Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   R.I.P. Kobe (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/r-i-p-kobe-302182/)

Rapscallion St Croix 01-26-2020 02:49 PM

RIP Kobe Bryant

Helicopter crash

manaboutown 01-26-2020 02:56 PM

R.I.P. Kobe

TMZ Report: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash, 5 confirmed dead | FOX6Now.com

Kenswing 01-26-2020 03:08 PM

Wow.. He's was only 41. You just never know when it's your time..

Northwoods 01-26-2020 03:09 PM

Kobe Bryant, former NBA superstar, has died in a helicopter crash in California.

Five people were on the helicopter Bryant was aboard when it crashed near Calabasas, according to TMZ Sports. Vanessa Bryant, Bryant's wife, was reportedly not one of the five aboard the helicopter.

Taltarzac725 01-26-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1712927)

Very sad. R.I.P.

manaboutown 01-26-2020 03:22 PM

He was well liked in Newport Beach. I saw him a couple of times in the grocery store where I shopped. His copter went down near Calabasas. I had hoped none were his children. His wife was not onboard as I understand it. Looks like his 13 year old daughter was with him, going to basketball practice in TO. NBA star Kobe Bryant and daughter killed in helicopter crash | Daily Mail Online

kcrazorbackfan 01-26-2020 03:34 PM

Very sad. He was one of the greatest. RIP, Kobe.

ColdNoMore 01-26-2020 04:43 PM

His drive to excel and the willingness to put everything into it, and practice all of the time...was unsurpassed.

From that standpoint as an athlete...he set the best of examples. :thumbup:

That his young daughter, who had come to love basketball as much as her father, died with him...just adds to this tragedy. :(

tophcfa 01-26-2020 10:37 PM

As a die hard Celtics fan he was not one of my favorites as an athlete, but dam, basketball and life are two very different things all together. No one deserves to go that way, and the worst part is that his 13 year old daughter was with him. Very sad indeed. Tragic things like this makes one want to live every day to its fullest, cause you never know what's gonna happen tomorrow. YIP Kobe.

Madelaine Amee 01-27-2020 06:45 AM

This morning's news report is that the helicopter flew into a mountain in dense fog. In this age of high tech there must have been a piece of equipment on board enabling them to safely fly in dense fog!

My thoughts go to his wife, I cannot imagine how I would have coped with the loss of both my husband and a child.

stadry 01-27-2020 07:02 AM

its a sad day for his family but, remembering ted kennedy as he eulogized bobby, 'my brother need not be idealized, or enlarged in death beyond what he was in life, no one is larger in death than in life.' compare w/ Report: Wife caught Kobe cheating | FOX Sports
hopefully bryant turned his life to the brighter side of the street
i understand he was a gifted b-ball player but we never knew the man - only his accomplishments on a tv screen

blueash 01-27-2020 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stadry (Post 1713043)
its a sad day for his family but, remembering ted kennedy as he eulogized bobby, 'my brother need not be idealized, or enlarged in death beyond what he was in life, no one is larger in death than in life.' compare w/ Report: Wife caught Kobe cheating | FOX Sports
i understand he was a gifted b-ball player but we never knew the man - only his accomplishments on a tv screen

And yet you came to this thread to be sure to remind everyone of his marital issues complete with a link. Somehow I don't think his wife and family who were most impacted by those issues had those thoughts at the top of their concerns when they learned of Kobe's death. But you did. Thanks for the reminder.

Bucco 01-27-2020 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stadry (Post 1713043)

He was a fine man, a human being. He suffered for his mistakes, apologized profusely while everyone watched.

He had not a mean bone in his body. He did for others, criticized very few, and sinceyou did not take the time before posting, please read a bit. He was a great family man.

stadalberts 01-27-2020 08:44 AM

Amen to that!

ColdNoMore 01-27-2020 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucco (Post 1713097)
He was a fine man, a human being. He suffered for his mistakes, apologized profusely while everyone watched.

He had not a mean bone in his body. He did for others, criticized very few, and since you did not take the time before posting, please read a bit. He was a great family man.

Mic drop! :boom: