Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Hacienda Hills Restaurant (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/hacienda-hills-restaurant-302397/)

chewy 02-01-2020 12:58 PM

Hacienda Hills Restaurant

It would be nice to see ANY update on the status of Hacienda Hills Restaurant. When people are not kept informed of such situations then they just make up their own "news" which can be inaccurate or even make the situation worse.

kaydee 02-01-2020 10:40 PM

Sure wish there was some positive news about HH. How can it continue to be closed up & ignored?

CWGUY 02-01-2020 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaydee (Post 1714843)
Sure wish there was some positive news about HH. How can it continue to be closed up & ignored?

Sure wish there was some positive news about HH.
Me too!

How can it continue to be closed up & ignored? - It's a privately owned business..... unless you own it you have no say in the matter.

starflyte1 02-02-2020 04:25 PM

I wish that there was an organized effort started to let the developer know that we want our club back. Petitions or something.

For those who don't live near Hacienda CC, and don't care, maybe you should. Yours could be next!

JSR22 02-02-2020 04:54 PM

Hacienda

I know people who own restaurants in TV. Hacienda is not in good shape. They need somebody who is willing to spend a lot of money to renovate. It is an old building with an old kitchen. I have not heard any news of it reopening.

Challenger 02-02-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starflyte1 (Post 1715039)
I wish that there was an organized effort started to let the developer know that we want our club back. Petitions or something.

For those who don't live near Hacienda CC, and don't care, maybe you should. Yours could be next!

if someone was sure that they could run a profitable establishment there, it would open tomorrow.

Two Bills 02-02-2020 06:54 PM

Someone told me that if any new owner charged $5 for a water and lemon, the restaurant would probably make a profit! :icon_wink:

Chatbrat 02-03-2020 06:55 AM

Again,nothing in TV 's is ours with the exception of your own home and if its not paid in full you have a partner--

stadry 02-03-2020 07:57 AM

is hh 1 of the country clubs ? new to tv
tnx

JSR22 02-03-2020 08:06 AM

Hacienda Hills restaurant closed last Spring. It is located adjacent to the Hacienda Hills Championship Golf Course

Mikee1 02-03-2020 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1715114)
Again,nothing in TV 's is ours with the exception of your own home and if its not paid in full you have a partner--

Even if it is paid for you still have a "partner" who will take it from you .... Try not paying the taxes and see who really owns the house.... chuckle.

collie1228 02-03-2020 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1715063)
Someone told me that if any new owner charged $5 for a water and lemon, the restaurant would probably make a profit! :icon_wink:

There is a lot of truth to this. I have often been in restaurants with several other people, and the majority ordered water with lemon. And we wonder why the restaurant business struggles in many markets?

Marathon Man 02-03-2020 08:20 AM

Has anyone considered forming a group of residents willing to invest in the club? By invest, I mean, supply the cash needed to purchase the building and perform any updates. Then they could hire a good restaurant operator. Each would get a share of the profit, and a share of the risk. It seems that no one else sees potential in HH. At least not enough to take the business risk.

jarodrig 02-03-2020 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chewy (Post 1714660)
It would be nice to see ANY update on the status of Hacienda Hills Restaurant. When people are not kept informed of such situations then they just make up their own "news" which can be inaccurate or even make the situation worse.

There’s been no update probably because there’s nothing to pass along .

Plenty of other restaurants to go to in and around TV with new ones opening all the time ......

starflyte1 02-03-2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Challenger (Post 1715054)
if someone was sure that they could run a profitable establishment there, it would open tomorrow.

From what I understand, directly from a restaurant owner, The Villages terms were not acceptable considering the condition of Hacienda.

It should be the developers responsibility to maintain the building.