Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Options for Selling an old golf cart vs trade-in (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/options-selling-old-golf-cart-vs-trade-302156/)

villages07 01-25-2020 09:05 PM

Options for Selling an old golf cart vs trade-in

I had a functional 2002 Electric Club Cart that I needed to liquidate. One option was to list it here and go through all the effort of meeting buyers, determining price, assuring payment, etc. It just wasn't worth the hassle to me.

So, I called a number that frequently advertises in the paper that he buys old golf carts. Out came Villager Angelo Delmonte (after giving me a rough estimate over the phone). He gave the cart a quick once over, we negotiated a price, he handed over cash and away it goes. I probably gave up a couple hundred $$ in potential free market sale, but, the ease and quickness of the deal was well worth it.

For those buying a new cart with a trade-in, you get very little value on the trade-in. It would be worth a call to Angelo to see if he will beat the trade-in quote.

Phone #: 352-661-0838 Angelo Delmonte

N44125 01-26-2020 06:59 AM

I’m in a similar situation...what did he give you for your cart? Like you, I’m basically looking for a hassle free, walk away with a deal transaction.

Thank you.

Bay Kid 01-26-2020 07:09 AM

I traded my Streetrod to The Villages Cars when I bought my 2020. Got a price from the Streetrod dealer and the Yamaha dealer matched the trade-in price. Much easier than selling myself.

villages07 01-26-2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N44125 (Post 1712773)
I’m in a similar situation...what did he give you for your cart? Like you, I’m basically looking for a hassle free, walk away with a deal transaction.

Thank you.

Sent you a PM.

ColdNoMore 01-26-2020 08:28 AM

I too sold my old one outright (can't remember the name though)...to someone advertising "we buy old golf carts."

While I might have received a couple hundred extra, spending more effort, the convenience of getting it done immediately and having cash in hand, far outweighed the hassle of advertising, meeting people...and then haggling.
:thumbup:

Chi-Town 01-26-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villages07 (Post 1712726)
I had a functional 2002 Electric Club Cart that I needed to liquidate. One option was to list it here and go through all the effort of meeting buyers, determining price, assuring payment, etc. It just wasn't worth the hassle to me.

So, I called a number that frequently advertises in the paper that he buys old golf carts. Out came Villager Angelo Delmonte (after giving me a rough estimate over the phone). He gave the cart a quick once over, we negotiated a price, he handed over cash and away it goes. I probably gave up a couple hundred $$ in potential free market sale, but, the ease and quickness of the deal was well worth it.

For those buying a new cart with a trade-in, you get very little value on the trade-in. It would be worth a call to Angelo to see if he will beat the trade-in quote.

Angelo has bought four carts from my neighbors that I know about. Quick negotiation, cash in hand, and gone in five minutes. All were happy.

villagetinker 01-26-2020 10:05 AM

I sold a 96 Yamaha gas to the same guy, $1000, cash, was very happy with the deal.

Carla B 01-26-2020 04:44 PM

Oh lucky day! Placed ad for Yamaha Gas Cart today on TOTV at 1 pm. Guy called at 1:15 pm eager to see the cart. It took him 30 minutes to get here. Brought cash, deal done.

Two Bills 01-26-2020 07:35 PM

I just sold my landlords golf cart for $5000 cash.
She is going to be trully ****ed off!! :icon_wink:

theruizs 01-27-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

I agree. You have to value your own time and effort, and peace of mind.

ColdNoMore 01-27-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1712984)

She is going to be trully ****ed off!!
:icon_wink:

:22yikes:

:1rotfl:

:thumbup:

Chinook 01-27-2020 09:12 AM

I just sold my gas Yamaha in less than 24 hours for double what the villages would give me. I know Angelo and he wants to give you the same rip off price as the village golf cart. I placed a free add on this site, no trouble at all.

Larry P. 01-27-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1712984)
She is going to be trully ****ed off!! :icon_wink:

Lol, even as a landlord that gave me a chuckle.

greenflash245 01-27-2020 09:57 AM

if selling yourself, meet potential buyer at a public location rather than your home(unless the cart doesn't run). you will always get more $ selling yourself rather than the "buy your cart for cash" people.

OhioBuckeye 01-27-2020 10:28 AM

Ohiobuckeye

Quote:

If you have a golf cart that’s 5 yrs. old or less it’ll sell quick if you have an older cart maybe sell it the way you did because it’s seen it’s better days. I had a 2018 cart that I sold in an hr. after I listed it. A guy called & said don’t sell it, I’ll be there in an hr. don’t care to see it, I’ll take it & I’ll have cash, he was there in 50 mins. Maybe I sold it to cheap but I was happy & he was thrilled.