Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Movies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/)
-   -   New movie about us. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/new-movie-about-us-302298/)

Markam 01-29-2020 10:28 PM

New movie about us.

"Some Kind of Heaven" is now being shown at the Sundance Festival.

EdFNJ 01-29-2020 10:40 PM

I can't wait. :D His preview makes me want to crawl under my bed and hide. It looks like it's going to be about what everyone who has NEVER actually been here thinks it is.

thomp679 01-29-2020 10:49 PM

manaboutown 01-30-2020 12:57 AM

I want to see it!

Mosells 01-30-2020 06:58 AM

You can weave a made for TV movie from the pages of the popular news website. With all it’s salacious stories and comments. Lot of material there.

Bay Kid 01-30-2020 07:07 AM

Hollywood. That's what Dad said about the movie "Perfect Storm". I'm sure this will be lots fluff.

Hollywood....

manaboutown 01-30-2020 10:00 AM

I wonder who funded it.

Linda Taranto 01-30-2020 10:07 AM

New Movie About Us

Can you tell me where and when I can see this film?

MrExcite721 01-30-2020 10:07 AM

Meet the Artist: Lance Oppenheim — 2020 Sundance Film Festival - YouTube

champion6 01-30-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1713996)
I wonder who funded it.

Los Angeles Media Fund (LAMF) is a leading entertainment and media company involved in producing and financing feature films, unscripted and scripted television, sports, music, theatre and live events.

graciegirl 01-30-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1713898)
I can't wait. :D His preview makes me want to crawl under my bed and hide. It looks like it's going to be about what everyone who has NEVER actually been here thinks it is.

I dunno. It sounds like it is a movie with a plot about real people. I HOPE they are typical real people and don't make us all look insipid and having dementia and wearing white shoes and having blue hair..

He does seem "surprised" we are so like him. He just turned 24. If we don't like it we can get together and make a movie about young people who spend most of their time in small offices in Manhattan.

Oh yes.

eweissenbach 01-30-2020 10:36 AM

I’ll go see it, sounds interesting.

manaboutown 01-30-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1714009)

He does seem "surprised" we are so like him. He just turned 24. If we don't like it we can get together and make a movie about young people who spend most of their time in small offices in Manhattan.

Oh yes.

I think they do it for those multimillion dollar yearly bonuses Wall Street firms give their productive employees!

EdFNJ 01-30-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1714009)
I dunno. It sounds like it is a movie with a plot about real people and it sounds pretty positive to me. I don't think he set out to make us all look insipid and having dementia and wearing white shoes and having blue hair..

Oh yes.

I saw them filming months ago and wondered what it was. Now I know. From the short "preview" it looks like the story of "old people at the twilight of their lives" seeking love, being pom-pom girls and driving golf carts under a lawn sprinkler. Looking closely at the old guy, yikes, in the very unflattering but intentional shadow, staring lovingly in his future mates eyes standing in the water makes me cringe because that is NOT what **I** see here in The Villages. Yea, it's a movie, I mean a "documentary" but it reinforces all the stereotype of The Villages (and other similar places). I'm sure not many people are going to see it because documentaries never do well in the theaters but I would like to see it in full.

theruizs 01-30-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1713898)

It looks like it will follow two individuals and one couple who are finding it difficult to fit in here. It is true that some people may find it hard to fit in, but I just hope they are clear that it is the exception rather than the rule.