Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   It's The Law (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/its-law-301841/)

Bosoxfan 01-17-2020 06:45 PM

It's The Law

Stay right

Obeying this law will help to reduce road rage by being considerate and moving over to the right to let faster traffic by.
Below is a brief excerpt of the law along with the link:
316.081 Driving on right side of roadway; exceptions.—
(1) Upon all roadways of sufficient width, a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway, except as follows:
(a) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing such movement;
(b) When an obstruction exists making it necessary to drive to the left of the center of the highway;
Statutes & Constitution
:View Statutes
:

Online Sunshine

Remember drive right, unless passing.

OrangeBlossomBaby 01-17-2020 10:55 PM

You also have to move to the left, if safe, when there's an emergency vehicle or police pulled over to the side of the road or for sanitation vehicles and some other thing. If you can't move to the left (if no one will allow you to get in the other lane) then you have to slow down so you're going 20mph slower than the posted speed limit. That's a fairly new law.

MSchad 01-18-2020 07:29 AM

Obeying the speed limit would help also.

billethkid 01-18-2020 07:30 AM

Good luck.
As effective as stop and speed signs in TV (or anywhere else).

C4Boston 01-18-2020 07:38 AM

This is also good advice for bicyclists. Riding in the middle of a lane increases the danger of a texter turning you into road kill. Save your life, stay to the right, and of course always wear a helmet.

golfing eagles 01-18-2020 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosoxfan (Post 1710426)
Stay right

Obeying this law will help to reduce road rage by being considerate and moving over to the right to let faster traffic by.
Below is a brief excerpt of the law along with the link:
316.081 Driving on right side of roadway; exceptions.—
(1) Upon all roadways of sufficient width, a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway, except as follows:
(a) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing such movement;
(b) When an obstruction exists making it necessary to drive to the left of the center of the highway;
Statutes & Constitution
:View Statutes
:

Online Sunshine

Remember drive right, unless passing.

Thank you.

Translation: If you are one of the clowns that insist on driving 30 in a 45 zone,--get the heck out of the left lane!!!!!

zmarkp 01-18-2020 07:50 AM

i always move to the left lane when approaching a local roundabout -- sometimes way ahead if there's traffic. does the law address that?

golfing eagles 01-18-2020 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zmarkp (Post 1710517)
i always move to the left lane when approaching a local roundabout -- sometimes way ahead if there's traffic. does the law address that?

Hopefully not if you're taking the first exit:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Come to think of it, why????? (unless you're going to the 3rd exit). IMHO, the inner lane is more dangerous when going straight, since some bozo entering (illegally) from the first exit will cut right in front of you.

karostay 01-18-2020 08:08 AM

Laws,Rules,Civility towards others ...The villages :1rotfl::1rotfl:

New Englander 01-18-2020 09:42 AM

I admit it. I drive slower than most, BUT, I always stay in the right lane. If I pass a car going slower than me, I put the pedal to the medal and get back in the right lane.

Two Bills 01-18-2020 10:01 AM

IMHO if older drivers just left more distance between them and the vehicle in front, that would go a long way to reducing accidents.
Older, equals slower reactions.

njbchbum 01-18-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1710586)
IMHO if older drivers just left more distance between them and the vehicle in front, that would go a long way to reducing accidents.
Older, equals slower reactions.

And I think that if younger drivers would leave earlier for school/work, would not be texting while driving and would be paying more attention to the driving conditions and not frustrating because they can't get where they are going fast enough that would go a long way to reducing accidents!

OrangeBlossomBaby 01-18-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbchbum (Post 1710601)
And I think that if younger drivers would leave earlier for school/work, would not be texting while driving and would be paying more attention to the driving conditions and not frustrating because they can't get where they are going fast enough that would go a long way to reducing accidents!

Why do you limit that to younger drivers? Many people who live in the Villages and are over 55 years old work. Many of those workers drive to work. Some of those workers driving to work text and drive, and talk and drive. Every day I see people in golf carts with phones held up against their ears. I see the same of older folks in cars.

Young folks don't have the market of stupidity cornered, by any means.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 01-18-2020 02:42 PM

I've been in the Villages for eight years and have yet to see someone driving on the wrong side of the road. Why did you feel this post is necessary?

njbchbum 01-18-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 1710630)
Why do you limit that to younger drivers? Many people who live in the Villages and are over 55 years old work. Many of those workers drive to work. Some of those workers driving to work text and drive, and talk and drive. Every day I see people in golf carts with phones held up against their ears. I see the same of older folks in cars.

Young folks don't have the market of stupidity cornered, by any means.

Why? Perhaps because so many drivers in the Villages are younger than I am? Perhaps because the previous poster used the term 'older drivers'? Why do you give a flip?