Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Ocala Country Club (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/ocala-country-club-302721/)

dewilson58 02-11-2020 08:23 AM

Ocala Country Club

Golfed at OCC last week.

Really nice condition.

Afternoon rate was really cheap.

At lunch, we talked to a couple of Villagers that gave up their priority golf in TV and joined OCC. I thought it was interesting........drive +60 minutes to play on one course, three times per week. They say they are enjoying it.

tophcfa 02-11-2020 09:45 AM

Interesting, thanks for the information. Just wondering, what was the PM rate and about how long did it take to get there? Do you have to go through what feels like about 100 traffic lights on 301, or is there a better way to get there?

My wife and I played Stonecrest the other day. We were able to get there via our golf cart by going through the gate in the Historic District. PM rate was $35, the course was not very busy, and it was a very interesting layout with some difficult holes. Unfortunately, the condition of the course was not very good compared to the Championship courses in the Villages. We were glad we gave it a try and it was an interest experience, but I doubt we will be going back.

dewilson58 02-11-2020 09:57 AM

Rates???.................Not sure. "They said", $500 per month, unlimited golf, no green fees.

I have not verified, I'm not sure about a buy-in cost.

There is a National Membership, which is defined at more than 15 miles away.

The club went thru nasty times and was sold. The new owners are keeping the place nice.

Routes???................this is a route up 75.

tophcfa 02-11-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1717200)
Rates???.................Not sure. "They said", $500 per month, unlimited golf, no green fees.

I have not verified, I'm not sure about a buy-in cost.

There is a National Membership, which is defined at more than 15 miles away.

The club went thru nasty times and was sold. The new owners are keeping the place nice.

Routes???................this is a route up 75.

Not the rate to become a member, what did it cost you per person to play as a guest?

dewilson58 02-11-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1717212)
Not the rate to become a member, what did it cost you per person to play as a guest?

Oh, sorry.

Give them a call..............I can't tell you or I'd have to shoot you..................I know someone, who knows someone, who knows the Pro and he pretty much gave the tee times away for us.

There was another two-some at the bar when we were eating lunch. They had "a red card", so they rec'd a limited menu. I assume they were there with some kind of package deal.

Lunch was good.

anothersteve 02-11-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1717149)
Golfed at OCC last week.

Really nice condition.

At lunch, we talked to a couple of Villagers that gave up their priority golf in TV and joined OCC. I thought it was interesting........drive +60 minutes to play on one course, three times per week. They say they are enjoying it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1717200)

For 500 a month, that's good for them but I need variety
Steve

dewilson58 02-11-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothersteve (Post 1717229)
For 500 a month, that's good for them but I need variety
Steve

me 2

and

love driving off the course in my cart and driving home.

swooner 02-12-2020 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1717149)
Golfed at OCC last week.

Really nice condition.

This post is misleading. The Country Club of Ocala is a strictly private club. Believe this post is referring to Ocala Golf Club which is a far cry from CC of Ocala.

dewilson58 02-12-2020 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swooner (Post 1717380)
This post is misleading. The Country Club of Ocala is a strictly private club. Believe this post is referring to Ocala Golf Club which is a far cry from CC of Ocala.

Wrong.

Not misleading anyone.

I golfed at and am talking about Country Club of Ocala.

:ho:

rjn5656 02-12-2020 07:51 AM

CHeck the papers. They have ads all the time. Last year I paid 45-50. Very nice layout. Never crowded during the week.

swooner 02-12-2020 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=dewilson58;1717383]

Wrong.

Not misleading anyone.

Wow! What member invited you to play at the CC of Ocala? Answer, no one did because that's not where you played. CC of Ocala is a members only private club. You must be a member or the guest of one to play there. They don't take outside tee times and certainly don't accept greens fees players. Do a little bit of research before you start telling others they are WRONG!

jnkaufmann 02-12-2020 09:53 AM

[QUOTE=swooner;1717447]
Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1717383)

Wrong.

Not misleading anyone.

Wow! What member invited you to play at the CC of Ocala? Answer, no one did because that's not where you played. CC of Ocala is a members only private club. You must be a member or the guest of one to play there. They don't take outside tee times and certainly don't accept greens fees players. Do a little bit of research before you start telling others they are WRONG!

CC of Ocala now run by Hampton Golf. Played there last year with 20 golfers from the Villages as well as another couple. Call them to check tee times for non-members. Assume they still allow it this year.

pjwenz 02-12-2020 10:10 AM

The CC of Ocala

I played THE COUNTRY CLUB OF OCALA last week. Called them on a Tuesday and got a tee time on that Friday at 10:00 am. I asked for a “member for the day pass”, the rate was $59.00, which included cart, range balls, and a limited menu for lunch. Course was in fair shape, but is a great layout. Course was easy to get to, right up 301, on the south end of Ocala.

dewilson58 02-12-2020 12:54 PM

[QUOTE=swooner;1717447]
Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1717383)

Wrong.

Not misleading anyone.

You really have that much of an issue in life?????

I played CCofO without a member.

Sorry you don't have the facts.

Have a nice day, somehow.

dewilson58 02-12-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjwenz (Post 1717464)
I played THE COUNTRY CLUB OF OCALA last week. Called them on a Tuesday and got a tee time on that Friday at 10:00 am. I asked for a “member for the day pass”, the rate was $59.00, which included cart, range balls, and a limited menu for lunch. Course was in fair shape, but is a great layout. Course was easy to get to, right up 301, on the south end of Ocala.

Thank you for your post.

Did you have a little red card for lunch??