Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Golf Cart Doors (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/golf-cart-doors-302447/)

kathysue 02-02-2020 06:49 PM

Golf Cart Doors

As I am new to this please be patience with me Tks. I have a 2016 Yamaha gas golf cart and I am looking for someone to install doors for me at my home. Being a single lady and living alone I have learned form experience about be taken advantage of. If anyone out there has any suggestions for me it would be well appreciated. Thank-You in advance

Two Bills 02-02-2020 07:13 PM

You really need to change your cart for one that is "doored" to start with.
I am no expert on golf carts,but I am sure it will be cheaper than a conversion, if it is even possible.

kathysue 02-02-2020 08:03 PM

Thank-You for your suggestion, anybody else out there with any more suggestions is well appreciated.

Aw Man 02-02-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathysue (Post 1715070)
Thank-You for your suggestion, anybody else out there with any more suggestions is well appreciated.

I suggest you call Willie's Golf Cart Service (352-255-1369) and explain what you need done. If he can't help you perhaps he can recommend someone else to contact.
I've dealt with him for 5 years and he seems to be a very kind and helpful person that's not in business just for the money.

Fredman 02-02-2020 08:39 PM

You need a hard sided enclosure which can’t be done at your home. You should call Carts and Clubs in Ocala. They will pick up ur cart and deliver it. Be prepared to pay around 2 k.

Blackie 02-02-2020 09:09 PM

Sleekline Enclosure | Roof & Door System for your Golf Cart

Contact Bob Schultz at (352) 552-5662

sdeikenberry 02-03-2020 05:35 AM

My suggestion is you talk to Sharon Starr at The Villages Golf Cart Store in Spanish Springs. Phone 352.750.3410 I know her personally and use her for my cart purchases. She's a very honest and capable salesperson who will give you straight answers as to cost, if it can be done, and the best route for you to go. She won't push you to buy a new cart. Using The Villages Golf Cart Store also may be a better option for you as a single lady. They take good care of their customers, if you become one.

Bridget Staunton 02-03-2020 06:54 AM

Carts & clubs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredman (Post 1715077)
You need a hard sided enclosure which can’t be done at your home. You should call Carts and Clubs in Ocala. They will pick up ur cart and deliver it. Be prepared to pay around 2 k.

We were very unhappy with their service even though we bought our cart from them. Sell what you have and buy what you want it’s the best decision

toddsmig 02-03-2020 08:08 AM

Another option to plastic doors

Doors can be noisy as they if they rattle around when driving. Also, do not get the doggie door option where a small bottom door can slide closed. People forget it is closed, trips them getting out, and they go face first out of the cart. Discount Golf Cart has a new Remote control motorized cloth enclosure system that goes up and down like window shades. It’s about 3k, but looks like a really great option over hard plastic doors.

StateRobinbird 02-03-2020 09:23 AM

Be sure to drive a cart with an enclosure before you make the final decision. I found that they felt "top heavy" and I didn't feel as secure when driving one. Just a thought...

bdescalzi 02-03-2020 09:26 AM

Door Works offers a Sunbrella type enclosure for under $600.00 that uses easy to install hinged doors while keeping your existing club cover in place. They are gaining in popularity here in TV. Check out their website. The kit can be ordered through Walmart or ordered direct.

bilcon 02-03-2020 09:30 AM

Golf Cart Enclosure

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathysue (Post 1715070)

Buying a new cart with an enclosure will cost about $9000+. Getting an enclosure put on your existing cart is about $3000+. Your choice.

genobambino 02-03-2020 09:35 AM

To me carts with doors are not worth the aggravation of having to put up with them, rattling and sticking out and hitting on things. You really only need the doors 5% of the time.

OhioBuckeye 02-03-2020 11:00 AM

Ohiobuckeye

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1715066)
You really need to change your cart for one that is "doored" to start with.
I am no expert on golf carts,but I am sure it will be cheaper than a conversion, if it is even possible.

I agree, if they want a cart with doors, they do make carts with doors. I think it's called Atomic golf carts. But I don't think this person would be ready to sell the Yamaha they already have. Personally I don't know why they would want doors anyway.

yankygrl 02-03-2020 12:49 PM

Doors for golf cart

I have 2 golf carts, both with doors and love them. Both carts are Yamaha's. The one has older type where you push out and forward to close the other one just slide front and back. We purchased both carts from TV golf cart store. Don't remember cost, one was "new" one was considered "used" even though it only had 100 miles on it.