Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Deans or Masseys for lawn fertilizing and pest control? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/deans-masseys-lawn-fertilizing-pest-control-303006/)

Velvet 02-20-2020 04:41 PM

Deans or Masseys for lawn fertilizing and pest control?

Massey has been fertilizing my flower beds and grass since the house was built 2007. One short palm tree has died this year and several small bushes of flowers are dead. Empty Nest carefully sets the irrigation to conditions every week. I don’t know what to think. Deans seems to give me different prices for the same (termite) service and now I feel confused.

If you have used these companies, please advise me.

Bogie Shooter 02-20-2020 05:00 PM

I fired Massey and hired KB Lawn four years ago.

retiredguy123 02-20-2020 05:23 PM

I have had Massey for lawn fertilizing, pest control, and termites for 4 years. I think they are a good, reliable company. I would have hired Dean's, but their policy to require a credit card on file for them to charge at will is a deal breaker for me, and they are totally inflexible on that policy. The builder used to hire KB to install the new house sprinkler systems, but they fired them. My one experience with KB to demonstrate my new sprinkler system under warranty was a complete disaster. The guy they sent was about as rude as anyone could be. So, I won't do any business with them.

Villageswimmer 02-20-2020 05:30 PM

We fired Deans for lawncare because they did a horrible job. We kept them for pest control because they did a fabulous job getting rid of ghost ants, which required six trips. YMMV.

JoMar 02-20-2020 07:45 PM

Won't use either of them....there are other good providers, GreenSmith is one, Orkin is another.

valuemkt 02-20-2020 08:28 PM

Below 44 i hired Falcon. Above 44 Landsculpture

bandsdavis 02-20-2020 08:50 PM

Have had Deans for 5+ years. Very happy with thier service and their customer service is excellent and very responsive.

skyking 02-20-2020 08:57 PM

I've used both Dean's and Massey. Neither did a good job. I put down granular fertilizer myself and the lawn looks great.

BernieJr 02-20-2020 08:58 PM

Superior Services
1-800-PestControl
Ask for Mitch
Been in The Villages 25 years!

big guy 02-20-2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1719873)
Massey has been fertilizing my flower beds and grass since the house was built 2007. One short palm tree has died this year and several small bushes of flowers are dead. Empty Nest carefully sets the irrigation to conditions every week. I don’t know what to think. Deans seems to give me different prices for the same (termite) service and now I feel confused.

If you have used these companies, please advise me.

Massey and Dean's are 2 of the best, not always perfect but they try. Massey's always attend extension programs concerning turfgrass. Dean's comes into the urban horticulturalist's office with questions and samples. No others do that.

We use Massey and have for 10 years. They are reasonable people. If I have a problem, I call a supervisor. He or she comes out, takes a look and we discuss a resolution.

sdeikenberry 02-21-2020 05:52 AM

Don't care for Massey. When we first moved here Massey came around and was pushy about getting our business because they serviced the previous owner. I decided to go with Florida Pest and have been happy with them for seven years now. However, we have no grass...stones...so they only care for pests and plants.

lorilorilori 02-21-2020 06:01 AM

Just say NO to Massey. Great salesman. Lousy if you have a problem.

Annie66 02-21-2020 06:11 AM

We use Superior Services of Central Florida for the past 3 years . Very happy with them.

Lyn Wagner 02-21-2020 06:34 AM

grass

We use Bates. Very happy.

GaryKoca 02-21-2020 06:41 AM

Deans or Massey

I prefer Massey because they spray for termites inside the house, which Deans does not do. I have another company do the grass cutting and bush/tree trimming, and picking weeks, however. Local guy who does a better job.