Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Buying a home in TV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/buying-home-tv-302123/)

eabrusco 01-25-2020 08:59 AM

Buying a home in TV

My husband and I are thinking of buying in TV but we are so confused as to where to buy! Any suggestions about location of home when you decide to buy? Thanks

dewilson58 01-25-2020 09:03 AM

Come visit..........that's best.

Questions to ask:

Is golf important to you guys (by golf cart)??

Amenities by golf cart??

Town Squares by golf cart???

Premier Home??

New vs. Used home??

KSSunshine 01-25-2020 09:40 AM

Find the house on the lot you love! Don't worry about the neighborhood as all are friendly. AND, I would only buy after, not during, a first visit. You need to experience it. Rent for a year or two until you figure out what's important to you is another good way to figure out what's important to you.

birdiebill 01-25-2020 10:07 AM

We rented for the month of May 2016 to gain all the information we needed to make our decision as to whether to move here, what type home we wanted, and where we wanted to live. I would have never been able to make a decision based on due diligence without spending that much time here. The lifestyle visits are nice, but too short for us to make a valid decision.

As others have said, there are advantages and disadvantages for any location in the Villages. You have to decide what is important to you, and the only way to do that is to spend some time here.

Bill32 01-25-2020 10:08 AM

I would purchase a resale in the Lake Sumter area. You would be between Spanish Springs and Brownwood and away from the main roads that border TV.

eabrusco 01-25-2020 04:07 PM

Thank you!

eabrusco 01-25-2020 04:10 PM

We’ve visited twice and coming again in March.

asianthree 01-25-2020 04:15 PM

Everyone is going to give you their idea of where to live. However you need to come rent off season, see for yourself. We have now moved to 3 very different neighborhoods. First was 2 bed 1.5 garage, for parents to stay in. Second was vacation home 3 bed 2 car garage. Third was 3 bed, 2 car plus golf cart garage

rjm1cc 01-25-2020 06:27 PM

Easy golf cart access to where I will tend to want to go.
Decide what each room will be used for and the furnishing you will want in each room. Does the home your looking at let you do what you wanted to do?
Storage - Probably a large garage. Pantry, kitchen cabinets. Will your stuff fit.
Water run off in a big storm.

J1ceasar 01-26-2020 05:38 AM

Compare to non villages communities. Yes there are many others . villages is great but way higher than any other local senior community.

Miss B GA 01-26-2020 06:19 AM

Rent first!

Rent first. I rented for a few months when I first arrived here. After about 90 days I knew exactly where I wanted to be. Good luck!

Obrienx4 01-26-2020 06:37 AM

Hello, spend time here and see where you like best. There is something for everyone.

dominojc 01-26-2020 07:09 AM

Agree with all the comments above. I would add that a used home often has additions that previous owners have done to improve their home. I will tell you those things I am grateful to have. If you expect company, especially grandchildren, proximity to pools is key ( perhaps they could walk to it). We are fortunate to have an adult pool at one end of our Loop, and a family pool at the other. We ended up with a 2 car plus golf cart Amarillo ranch house. This is great because we have a car and each have our own golf cart, and we don’t have to do the shuffle to move one or the other out of the way. A corner lot gives you a little green space and allowed us to expand our outdoor living space (birdcage) to include a fire pit. An enclosed lanai became my husbands “man cave” and gave us each a little away time! A flat driveway allows for garage socials. The split bedroom is perfect, you on one side, guests on the other. Privacy for both of you. I love a front porch you can sit out on and wave to your neighbors. We are very close to stores, restaurants and Walmart, a quick easy golf cart ride and also to Lake Sumter, our favorite town center. I feel lucky to have found all these things in our home first time out because I really didn’t know how much I would appreciate these things. Good luck with your search.

Kdharley07@gmail.com 01-26-2020 08:27 AM

And what section are you in Dominic. I have friends that live in different areas but I seem to like the Lake Sumter area

Northerner52 01-26-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eabrusco (Post 1712515)
My husband and I are thinking of buying in TV but we are so confused as to where to buy! Any suggestions about location of home when you decide to buy? Thanks

I bought a new home. It's nice to have everything brand new. Not much shopping close by. But it will come. Most of the people are younger here and excited about being here. The mature neighborhoods have older folks and more shopping. But it's only a 15 minute drive to civilization.