Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Rentals -- how do they work? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/rentals-how-do-they-work-302238/)

Suewolff 01-28-2020 09:53 AM

Rentals -- how do they work?

Hi! We are researching The Villages and plan to come for a week visit next January. We are still a couple years from retiring completely but are looking at places to snowbird from the Missouri winters :shocked: We plan on being active retirees and The Villages sound absolutely amazing!

I have been looking at the rentals in the classified section, but I'm not sure if I can actually FILTER down to rentals that would be for Jan-April period of the year. I realize this is PRIME TIME for people to be at their properties at The Villages, but is there a way of finding potential rental properties that are geared for snowbirders?? It is not our intent to purchase a house -- just snowbird each winter.

Any assistance/guidance is greatly appreciated! :ho:

Sue

Fredman 01-28-2020 10:56 AM

you better start researching now but i doubt anyone is willing to rent for one week in January since that is prime time.

John_W 01-28-2020 11:39 AM

Here are 1600 Villages Rentals all in one spot with photos and details.

VH4R Home Rentals in The Villages

For staying a week, why don't you use the Villages Lifestyle Visit Plan (LSV). It's normally 4 to 14 days, for $149 a night in the winter and $99 a night in the summer. You'll stay in an actual Villages courtyard villa (CYV), which will have all the necessities for the home and you'll even get the Villages Sun delivered to the driveway. In the garage will be two bicycles and a gas Yamaha Cart, although the cart is not the greatest. Currently they stay at Alden Bungalows which is right next to Brownwood Square. All the info is on The Villages (TV) website.

The Villages Lifestyle Preview Plan

bagboy 01-28-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1713510)

For staying a week, why don't you use the Villages Lifestyle Visit Plan (LSV). It's normally 4 to 14 days, for $149 a night in the winter and $99 a night in the summer. You'll stay in an actual Villages courtyard villa (CYV), which will have all the necessities for the home and you'll even get the Villages Sun delivered to the driveway. In the garage will be two bicycles and a gas Yamaha Cart, although the cart is not the greatest. Currently they stay at Alden Bungalows which is right next to Brownwood Square. All the info is on The Villages (TV) website.

Perfect advice. Lifestyle Visit through The Villages for the one week visit, then the the VH4R website to find a January through March or April winter rental. I suggest booking early. Good Luck !

Packer Fan 01-28-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1713510)

I totally agree- he is giving GREAT advice. Keep in mind that "mating season" for high season rentals is a year ahead of time. So in other words, if you want to rent 2021, you have to sign a lease in January of 2020. As part of that you pay HALF the rent up front, and the other half 2 months before you move in. It is not cheap either, but cheaper than owning, since you don't tie up capital and you don't have to worry about it the rest of the year.
To be honest, if you wanted a 2021 rental, you are really too late, you should have been doing it first week of January. After that it gets a lot harder, but not impossible.

January-April is very expensive and you have to grab quickly. The rest of the year is more reasonable, in fact I would suggest Oct to December as worderful months that are half the cost of high season without the crowds.

Back9 02-01-2020 08:38 PM

Try Airbnb, many host love to talk about The Villages while you're their guests.