Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   NO adult pool in Marsh Bend????? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/no-adult-pool-marsh-bend-302220/)

coffeebean 01-27-2020 04:08 PM

No adult pool in Marsh Bend?

Marsh Bend has NO adult pool? I just read that on another thread which has been CLOSED. (Why do they do that??????)

Anyway, when we purchased our first home here in 2007, we were told every village has a neighborhood ADULT pool. As far as I'm aware, that is true for all the villages north of 44. Has that changed south of 44?

Fredman 01-27-2020 04:14 PM

Not true. Some have adult and some have family

CWGUY 01-27-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredman (Post 1713279)

:ohdear: And some have none! :popcorn:

asianthree 01-27-2020 05:13 PM

We looked at a home 4 houses from Glenview. There are no adult or family pools in that neighborhood.

coffeebean 01-27-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredman (Post 1713279)

Oh, thank you for the information. I guess we lucked out in both the neighborhoods we have lived in. Both neighborhoods had adult pools.

coffeebean 01-27-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1713285)
:ohdear: And some have none! :popcorn:

Really? Could you name a couple of neighborhoods which do not have any pool? I didn't think that existed here in The Villages. We were told all neighborhoods have at least one pool.

coffeebean 01-27-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1713288)
We looked at a home 4 houses from Glenview. There are no adult or family pools in that neighborhood.

Gee. I did not know that. The Villages informed us that all the amenities are built before the first home is closed on and the first resident moves in to a new village. I thought a pool is one of the amenities which is available to everyone in their neighborhood. I'm really surprised to hear this is not the case.

asianthree 01-27-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1713293)
Really? Could you name a couple of neighborhoods which do not have any pool? I didn't think that existed here in The Villages. We were told all neighborhoods have at least one pool.

If you take out the multitude of TV maps you can see which village does or doesn’t have a pool. We didn’t know the homes near Glenview didn’t have pools until we started looking for our 4th home

CWGUY 01-27-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

:popcorn: Where would you like me to start?

North of 466.....

Where is the Polo Ridge pool?
Where is the Glenbrook pool?
Where is the Alhambra pool?
Where is the Bellaire pool?
Where is the Piedmont pool?
Where is the Woodbury pool?
Where is the Santo Domingo pool?

:icon_wink: You get the idea.

tophcfa 01-27-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

We live in the Village of Rio Ponderosa, no adult, family, or sport pool. There are all three types of pools in nearby Villages, but none in ours. Close by are pools in Rio Grand, Chula Vista, La Hacienda, Tierra Del Sol, and Mission Hills, just to name a few.

Velvet 01-27-2020 06:05 PM

The neighborhood pool was very important in my choice of location. Either that or have a house with a pool, but I preferred not to do the upkeep. Before selecting our village, hubby and I went several times to our “future” pool to see what kind of people go there. There were people from other villages there too but most came from close by. We felt welcomed and happy and knew we would stay.

bern916 01-28-2020 05:35 AM

We live in Polo Ridge. Although we don't have our "own pool" .. the next Village over, Summerhill, has an adult pool. It's a short golf cart ride for us. Was not a big deal to us when we bought down here. :)

graciegirl 01-28-2020 06:11 AM

Here is a map of community pools in The Villages.

https://www.districtgov.org/departme...ges/RecMap.pdf

Little Fuchsia Square shows Sports Pools
Little Orange Squareshows neighborhood pools
Little Green Square shows ...you will see here.

Life in The Villages Here is a picture of Pool at Marsh View.

Northerner52 01-28-2020 06:15 AM

Kiddie pools should be regional. Adult everywhere.

coffeebean 01-28-2020 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1713368)
Here is a map of community pools in The Villages.

https://www.districtgov.org/departme...ges/RecMap.pdf

Little Fuchsia Square shows Sports Pools
Little Orange Squareshows neighborhood pools
Little Green Square shows ...you will see here.

Thank you Gracie for the map. I don't know why I have always thought all villages had a pool. That might have been information given to us when we had our lifestyle visit, several years ago. By reading this thread, I realize that information we were given was incorrect.

I guess not having a pool in their neighborhood is not important to some.