Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Paper or Plastic? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/paper-plastic-302039/)

ColdNoMore 01-22-2020 10:32 PM

Paper or Plastic?

Since we have multiple threads going on the subject, I just thought it was time...for a poll. :D

OrangeBlossomBaby 01-22-2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1711872)
I just thought it was time for a poll on it. :D

Cloth and a funky plastic-cloth combo that is washable and reuseable.

Rapscallion St Croix 01-23-2020 10:44 AM

Either one. I'm bisackual.

Two Bills 01-23-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1712001)

I'm not fussy either.
These days, I'd be grateful to have any old bag.:icon_wink:

graciegirl 01-23-2020 11:54 AM

Love your humor, gentlemen.

karostay 01-23-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1712001)

:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

tophcfa 01-23-2020 07:54 PM

Ever try to pick up a dog poop with paper? I will take plastic if given a choice.

OrangeBlossomBaby 01-23-2020 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1712114)
Ever try to pick up a dog poop with paper? I will take plastic if given a choice.

You could buy a poop-scoop, and physically place it in a paper bag from the scoop. You can buy lunch bags at any supermarket. Or you could use a plastic or latex glove and pick it up by hand, turn the glove inside out when taking it off, and stick the whole thing right in the paper bag.

quilting3grammy 01-24-2020 05:58 AM

Cloth bags

Cloth bags are washable and reusable. Keep in the back of car so always ready for impromptu shopping trips.

ColdNoMore 01-24-2020 06:35 AM

After all of the comments in other threads, I admit to being surprised that plastic is, albeit narrowly (7 versus 8 for paper & either), bringing up the rear...with reusable being more than twice that amount. :shrug:

Makes me proud to see so many "environmentally woke" folks...here in TV. :thumbup:

Madelaine Amee 01-24-2020 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1712172)
After all of the comments in other threads, I admit to being surprised that plastic is, albeit narrowly (7 versus 8 for paper & either), bringing up the rear...with reusable being more than twice that amount. :shrug:

Makes me proud to see so many "environmentally woke" folks...here in TV. :thumbup:

Make that three , yes 3 more concerned citizens in TV. Publix just yesterday, elderly guy in front of me had his cloth bags, I had my plastic coated washable bag and the guy behind me had his own bag! It might actually be catching on!

karostay 01-24-2020 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1712114)

Don't pick it up I'm sure everyone will understand when you explain your going green in order to save the environment

Miguel 1952 01-24-2020 09:01 AM

I don't always agree with you, but so true on this one.

Carla B 01-24-2020 09:45 AM

I was thinking, where will I put the kitchen garbage? For eleven years much of our garbage has gone in the plastic grocery bags, which are then tied together and placed at the curb for pickup. So if these little bags go away, I guess we will be buying plastic bags or maybe wrapping it in the "Daily Sun" and then into a big plastic bag for pickup.

OrangeBlossomBaby 01-24-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carla B (Post 1712254)
I was thinking, where will I put the kitchen garbage? For eleven years much of our garbage has gone in the plastic grocery bags, which are then tied together and placed at the curb for pickup. So if these little bags go away, I guess we will be buying plastic bags or maybe wrapping it in the "Daily Sun" and then into a big plastic bag for pickup.

You can buy plastic bags, either singly at stores that don't provide them free, or in the plastic bag aisle in supermarkets and other stores.

Or you can use the bags found in the produce and meat sections of supermarkets - they're flimsier but they work for compostable stuff.

Or you can use empty potato chip bags, empty dog/cat food bags, empty other-packaging bags.

A last resort would be to use the container without a bag in it at all, and wash the container after each use.

You know, like people used to do before they invented disposable plastic bags.