Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Cody's At Mulberry (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/codys-mulberry-302876/)

PJOHNS2654 02-17-2020 06:54 AM

Cody's At Mulberry

We entered at about 6:30 last night. Surprised that they were not very busy.:mmmm: Sign said they were out of Hamburgers, really. We were ready to dine there anyway. When Hostess arrived to seat us she told us they were out of approximately a dozen other menu item which she named.

What kind of Management?

We went elsewhere.

golfing eagles 02-17-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJOHNS2654 (Post 1718723)
We entered at about 6:30 last night. Surprised that they were not very busy.:mmmm: Sign said they were out of Hamburgers, really. We were ready to dine there anyway. When Hostess arrived to seat us she told us they were out of approximately a dozen other menu item which she named.

What kind of Management?

We went elsewhere.

Poor????
Incompetent???:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Plenty of other restaurants in TV

Michael Charles 02-17-2020 07:14 AM

Makes me think/wonder if that location might simply close overnight.

Does anyone know for certain how long that location has been open?

Chatbrat 02-17-2020 07:22 AM

I've mentioned this incident in the past, but it should be repeated--A gentleman I know can walk to that Cody's--he went there when it first opened--his companion ordered a slab of ribs, the ribs slid off the plate & landed on the floor--the waitress put it back on the plated & tried to serve it--they walked out & have never returned--looks like mgt is still as lousy as ever

John_W 02-17-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Charles (Post 1718741)
Makes me think/wonder if that location might simply close overnight.

Does anyone know for certain how long that location has been open?

It probably opened in 2018? I remember going to the VA and seeing the construction, it wasn't that long ago.

leftyf 02-17-2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

What kind of Management?

We went elsewhere.

Why they weren't busy, no food

Michael Charles 02-17-2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1718814)
It probably opened in 2018? I remember going to the VA and seeing the construction, it wasn't that long ago.

Thanks, we live waaaay down south and haven't been up that far north to eat, ever.

Kahuna32162 02-17-2020 02:18 PM

Because we live close, we stop by every now and then at Cody's in Mulberry. We have had many more BAD experiences than good. Management is a revolving door and the attention to any level of customer service is below poor.

Giorgiohazzis1948 02-18-2020 08:11 AM

Quote:

What kind of Management?

We went elsewhere.

Where’s the Beef!!!!!

Dave2000 02-18-2020 08:13 AM

Never seen the fascination of Cody's, I mean a steel bowl of salad with no choice of dressing to share with others give me a break.

RosemarySoso 02-18-2020 08:23 AM

You must hear about our experience at Cody’s Mulberry. We live nearby so sometimes it’s just easier. Last time we went, the gal that seated us took our drink order. She wrote it ON HER HAND!!! After at least 10 to 15 minutes and still no drinks, we were told her shift was over and she left!! Kind of amazing!!

Davelinda91 02-18-2020 08:28 AM

All Cody’s in TV should be closed and cleaned. The amount of dust and grime on the ceiling is unbelievable for a food establishment. The drink specials are less than a full pour so you’re not really getting anything special!

PoolBrews 02-18-2020 08:28 AM

The prime attraction of Cody's is that it has a reasonable number of beers on tap, decent entertainment most evenings, and OK food with OK prices. I live less than 1/2 mile from the new Mulberry location. I used to go to Lake Sumter regularly, and was always served in a reasonable time.

The Mulberry location seems to have a hard time finding good management and good staff. Service generally ranges from mediocre to absolutely horrible. I don't understand how the other Cody's don't seem to have these issues, but it's been constant at Mulberry. As I stated - it's 1/2 mile away, and we don't frequent the restaurant. The dining experience is generally horrible.

We do go occasionally when they have a good singer... but that's it.

OhioBuckeye 02-18-2020 10:41 AM

Ohiobuckeye

Quote:

What kind of Management?

We went elsewhere.

Oh man, that's terrible! Of course I've only been to the Mulberry Cody's one time & was OK. I started going to the Cody's in Sumter Landing because they were the only one that had a meal that I liked. The one in Brownwood was just OK, but didn't have a very big selection. They won't be in business very long if that continues! Give them another try & if they have the same problem don't go again! Sorry to hear that thou.

waverly51 02-18-2020 11:00 AM

About two years

427dave 02-19-2020 12:10 PM

We live near by the Mulberry Cody's and go there quite often. The biggest problem we have is getting waited on. They have seated us and no one ever comes to our table to even get a drink order, we usually have to stop someone and they always tell us we are not their table, we usually end up with a manager waiting on us. The manager tells us a new person is assigned as waiter for our table and they will take care of it. Eventually we get waited on.

waynet 02-19-2020 12:44 PM

went once, never again/ By far the worse place I've been to.

Bospofan 02-19-2020 01:07 PM

Always a bad experience at Mulberry Cody's. Food never cooked correctly, service horrible, very slow, you wait forever for your food and drinks and the food is always cold. This happens every time. I live within minutes of this location and never go anymore. Three torturous experiences are enough. The one at LS is much better.... or it used to be.

Mleeja 02-19-2020 06:43 PM

I have only been to this Cody’s once. It was just an OK experience. We are about the same distance between this location and the LSL location. The last trip to the LSL location was just ok as well. It is a shame the Mulberry location is not better. The folks up on the north end deserve more choices.

Skip 02-19-2020 06:52 PM

Going, going...

According to The Villages Gourmet Club (Website)
Cody's Lake Sumter Landing opened 10/26/09.
Cody's Brownwood opened 9/22/14.
Cody's Mulberry Grove opened 12/26/17.
All the same owners.

Today, food ordering in large restaurants is automatic at the POS. Sell 122 hamburgers this week and your stock of hamburger meat (and buns) gets replenished in the next delivery so you never run out. Stop paying your food bill and your distributor shuts you off. Thus no hamburgers today. Tomorrow there may be no strip steaks too. Restaurants can't go to Publix and buy retail. It must be through a distributor. Same goes for liquor. Order a Grey Goose Martini and they tell you they're out of Grey Goose - that's a sign they may not be paying their liquor bill. And they can't buy alcohol at a retail store to replenish their stock. It's against state law.

My guess is: Mulberry Grove Cody's is going under soon unless the owners fix a problem.

Skip

Two Bills 02-19-2020 07:52 PM

Eat at home!

kathyspear 02-19-2020 08:10 PM

Had dinner there tonight because we had something to do out that way. More crowded than usual but it is high season and Wed. is BOGO Fajita day! They have a sign out front saying they have openings for multiple positions.

Service was fine. Our food was fine. This is not always the case but no complaints tonight.

kathy

Skip 02-24-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyspear (Post 1719639)
a sign out front saying they have openings for multiple positions.
kathy

Another sign things are going down hill. [Employees quitting.]

Skip

Paddygirl 02-24-2020 01:42 PM

I'm usually very disappointed there That being said, I go a couple of times a month to hear Mike Abbott entertainment.
Went Friday night.
The SERVICE was excellent!
The FOOD was great.
I was stunned.....maybe things are starting to turn around! Fingers crossed.

Kahuna32162 02-24-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddygirl (Post 1721043)
I'm usually very disappointed there That being said, I go a couple of times a month to hear Mike Abbott entertainment.
Went Friday night.
The SERVICE was excellent!
The FOOD was great.
I was stunned.....maybe things are starting to turn around! Fingers crossed.

That's until next week's manager takes over. We only sit at the bar when we go there, at least a bartender is usually within earshot.

xcaligirl 02-24-2020 03:34 PM

too long! It was bad about a month after it opened! We tried it twice and that was 2 times too many. The service, food, quality... all bad!!! There was a manager on site when it first opened and then he (or the owner) disappeared. The service might be the worst I've seen in the Villages

Fast Freddy 02-24-2020 04:40 PM

Last time we went to Cody's Mulberry was bartender lady's first night, management left her alone, no one to help! Can you imagine the entire bar and restaurant drinks! Wonder she didn't walk right out. Just learning the registrar is a job by it self.

427dave 03-03-2020 04:29 PM

Just saw in the Villages news they have a new manager for all 3 Cody's (I think) Maybe things will get better. We went to the test night opening of the place and it was December 2018, opened to all New Years 2019

bagboy 03-03-2020 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 427dave (Post 1723855)
Just saw in the Villages news they have a new manager for all 3 Cody's (I think) Maybe things will get better. We went to the test night opening of the place and it was December 2018, opened to all New Years 2019

In my humble opinion, the three local Codys have had two glaring problems. The first being a managing partner that got in way over his head trying to deal with multiple locations. He just announced his retirement. Their second and biggest problem has been a fast talking, slick but inferior area manager that has overseen day to day ops, and has let service and cleanliness deteriorate to the point of serious health department violations under his watch. He has just been promoted to run the entire operation. No, he isn't a new manager.

Skip 03-03-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 427dave (Post 1723855)
We went to the test night opening of the place and it was December 2018, opened to all New Years 2019

C.O.R. Mulberry got their Liquor License and Food Inspection on 12/14/17, 12 days before they officially opened (12/26/17). They've been open overTWO years now.

Skip