Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Crowns and Possibly Other Major Dental Needs - Recommendations Please (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/crowns-possibly-other-major-dental-needs-recommendations-please-302908/)

Polar Bear 02-17-2020 10:19 PM

Crowns and Possibly Other Major Dental Needs - Recommendations Please

Looking for recommendations for (or even against) dentists in the area. Some crowns and possibly other major dental work may be needed.

Thanks.

Chatbrat 02-18-2020 01:50 AM

When I first moved toTV, used Village Dental, Dr. Michael Hard-had all my teeth capped with crowns--expensive- 6-9 yrs later several of them failed & have had implants by Village Periodontal-Dr. Dennis Davis-who does all my maintenance--Village Dental can get very creative cost wise--stopped using them when they did a procedure & told me the cost afterwards

Toymeister 02-18-2020 03:52 AM

I know this reply does not exactly meet the OPs, however, I recommend Costa Rica for Dental work. Crowns 500-800 in total, no extra fees. Non stop flight from Orlando.

riknsan 02-18-2020 06:19 AM

Dr.Ed Farrell , Village Dental. Had major crown work done in 2012. Great job. No problems 8 years later.

johnfarr 02-18-2020 06:30 AM

Palm Ridge Dental, Dr. Kathleen Williams. 11938 CR 101, Suite 110, The Villages, FL 32162, Cosmetic Dentistry, Dental Practice, Dentists | The Villages, FL

Honest, fair prices.

Tel: 1-352-391-9930

PennBF 02-18-2020 08:52 AM

Dr. Shorr Palm Ridge Dental

Palm Ridge is the "Perfect Dental Office". The Dentist's are great, I happen to like Dr Shorr as he is an older retired DDS who only works on Monday and Friday but is well worth waiting for. My wife goes to Dr. Williams who is also a great Dentist. In addition all of their "Dental Assistants" are highly qualified and just lend more of a wonderful professionalism to the practice. I originally was going to another Dentist who practiced in the general area and it was not good. Will not go into detail but for me to change Dentists takes a near disaster.The change reached a must because of experiences. Wife suggested Palm Ridge Dental and I followed her suggestion and it was one of the best moves I have ever made. I don't want to leave out the office staff as they are what you would want in a great Office. My recommendation is not based on any personal connection to the practice. It is just a recognition of a great Dental office. :popcorn:

JoMar 02-18-2020 01:30 PM

Dr. Timothy Pruitt, Lakeview Dentistry, 15820 Dora Ave, Suite A, Tavares FL 32778. (352) 589-5660. Non-Villages pricing :)

queenpalmgirl 02-18-2020 11:43 PM

Palm Ridge Dental/Dr. Shorr

My husband and I are patients of Dr. Shorr. We highly recommend him and his expertise.

sdeikenberry 02-19-2020 05:34 AM

We use Serenity Dentistry in Spanish Springs. Very nice office and staff. They don't push you into work just to make money, and the office atmosphere is calm and relaxing.

villageuser 02-19-2020 05:45 AM

Dental Recommendations

I highly recommend Dr. Pruitt in Tavares - - well worth the trip, the entire staff and doctor definitely understand professionalism and great customer service, and the view is beautiful - - but also Wadsworth Dentistry in Summerfield. To give you some background, my parents and I started with Wadsworth Dentistry about 8 years ago based on countless recommendations I received from customers at the store where I worked, but when my mom went to live at an AL in Tavares, we were extremely lucky to have found Dr. Pruitt for her.

jedalton 02-19-2020 06:06 AM

Dr Tatro http://www.tatrodental.com/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1718992)
Looking for recommendations for (or even against) dentists in the area. Some crowns and possibly other major dental work may be needed.

Thanks.

I have been using Dr Tatro in Leesburg for last 2 years and he and staff are wonderful. He accepts Delta Dental.
Tried several in TV and they all wanted to do was nothing but up sell you services that were not covered by my insurance. Very sad.

- Tatro Dental - Leesburg FL

csricksdds1 02-19-2020 06:56 AM

I am a retired Dentist (and Boarded Anesthesiologist). I use Dr. Hall at Village Dental for ongoing care. He is a great dentist who holds a Master's degree from the Academy of General Dentistry (among other honors). He has replaced several aged crowns for me along with an implant or two...he is meticulous and very particular about crown margins (the most important aspect of a crown). Yes, Village Dental is expensive which might come under the adage that "you get what you pay for"??

Charles S. Ricks, D.D.S.
NDBA, FACD

alncon2 02-19-2020 06:58 AM

Quote:

Thanks.

Dr. Kenneth Cohrn, Heritage Dental. Does excellent work, fairly priced and no attempt to upcharge.

toeser 02-19-2020 07:40 AM

Best dentist I have ever had

Quote:

Thanks.

Eddie C. Orobitg, D,M,D,
602 Lee Street, Leesburg
352-787-5919

He specializes in implants. He won't be the cheapest you can find, because he does not use Chinese products or cut corners. I expect his work will outlast me.

Marykschulz 02-19-2020 07:45 AM

I have had problems with my new crown from Southern Trace Dental, Dr. Lesh. I love the hygienist there but do not recommend this office for other dental work.