Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Tru Grit Coatings or Liquid Floors or Tim Miller??? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/tru-grit-coatings-liquid-floors-tim-miller-302195/)

Graspher 01-27-2020 09:42 AM

Tru Grit Coatings or Liquid Floors or Tim Miller???

I'm leaning towards Tru Grit....but before I trigger - - any comments related to any or all of the business listed above?

Searched the last 3 years of threads related to floor coatings. No need to rehash it all over again. Just a couple of post review comments....

Villagetinker - thanks for the shark tip (and real time test!!).

DadsGarage - many thanks.

Tim Miller gets great reviews...along with others.

John_W 01-27-2020 03:43 PM

I used Tim "The Toolman" Miller nine years ago as a handyman when I moved in. He was great, very reliable, prices were very reasonable. Very honest, he accidentally broke the glass in one of my sliding doors. I had asked him to install some security pins in the slider, he said he had never done that before. First door went fine, second door the glass spider webbed totally. He went and bought a brand new door out of his pocket and installed it first thing the next morning. I kept trying to find jobs for him to do so I could make up for that. He reshelved the master walk-closet by moving all the racks up 2' and then installing identical racks below, patched and painted the holes for only $150 parts included, he even had a helper.

Anyway, last time I saw him, his flooring business took off and he said that was now his full-time business, no more handyman.

Graspher 01-27-2020 04:49 PM

Insightful story! The Toolman seems to be true blue! He gets lots of positive comments - in fact I can’t recall anything that wasn’t positive.

I believe I would get a solid product from Tim - but tru grit uses a different approach/process that has both short term and long term benefits.

The only thing I haven’t done yet is research a price comparison - that will be soon and may impact my final direction.

Thanks for the ping back.

TommyT 01-27-2020 08:42 PM

Tim Miller....... nuff said :a040:

skyking 01-27-2020 09:39 PM

Tim Miller did my floor 8 years ago and it still looks great. He also installed pull down stairs to the storage area above the garage.

Graspher 01-27-2020 10:10 PM

Yup - it seems to be unanimous that Tim is the go to guy. That’s not lost on me. Still processing and working on the cost comparison.

Anyone else (besides those I’ve PM with) have experience with Tru Grit or Liquid floor???

Thanks for the replies Tommy and Skyking.....

mepoole 01-28-2020 06:18 AM

Talk with Custom Ram. They do the best garage floors!

MIskra 01-28-2020 06:49 AM

We had our garage floor done by Tru Grit 2 years ago. James Franklin did a fabulous job. You are welcome to come see it if you would like.

Brwne 01-28-2020 08:23 AM

Liquid Floor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graspher (Post 1713346)
Yup - it seems to be unanimous that Tim is the go to guy. That’s not lost on me. Still processing and working on the cost comparison.

Anyone else (besides those I’ve PM with) have experience with Tru Grit or Liquid floor???

Thanks for the replies Tommy and Skyking.....

We had Liquid Floor do our garage floor last September. It's a husband and wife team and they did a fantastic job. The key to any floor is the initial floor preparation - grinding the floor to open up porosity is extremely important. The result is absolutely beautiful and, my experience is that it's also non-skid. Arrived on time, completed the job on time and left with everything clean and straight. I can't recommend them highly enough.

PoolBrews 01-28-2020 08:27 AM

If you are willing to do your own, you can save money AND have a better product.

Check out epoxy-coat.com and read about the difference between what they sell and what most local folks put down. I did mine last year (2 car extended garage), and put a polyurethane sealer on it with sharkbite.

Looks awesome! It took me a week... I had so much "stuff" here, I couldn't clear out the garage to do it all at once (which increased estimates tremendously). I did half, let it dry, moved everything, then did the other half.

valuemkt 01-28-2020 08:32 AM

Just had Tim Miller do my floor. Looks phenomenal ! However, I would not recommend the ladder he put in to the area above the garage.

nancymiller217@yahoo.com 01-28-2020 08:35 AM

Tim Miller is great. Can’t get better.

John_W 01-28-2020 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valuemkt (Post 1713435)
Just had Tim Miller do my floor. Looks phenomenal ! However, I would not recommend the ladder he put in to the area above the garage.

What's wrong with the ladder, he installed mine 9 years ago and still going strong. I got the aluminum ladder and 100 sf of plywood flooring in the attic all for $290. Did you get the wooden ladder?

Henryfrakl 01-28-2020 09:25 AM

No re hash
Tim Miller was great

Billnat43 01-28-2020 10:13 AM

Any one have Tim Millers{ The tool man tel./email no.}?