to "elect" to take the course + $45.00 for the course

Just $$ but NO points

DonH57 01-19-2020 08:52 AM

Quote:

I agree with you 100% on that. :mademyday:

stan the man 01-19-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1710624)
The ticket cost $166+$7.00 to "elect" to take the course + $45.00 for the course

Just $$ but NO points

Did you learn anything ??

GatorFan 01-19-2020 08:54 PM

Only the points on your license but will still show up if MVR is run.

stan the man 01-20-2020 10:57 AM

Just wondering what this $166 ticket was for?? It seems like a lot of money.

OrangeBlossomBaby 01-20-2020 11:07 AM

I'd be okay with mandatory testing every 4 years from age 60 to age 70, then every 2 years after that. I was actually surprised that I wasn't required to take anything other than an eye test when I transferred my license from Connecticut to here back in November. I thought for sure I'd need to prove I could at least parallel park.

When I moved to Florida for a summer in the 1980's I got a "provisional" license, which let me keep my northern license and still be insured in the north. It was good I believe for up to 6 months. I had to take a physical driving test, then.

Paper1 01-20-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

I took that course online, still paid fine of course but points recovered.

ColdNoMore 01-20-2020 11:44 AM

About 25 years ago, I ended up going to 8 hours of traffic school on a Saturday morning, to reduce a ticket for driving just a tad bit over the speed limit (long tangent/no other cars :D)...with my "Fast & Furious" type sports car.

The guy teaching the class, was a very large ex-State Trooper who told us that: "although it's the law, I personally don't believe in using seat belts." :22yikes:

The dozen or so of us in the class, had a LOT of fun with that one...for about an hour of a very long day.
:1rotfl:

John_W 01-20-2020 02:35 PM

I got stopped on Powell Rd on December 23rd for going 50 in a 35. He asked, what's the hurry, I said the right lane was bumper to bumper so I had to sprint ahead of the first car so I could make a right on 466A. He took my license and registration back to his car, I guess he just wanted to run a check. He came back and said the ticket would be $160 and handed me a printed warning and said Merry Christmas. I shook his hand and said thanks and told him I'm a big fan of the show "Live PD" on A&E, he said, in real life it's not like that, not near as hectic.