Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What makes a house sell????? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/what-makes-house-sell-302149/)

Papa Muzzy 01-25-2020 02:43 PM

What makes a house sell?????

We want to put our Courtyard Villa on the market. Realtors all have their own opinions on how to "improve" it's selling points. It has some great selling points already. All new SS appliances. It's in Duval which seems to be selling pretty well still. Comes furnished if wanted, Carpet only in bedrooms etc.....
What are the things you would look for aside from the obvious basic maintenance?
I

JSR22 01-25-2020 02:46 PM

Location, no clutter, granite counter tops, plantation shutters, windows in the lanai, nicely painted, clean and no pet or smoke odor and priced correctly.

Toymeister 01-25-2020 02:49 PM

Professional pictures. Not the 'great' one the realtor says they will take, no the ones they Actually pay 150.00 to a pro to do.

kstew43 01-25-2020 02:50 PM

Advise from a retired Realtor....

Unclutter.... you want the house to look as it has lots of free space, Less is more, especially the kitchen counters

Remove family photos..... you want buyers to picture themselves in the new house

Rid the home of smells...Dog, Cat....smoke....

These are the main 3 I used to advise. Good luck with your sale...

vintageogauge 01-25-2020 02:52 PM

Clean, clean, clean, and priced competitively. Unless your villa has something special it's just one of hundreds for sale so price it right.

karostay 01-25-2020 04:35 PM

A Buyer :1rotfl:

fndrbndr 01-25-2020 04:37 PM

Location, Location, Location.
And Price

raynan 01-25-2020 04:58 PM

neutral colors and no outdated or worn furniture. Possibly bring in someone to stage it

graciegirl 01-25-2020 06:06 PM

A village friend who lives in Buttonwood would be great to tell you what to paint and what to get rid of and what to add. She is wonderful with interior design. I told her she should do it for money. If you want to know her name message me.

rjm1cc 01-25-2020 06:22 PM

I think the price and if it has the basic feature the buyer is looking for. I would tend not to spend any significant of money on improvements. How do you know what the final buyer will want? I would price the home a little higher with the idea of saying I'll reduce the price and you can use that money to do xxx.

Velvet 01-25-2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toymeister (Post 1712648)
Professional pictures. Not the 'great' one the realtor says they will take, no the ones they Actually pay 150.00 to a pro to do.

Completely agree. My heart was absolutely set on a house from photos. I was ready to talk husband into it. It was in the upper limit of what was budgeted for....but, but....so beautiful, fresh, modern. Then I saw the photos previously taken of the house before the new owners bought it. Large tell tale cracks in the cement etc. Wow. Couldn’t run away fast enough.

Two Bills 01-25-2020 07:11 PM

Spend no extra money, except on neutral paint, cleaning materials.
Declutter.
Keep out of the way and let your agent show prospective buyers round.

J1ceasar 01-26-2020 05:34 AM

Photos are key. Joe Hamlin takes by far the best I've seen and has drone and a 3d camera . he understands perspective . fair honest and low-key. Joehamblin@gmail.com
Good luck from Jules r.

Northerner52 01-26-2020 05:38 AM

I had not done the granite, garage floor, crown molding, etc. Took TV six months to sell. Neighbors home with upgrade sold fast. Buyers prefer homes with the upgrades or they will prefer new ones.

bowlingal 01-26-2020 06:27 AM

I am looking for a cyv in Duval...please message me, I would like to see it before you list it. Thanks...bowlngal@comcast.net