Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Don't get it (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/dont-get-302151/)

Chatbrat 01-25-2020 04:25 PM

Don't get it

A person asks about Apex roofing & suddenly the post & reply disappears--would be great if the OP replied

CWGUY 01-25-2020 04:36 PM

:ohdear: https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...oofing-302137/

Early Happy Hour today?

asianthree 01-25-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1712675)

It the new forum. Everyone one has noticed the posts disappearing, no happy hour needed.

Moderator 01-25-2020 07:08 PM

The thread is still there, with replies in the Contractors forum. No conspiracy and no problem with the new format.

EdFNJ 01-25-2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderator (Post 1712708)
The thread is still there, with replies in the Contractors forum. No conspiracy and no problem with the new format.

Only problem with that is there is no "Your thread has been moved to the ?????? section." That option leaves a clickable link where it originally was to where it has been moved to. How is anyone to know that? Many moved threads could be in sections one would never have guessed as it's moderators "option" on where to move it. There is an option in this forum software to leave that message where the thread was originally located. Might be something to consider to use. That might be a reason why many threads in those inbound sections get no replies after being moved. Some of us don't read a combined list of every thread posted on the forum but just read 1 or 2 sections.

John_W 01-25-2020 10:46 PM

Go to the 'Quick Links' button at the top of the page, and from the dropdown, click on "Today's Posts" and the latest posts will appear like in the past irregardless of the section.

Bridget Staunton 01-26-2020 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderator (Post 1712708)

Thank you moderator, I didn’t have a question but I must take the time to compliment you for replying

Moderator 01-26-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1712745)
Only problem with that is there is no "Your thread has been moved to the ?????? section." That option leaves a clickable link where it originally was to where it has been moved to. How is anyone to know that? Many moved threads could be in sections one would never have guessed as it's moderators "option" on where to move it. There is an option in this forum software to leave that message where the thread was originally located. Might be something to consider to use. That might be a reason why many threads in those inbound sections get no replies after being moved. Some of us don't read a combined list of every thread posted on the forum but just read 1 or 2 sections.

When a thread is moved, a PM is sent to the OP detailing the thread’s original forum and the forum to which it was moved. When any new posts are made in the thread, it will show up in New Posts and in Today’s Posts.

bagboy 01-26-2020 10:11 AM

:duck:I would never think to look for an Apex Roofing thread in Contractors...:ohdear:

coffeebean 01-27-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1712845)
:duck:I would never think to look for an Apex Roofing thread in Contractors...:ohdear:

Isn't a roofing company a contractor?

bagboy 01-27-2020 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1713297)
Isn't a roofing company a contractor?

Umm, yes.

EdFNJ 01-28-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderator (Post 1712838)
When a thread is moved, a PM is sent to the OP detailing the thread’s original forum and the forum to which it was moved. When any new posts are made in the thread, it will show up in New Posts and in Today’s Posts.

Yes, I am aware of that. But others following the thread have no clue what happened to it and generally (unless your read ALL combined boards) never find it again and/or think it was deleted or just forget about it.

Polar Bear 01-28-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1713603)
Yes, I am aware of that. But others following the thread have no clue what happened to it and generally (unless your read ALL combined boards) never find it again and/or think it was deleted or just forget about it.

Unless they check “New Posts”, which I believe most people do.

coffeebean 01-29-2020 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1713327)
Umm, yes.

I was being facetious with that comment and reacting to someone who stated they would not know to look in the CONTRACTORS section for a roofing company. LOL.

coffeebean 01-29-2020 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1713621)
Unless they check “New Posts”, which I believe most people do.

I've never checked NEW POSTS. Doesn't that list all the posts on the entire forum? I'm only interested in new posts in the forums I read which are only a handful of what is offered on this site.