Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Cody's At Mulberry (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/codys-mulberry-302876/)

PJOHNS2654 02-17-2020 06:54 AM

Cody's At Mulberry

We entered at about 6:30 last night. Surprised that they were not very busy.:mmmm: Sign said they were out of Hamburgers, really. We were ready to dine there anyway. When Hostess arrived to seat us she told us they were out of approximately a dozen other menu item which she named.

What kind of Management?

We went elsewhere.

golfing eagles 02-17-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJOHNS2654 (Post 1718723)
We entered at about 6:30 last night. Surprised that they were not very busy.:mmmm: Sign said they were out of Hamburgers, really. We were ready to dine there anyway. When Hostess arrived to seat us she told us they were out of approximately a dozen other menu item which she named.

What kind of Management?

We went elsewhere.

Poor????
Incompetent???:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Plenty of other restaurants in TV

Michael Charles 02-17-2020 07:14 AM

Makes me think/wonder if that location might simply close overnight.

Does anyone know for certain how long that location has been open?

Chatbrat 02-17-2020 07:22 AM

I've mentioned this incident in the past, but it should be repeated--A gentleman I know can walk to that Cody's--he went there when it first opened--his companion ordered a slab of ribs, the ribs slid off the plate & landed on the floor--the waitress put it back on the plated & tried to serve it--they walked out & have never returned--looks like mgt is still as lousy as ever

John_W 02-17-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Charles (Post 1718741)
Makes me think/wonder if that location might simply close overnight.

Does anyone know for certain how long that location has been open?

It probably opened in 2018? I remember going to the VA and seeing the construction, it wasn't that long ago.

leftyf 02-17-2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

What kind of Management?

We went elsewhere.

Why they weren't busy, no food

Michael Charles 02-17-2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1718814)
It probably opened in 2018? I remember going to the VA and seeing the construction, it wasn't that long ago.

Thanks, we live waaaay down south and haven't been up that far north to eat, ever.

Kahuna32162 02-17-2020 02:18 PM

Because we live close, we stop by every now and then at Cody's in Mulberry. We have had many more BAD experiences than good. Management is a revolving door and the attention to any level of customer service is below poor.

Giorgiohazzis1948 02-18-2020 08:11 AM

Quote:

What kind of Management?

We went elsewhere.

Where’s the Beef!!!!!

Dave2000 02-18-2020 08:13 AM

Never seen the fascination of Cody's, I mean a steel bowl of salad with no choice of dressing to share with others give me a break.

RosemarySoso 02-18-2020 08:23 AM

You must hear about our experience at Cody’s Mulberry. We live nearby so sometimes it’s just easier. Last time we went, the gal that seated us took our drink order. She wrote it ON HER HAND!!! After at least 10 to 15 minutes and still no drinks, we were told her shift was over and she left!! Kind of amazing!!

Davelinda91 02-18-2020 08:28 AM

All Cody’s in TV should be closed and cleaned. The amount of dust and grime on the ceiling is unbelievable for a food establishment. The drink specials are less than a full pour so you’re not really getting anything special!

PoolBrews 02-18-2020 08:28 AM

The prime attraction of Cody's is that it has a reasonable number of beers on tap, decent entertainment most evenings, and OK food with OK prices. I live less than 1/2 mile from the new Mulberry location. I used to go to Lake Sumter regularly, and was always served in a reasonable time.

The Mulberry location seems to have a hard time finding good management and good staff. Service generally ranges from mediocre to absolutely horrible. I don't understand how the other Cody's don't seem to have these issues, but it's been constant at Mulberry. As I stated - it's 1/2 mile away, and we don't frequent the restaurant. The dining experience is generally horrible.

We do go occasionally when they have a good singer... but that's it.

OhioBuckeye 02-18-2020 10:41 AM

Ohiobuckeye

Quote:

What kind of Management?

We went elsewhere.

Oh man, that's terrible! Of course I've only been to the Mulberry Cody's one time & was OK. I started going to the Cody's in Sumter Landing because they were the only one that had a meal that I liked. The one in Brownwood was just OK, but didn't have a very big selection. They won't be in business very long if that continues! Give them another try & if they have the same problem don't go again! Sorry to hear that thou.

waverly51 02-18-2020 11:00 AM

About two years