Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Too many in the house (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/too-many-house-301917/)

pdfortin 01-19-2020 06:52 PM

Too many in the house

We have been in TV for a little over 2 years. Permanent, no snow birding. There are many rules in TV that are in place for a reason. We all moved here knowing those rules for the most part. What are the rules behind having your children AND your grand kids living with you in TV. How long is considered a visit? Although we have nothing against children or grandchildren, one of the reasons for moving here was the lack of just that. Nobody ever wants to be "the bad guy" but, rules are in place for a reason. Not wanting to see things get out of hand. Thoughts?

John_W 01-19-2020 07:02 PM

30 days they can visit a year.

I played golf with a resident a while back and his pregnant daughter moved in with them. When she gave birth, he did the right thing. He sold his home and bought a home in Parkwood off CR101. Some people follow rules, others need to be informed or reinforced.

Two Bills 01-19-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdfortin (Post 1710892)
We have been in TV for a little over 2 years. Permanent, no snow birding. There are many rules in TV that are in place for a reason. We all moved here knowing those rules for the most part. What are the rules behind having your children AND your grand kids living with you in TV. How long is considered a visit? Although we have nothing against children or grandchildren, one of the reasons for moving here was the lack of just that. Nobody ever wants to be "the bad guy" but, rules are in place for a reason. Not wanting to see things get out of hand. Thoughts?

Probably the most abused rule in TV. and hardly ever, if at all, enforced.

tophcfa 01-19-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1710908)
Probably the most abused rule in TV. and hardly ever, is at all, enforced.

Most abused along with renting out a room in a house through AIRBNB

vintageogauge 01-19-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1710909)
Most abused along with renting out a room in a house through AIRBNB

There is an ad in todays Daily Sun offering a room for rent in Monarch Grove and they get to use the family golf car.

manaboutown 01-19-2020 08:57 PM

Where are the women with clipboards cruising around in a golf cart to spot serious violations when you really need them?

Goldwingnut 01-19-2020 09:52 PM

The problem with this is that it is considered an "internal" deed restriction and Community Standards has no authority to enforce these. This become a matter between the home owner, the developer, and the offending home owner. Once you inform the developer of the issue they are responsible for taking action, if not then you have the option to take civil/legal action.

I wouldn't worry too much about being "that guy", while you may win the ire of one or two neighbors, the rest will most assuredly appreciate you actions. Just remember who is in the wrong in this situation.

crash 01-20-2020 07:21 AM

If the children are 19 or older they can live here. Those under 19 are limited to 30 days.

Bay Kid 01-20-2020 07:46 AM

After 5 to 7 days I am ready for family and friends to go back home.

wamley 01-20-2020 07:54 AM

Head lights and tail lights.

Good to see them come and good to see them go.

lamay1951 01-20-2020 07:57 AM

30 days is the rule

New Englander 01-20-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bay Kid (Post 1710988)
After 5 to 7 days I am ready for family and friends to go back home.

I'm with you on that.

Davelinda91 01-20-2020 08:24 AM

Can someone please verify the child over 19 can live here statement. I’m not aware of that, I thought I bought In a 55 or older community. I did Hear they can use the pool with out being with an adult but nothing about being able to move in.

Fredman 01-20-2020 08:30 AM

You did not buy in a 55 and older community. By law a certain percentage of residents can be under the age of 55

parchiba49 01-20-2020 08:37 AM

Yes, 19+ can live here. So say, owners, 60, children 40, grands 20, all can live in the home. But I thought there was a limit to how many resident passes per house, though I may be wrong? 55+ communities retain that status as long as 80% of owners (only 1 is needed in the home) are 55. Supposed to be 30+ to use adult and sports pools.