Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Realtors, Mortgage & Property Management Companies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/realtors-mortgage-property-management-companies-261/)
-   -   Monthly fees (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/realtors-mortgage-property-management-companies-261/monthly-fees-302188/)

tburke1948 01-27-2020 06:28 AM

Monthly fees
 
We are looking at buying a home in the Historic Section and heard through the grape vine that the monthly rates are going to $ 300.00 per month.. Can anyone confirm this??? Thanks so much...352-245-1234

dewilson58 01-27-2020 06:42 AM

And the cost of gas will go to $10/gallon.


But the question is when.


Eventually everything will double, triple in price.

Nucky 01-27-2020 08:30 AM

Even though the Hysterical Section is one of the nicest places in The Villages there is no plan to double the Amenity Fee. Check your source???? You should be paying $159 a month when you move in. Welcome & Good Luck with your move!

villagetinker 01-27-2020 08:51 AM

To be clear, the 'monthly bill' is for the amenity fees ($159), but also includes, trash and recycling, water, irrigation (if provided in that area) on top of the amenity fees, so ours is around $250 total. Your realtor should be able to provide information on typical bills for utilities, the amenity fees, taxes, bonds, etc., so you have a very good idea of your monthly costs.

mattlongrealtor 01-27-2020 09:58 AM

All properties purchased after January 1, 2020, would have a monthly amenity fee of $162. The Villages Historic Districts (Orange Blossom & Silver Lake) do not have a bond or maintenance assessment fees. The monthly bill you get would have the amenity fee and your water and sewage. In some areas, solid waste and recycle are setup and bill separately for The Villages and could differ based on where you live.

CWGUY 01-27-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlongrealtor (Post 1713150)
All properties purchased after January 1, 2020, would have a monthly amenity fee of $162. The Villages Historic Districts (Orange Blossom & Silver Lake) do not have a bond or maintenance assessment fees. The monthly bill you get would have the amenity fee and your water and sewage. In some areas, solid waste and recycle are setup and bill separately for The Villages and could differ based on where you live.

:shocked: Did you forget Country Club Hills? :oops:

Nucky 01-27-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1713166)
:shocked: Did you forget Country Club Hills? :oops:

C.C.HillsExit? Just Kidding! Jeez!

The entire bill is about 2 Beans a month unless you go nuts watering the lawn or do laundry every hour on the hour. OOOPS, strike that. :1rotfl:

mattlongrealtor 01-27-2020 07:38 PM

Technically there is not a "Historic District" this area of The Villages were referring to is a non-district managed under Lake County and not the VCDD, but a part of The Villages.

The follow communities/villages apply:

Village of Country Club
Unit 7
Unit 8
Unit 9
Unit 11
Unit 13

Village of Mira Mesa
Unit 17
Unit 18
Unit 19
Unit 20
Unit 21

Village of Del Mar
Unit 14
Unit 15
Chula Vista Villas
Hacienda Villas

Village of Orange Blossom Gardens
Unit 1
Unit 2
Unit 10

Village El Cortez
Unit 16
Courtyard Villas

Village of Oak Meadows
Unit 89

Village of Hacienda
Spanish Springs Villas
Vista Lago Villas
Vista Sonoma Villas

Village of Silver Lake
Unit 3
Unit 3.1B
Unit 4
Unit 5
Unit 12

Village La Reynalda
Unit 6
Unit 22

Village La Zamora
Unit 23

Village of Spring Arbor
Unit 78

Village of Valle Verde
Unit 24

https://districtgov.org/yourdistrict...ges/distlc.gif

Nucky 01-27-2020 08:37 PM

The Realtor Lied to me. I'm going to call Morgan & Morgan.

The Realtor told all of us we live in The Regular Villages! Now I find out I'm in The Villages Lite? :1rotfl:

bmit16 01-28-2020 06:51 AM

Water and sewer are not included in the amenity fee. It is included in your water bill.

rustyp 01-28-2020 08:37 AM

The historic side is under the wing of the VCCDD (notice two C's) which is essentially the business district governed by the developer. VCCDD stands for Village Center Community Development district. One has to remember the historic side was established long before The Villages was incorporated also before the name "The Villages". There was never a bond for homes built on the historic side. Even new homes built today on the historic side do not have bonds. One has to remember that a bond is issued to cover the infrastructure rather than bake the price into the selling price of a new home ( kind of smoke and mirror marketing trick to make the price of a home seem lower). No need for a bond for the new homes being built on the historic side since the infrastructure already exist. There was other contracts with the residents on the historic side before The Villages came into play. Example free cable TV and garbage pick up. Some of the original residents (the few that are left) actually receive these benefits today until their house is sold or new names on the deed I.E. grandfathered. One also has to remember the historic side was established before VCDD's were established starting with Disney in Florida. I suspect there is some rule that a VCCD can only be formed forward and not retroactive. Anyway The Developers knew the dilemma of having the historic side and the newly formed The Villages under two sets of rules. Harold Schartz stepped up and said don't worry about the historic side. Again remember Harold lived on the historic side and had many friends there. He said the solution is to put them under control of the Village Center District. In fact I will paraphrase Harold from a letter I have to the historic residents at the time of building "The Villages". There are not enough residents on the historic side to worry about in the scheme of what is coming. I will take care of them. Thus the historic side indeed does not have a bond or maintenance fee.
The remainder of The Villages are in VCDD's (one C) Village Community Development Districts. VCDD is followed by a number which designates your district.
Following is a lift from the VCCD website:
"The Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages is governed by the VCCDD. In addition, the VCCDD provides common area maintenance and Deed Compliance services. The Amenity Authority Committee (AAC) is a committee of the VCCDD that oversees amenity fee revenues and expenditures and related policies for properties in the VCCDD service area. A resident from the Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages serves on the AAC."

CWGUY 01-28-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1713329)
The Realtor Lied to me. I'm going to call Morgan & Morgan.

The Realtor told all of us we live in The Regular Villages! Now I find out I'm in The Villages Lite? :1rotfl:

:icon_wink: Taste great and less filling! :beer3:


:) I really liked "Spanish Springs Lite" when it was brewed on Main St.

Nucky 01-28-2020 09:20 AM

Thank You rustyp for that explanation. I have been fortunate enough to meet two people who were pioneers in our community. Even though an explanation several posts back gives a technicality that is informative also I'm still going to refer to this side of the tracks as The Villages.

Out of the stories I've heard about Mr. Schwartz from those he lived with in the beginning is fits in with what they have said about him for him to say "Harold Schwartz stepped up and said don't worry about the historic side I will take care of them". Wish he was still around. During the Trolley Ride that we take every year and a half we have been brought past Mr. Schwartz's first and second homes. The lady on the bus said he was forced to move to the second home. Who really knows.

A really great and early owner on Saint Andrews Blvd came out of his closing looking sad. Turns out he was about 5 feet short of property to be able to add an extra garage in a year or so after he moved into his new home. A man came over and asked him why are you so sad? This should be one of the happiest days of your life. The new owner explained his problem and the man consoled him but never revealed who he was.

The new owner was asked if he could meet at his new home then next morning at 10am and replied that he would. He wasn't moving in for a few more days. At this point he still didn't know he was speaking to Mr. Schwartz. When everyone was assembled Mr. Schwartz identified himself to Bob and asked Bob to open the garage door. When he did there was a brand new Electric Golf Cart with a Bow on it as a gift to help even the score for his disappointment. When Bob was telling me this story this manly man started to cry. He said things like this happened all the time and Mr. Schwartz did it all quietly from the goodness of his heart. I don't take this as Urban Legend, I think the source was perfect. He was a unique guy and very honorable.

rustyp 01-28-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1713458)
Thank You rustyp for that explanation. I have been fortunate enough to meet two people who were pioneers in our community. Even though an explanation several posts back gives a technicality that is informative also I'm still going to refer to this side of the tracks as The Villages.

Out of the stories I've heard about Mr. Schwartz from those he lived with in the beginning is fits in with what they have said about him for him to say "Harold Schwartz stepped up and said don't worry about the historic side I will take care of them". Wish he was still around. During the Trolley Ride that we take every year and a half we have been brought past Mr. Schwartz's first and second homes. The lady on the bus said he was forced to move to the second home. Who really knows.

A really great and early owner on Saint Andrews Blvd came out of his closing looking sad. Turns out he was about 5 feet short of property to be able to add an extra garage in a year or so after he moved into his new home. A man came over and asked him why are you so sad? This should be one of the happiest days of your life. The new owner explained his problem and the man consoled him but never revealed who he was.

The new owner was asked if he could meet at his new home then next morning at 10am and replied that he would. He wasn't moving in for a few more days. At this point he still didn't know he was speaking to Mr. Schwartz. When everyone was assembled Mr. Schwartz identified himself to Bob and asked Bob to open the garage door. When he did there was a brand new Electric Golf Cart with a Bow on it as a gift to help even the score for his disappointment. When Bob was telling me this story this manly man started to cry. He said things like this happened all the time and Mr. Schwartz did it all quietly from the goodness of his heart. I don't take this as Urban Legend, I think the source was perfect. He was a unique guy and very honorable.

I went to a memorial service maybe ten years ago for Harold at Schartz memorial park at the end of Kim Ave. There was quite a few of the original residents and friends of Harold still alive and in attendance. Many stood up and told stories akin to your Bob story. They told stories of how much Harold loved music and parties. The original town square was across from the historic side post office and was the courtyard of the now El Ranchito restaurant. Harold hired musicians to play once per week there. Folks told stories of how Harold started the lifestyle visits. He would be with friends and if they had company he would reach in his pocket, toss out a set of keys to a new manufactured home he just put up and say try it out for a couple days (free). Also was told he would ask where is the neighborhood party this week and if no one had planned one he would have it at his house. Harold insured the residents weren't going to miss a weekly party. Stories of his generosity are amazing. One of the residents at the memorial told of the family being on a budget when building Spanish Springs and Harold did not like the Square design. Story goes he chipped in a million dollars of his own money to "do it right". So when someone says what would Harold have done I can understand why they would say that. You know it is a shame that we are losing site of the history here. I have a very lengthy letter to Villages Employees when Spanish Springs was being built. It is fascinating how they had it designed. Those banners on the buildings like Citrus Exchange are all part of a fictitious story of how Spanish Springs was settled many years ago. The fountain in the square is Ponce De Leon's fountain of youth. Every building in Spanish Springs has a fictitious name, story, and family associated with it.

Barefoot 01-28-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tburke1948 (Post 1713031)
We are looking at buying a home in the Historic Section and heard through the grape vine that the monthly rates are going to $ 300.00 per month.. Can anyone confirm this??? Thanks so much...352-245-1234

We pay an amenity fee of $157.65 a month.
However your bill from The Villages CDD may include garbage and water.
You are expected to pay amenties, garbage and water each month, even when you're not in The Villages.
Our bill for 12/02/2019 to 1/02/2020 was $241.62.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.