Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Real Estate Agent from The Villages never contacted us (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/real-estate-agent-villages-never-contacted-us-301837/)

jayerose 01-17-2020 05:37 PM

Real Estate Agent from The Villages never contacted us

My friend and I visited The Villages two weeks ago and had one of the agents show us around to include some new homes.

He was supposed to email me some information in the next day or two but we never heard from him.

I am a white woman and my friend is a black male...it just occurred to me that perhaps that is the reason we never heard from this agent?

vintageogauge 01-17-2020 05:41 PM

Or you just have a bad agent. It helps to ask for referrals before you chose an agent. If you want to continue I would highly recommend Beth Pope.

manaboutown 01-17-2020 05:45 PM

Some agents are just lazy. They sell homes hand over fist with minimal effort. The guy I had never showed me a resale even though I pushed him hard to do so. He only drove me a couple times to new spec homes and told me to drive myself around if I wanted to look at resales and to call him if I found one. Wanted me to all the work but he would get the commission. No way that was going to happen!

Get another agent!

Fredman 01-17-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1710414)
Some agents are just lazy. They sell homes hand over fist with minimal effort. The guy I had never showed me a resale even though I pushed him hard to do so. He only drove me a couple times to new spec homes and told me to drive myself around if I wanted to look at resales and to call him if I found one. Wanted me to all the work but he would get the commission. No way that was going to happen!

Get another agent!

Agree

billethkid 01-17-2020 06:33 PM

It has nothing to do with black or white or other.

It has all to do with business is so good the lazy ones do not have to put forth the effort to make a living!!!

IMVHO.

Aw Man 01-17-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayerose (Post 1710411)
My friend and I visited The Villages two weeks ago and had one of the agents show us around to include some new homes.

He was supposed to email me some information in the next day or two but we never heard from him.

I am a white woman and my friend is a black male...it just occurred to me that perhaps that is the reason we never heard from this agent?

Why don't you send a short email or text to the agent letting him know you haven't received the expected information as yet.

If he doesn't respond to the reminder I'd call the sales office and tell them your problem.
I had a similar situation after my initial visit and my eventual call to the LSL sales office resulted in getting very professional service from another sales agent.

JoMar 01-17-2020 07:41 PM

Recommend Jim McLaughlin, jim.mclaughlin@thevillages.com, 352-551-8117. Jim is one of the senior sales guys here and has lived in 6 or 7 neighborhoods which gives him a perspective that some of the younger and newer agents don't have. Jim honors his commitments, a work ethic that comes with age and respect for his clients.

Goldwingnut 01-17-2020 07:43 PM

The realtors don't care about black and white, the only color they care about is green. The quicker they turn a buck the happier they are.

Many have accused the developer of being greedy, I say they're not, they're businessmen building communities and homes, that's their business.

What is shameful is the lies and misinformation so many of the sales agents will tell just to close a sale - "build out", "they'll never build behind your home", "the amenity fee will never go above $155", the list goes on and on, anything to close the deal.

Not all are like this but there are too large a number who are.

If you're a realtor for The Villages and you take offense you need to look around your office, you'll see the ones I'm talking about (be careful of mirrors too), you know what I say is true.

Barefoot 01-17-2020 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1710420)
It has nothing to do with black or white or other.
It has all to do with business is so good the lazy ones do not have to put forth the effort to make a living!

I agree that is has nothing to do with skin color.
Lazy agents don't have to word hard to sell homes in The Villages.
I recommend Debra Parks. She has worked for The Villages for many years.
She is professional, trustworthy, and she listens!

manaboutown 01-17-2020 08:32 PM

FYI Villages agents are licensed by the state of Florida but they are not Realtors.

retiredguy123 01-17-2020 10:15 PM

In my opinion, none of the posts on this thread have answered the OP's question. The only person who can answer the question is the agent who showed them The Villages.

villagetinker 01-17-2020 10:39 PM

OP, have you confirmed the agent has the correct email address?

geobet 01-18-2020 06:00 AM

Don’t go there

pjackson8 01-18-2020 06:12 AM

Are you sure that the email the agent sent you didn’t go to your SPAM or JUNK mailbox?
That is what happened to us.

Sunflower33 01-18-2020 06:57 AM

If that’s the case you have the wrong person. Many people of color live in the villages. I don’t think that should matter to anyone and if it does they have a major problem. If you want a good village sales person message me