Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What does the different colors of loofah mean or represent (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/what-does-different-colors-loofah-mean-represent-302636/)

ohiosbestus 02-08-2020 10:51 AM

What does the different colors of loofah mean or represent

When I drive around on my golf cart I see people with these different colored loofahs on their respective golf carts and even their cars. After seeing quite a few I am wandering if they have special meaning.

alwann 02-08-2020 11:16 AM

Loofah?

What's your definition of loofah? To me, it's a kind of sponge.

ohiosbestus 02-08-2020 11:32 AM

Yes it looks like a sponge that you use in your bathtub to lather your soap up with.

bagboy 02-08-2020 11:52 AM

People use them to spot their vehicles in parking lots. I know there are people that try to make them some symbol that they aren't. The color means that's the color they chose or had available.

Luv2Bretired 02-08-2020 12:02 PM

I have heard it indicates what type of LGBTQ they are or if they are swingers and so on which is probably just another Villages myth.

Boomer 02-08-2020 12:22 PM

Boomer as rumor-controller — or washer woman ;)

Oh my! Oh deah! Oh deah! I hope that rumor that went around here a decade or so ago is not back.

First, I will tell you what those loofahs really mean. AND THEN I will tell you what used to be said — but only if you promise not to believe that scandalous rumor:

Those loofahs are truly and merely to indicate where the car is parked.

I don’t have a loofah on my car. But as the owner of a white car with Florida plates, I can tell you that not paying perfect attention to where I had parked has caused me to end up pushing my grocery cart aimlessly through Publix parking lot, while trying to look confident — like I know whereinthehell I parked that Honda.

BUT somehow, somewhere, a long time ago, a rumor was started that said those loofah’d cars belonged to swingers, swappers, a key-party group. Not true. I have NEVER once seen anything unseemly in the backseats of those cars.

That salacious loofah rumor went around about the same time as the one that said to never wear red shoes while sitting at an outside bar in TV or people would think you were a hooker. (That rumor was so long ago that Brownwood had not even been built yet and LSL City Fire had a different name.)

All righty then, now, I have cleared all that up. Aren’t you glad you asked. :)

bagboy 02-08-2020 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2Bretired (Post 1716470)
I have heard it indicates what type of LGBTQ they are or if they are swingers and so on which is probably just another Villages myth.

It probably is just a myth.

Nucky 02-08-2020 03:39 PM

If it is a MYTH then why do the people with the Different Color Loofahs always blow thru Traffic Lights and why do every single one of them have a Smile On Their Face Like The Cat That Just Ate The Canary?

Each color means something, the question is What is the Code? Does Red or Blue or Green mean anything? Somebody had to know!

Most people would need to be extricated by the Jaws Of Life if they tried to do in the backseat what their memory reminds them of what they could once do. Forgetting where your car is can also be solved by using the unlock mechanism on your keyring.

Come on give us the code!! Someone has it.

I heard the dark color Loofah is a Weight Watchers Signal cause it reminds the driver of Milk Chocolate! :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Rapscallion St Croix 02-08-2020 06:28 PM

I use a loofah color combo that indicates that I was born with a tooth, have the same number of Tour de France wins as Lance Armstrong, do not like soft boiled eggs, occasionally use a foot wedge, and belong to a group dedicated to translating Shakespeare into Ebonics.

Two Bills 02-08-2020 07:08 PM

I thought they were people coming back from the swimming pool.
But wife swapping clubs sounds better, and more exiting.
Quite a lot of pink ones around as well!

Fastskiguy 02-09-2020 05:57 AM

Well if the loofas don't mean swappers/swingers/whatever then it begs the question.....??

vinricci 02-09-2020 06:28 AM

There’s a solution for finding your vehicle without loofahs. Download the App called “anchor point” Let’s you store your location when you park.

CFrance 02-09-2020 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastskiguy (Post 1716618)
Well if the loofas don't mean swappers/swingers/whatever then it begs the question.....??

The answer to which is How to find your car.
I wish my car had a loofah-able roof rack. I never accept Publix's offer to take my groceries out because I can never remember where I parked.

LarryParnelli@gmail.com 02-09-2020 07:04 AM

So, where do the girls with the red shoes hangout? Inquiring minds want to know.

sktb888 02-09-2020 07:05 AM

Hilarious! TY 😆