Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Aspen Dental (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/aspen-dental-302905/)

mixsonci 02-17-2020 07:39 PM

Aspen Dental

I need a new dentist, the one I go to now, is one of those that try to up-sell procedures you don't need. I fell for it once and now I'm having a lot of problems with the tooth they "fixed"? Never had a problem before -- fool me once, right!

Anyway, I was thinking of trying Aspen Dental. Please give me your experiences and recommendations, good or bad, please.

Thank you.

Fredman 02-17-2020 08:09 PM

My son went there and according to him they are the up sell artists

John_W 02-17-2020 09:51 PM

When you go to Aspen, you will be introduced to the finance manager before the dentist. He has to know how much you can afford before he looks at your mouth. It's a national franchise.

NotGolfer 02-18-2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixsonci (Post 1718965)
I need a new dentist, the one I go to now, is one of those that try to up-sell procedures you don't need. I fell for it once and now I'm having a lot of problems with the tooth they "fixed"? Never had a problem before -- fool me once, right!

Anyway, I was thinking of trying Aspen Dental. Please give me your experiences and recommendations, good or bad, please.

Thank you.

I've not used Aspen Dental but there have been many negative threads on here re: them. I'd stay away because of those. As someone else said---they're a national franchise.

jacksonbrown 02-18-2020 08:09 AM

Years back, my Medicare Advantage sales person "suggested" that I use AD for my dental cleanings, which were included with the MA plan.

I made the appointment, arrived at the scheduled time and was promptly ushered to an examination room. The dental tech began a

Periodontal Exam - Periodontal Probing

Upon completion, I waited 1/2 hour to see a dentist who recommended that I have my gums treated for disease. And, the treatment would be described at checkout.

Checkout consisted of consultation by their finance person, presenting me with a multi-thousand dollar treatment plan.

When asked about the cleaning, her comment was that the cleaning would happily be scheduled after treatment for my gum disease.

I got up and left, without responding.

valuemkt 02-18-2020 09:04 AM

dentists

Similar experience at grand traverse .. wouldnt do the cleaning. wasted more than two hours. I'm still searching. Most of the recommended dentists here and on nextdoor arent taking new patients, which includes leesburg. May have to start searching in Ocala or Gainesville

saratogaman 02-18-2020 09:19 AM

Heritage Dental -- on side road by RaceTrac gas station. No-nonsense, competent. Do not take dental insurance but will file for you to get reimbursement from your plan.

mixsonci 02-18-2020 10:31 AM

Thank you, that's what I kind of thought, but thought I'd check just in case

ts12755 02-19-2020 06:34 AM

Stay away... Upsell also... Go to a real practice not a chain.

Dave2000 02-19-2020 06:36 AM

I go to Affordable Denatures in Leesburg, they do what you need with out all the hub, hub at affordable price.

ColdNoMore 02-19-2020 06:41 AM

I swear that Aspen Dental and Tire Choice at Colony...must be owned by the same person.

Which IMHO...says it all.
:ohdear:

Bowtorc 02-19-2020 06:56 AM

Had to go to Attorney General's office to get billing dispute resolved. RUN!!!

angellmccann@yahoo.com 02-19-2020 07:29 AM

Do not use Aspen Dental.

carol805 02-19-2020 07:45 AM

Go to a practice owned by the dentists themselves. Marion Dental is one. They are on 441 just north of hospital and have 5 dentists.

Bethwill 02-19-2020 07:48 AM

Apen Dental has the exact same reputation you described. At least in PA.