Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Eating out more or less since you moved to TV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/eating-out-more-less-since-you-moved-tv-303069/)

Chatbrat 02-22-2020 01:21 PM

Eating out more or less since you moved to TV

We're down to eating out approx once every two weeks since we moved to TV 9 1/2 yrs ago

Decided its too boring what most of the restaurants have as their menu items--all the same cookie cutter items

Made Veal Milanese @ home the other evening--we looked @ each other & said best Italian food we had since we moved here, better cocktails & wine too !

Sealed the deal --Admiral doesn't eat fish-we're no down to two places to eat out Bamboo Bistro & Blufin

Wondering if others are eating out less & less after the a few years here ?

karostay 02-22-2020 01:34 PM

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Bjeanj 02-22-2020 01:37 PM

We rarely ate out while we were working. We probably average eating out 2x/ week now. When we do, I’m not looking for gourmet food, just food that a) I don’t have to fix, and b) food that tastes as good or better than I can cook. My needs are simple.

I’m thinking 3x/ week would be just about right for me.

asianthree 02-22-2020 01:38 PM

When we arrive from the north, we eat out 3 or 4 times a week, until we get house in order. That takes about a week. After that we may eat out once or twice a month.

We make all of our meals, it’s not about cost of eating out. It’s quality, never a disappointment at home. Plus enjoying a great bottle of wine for a fraction of the cost

Well there was the one time, my beef Wellington was good, but not perfect.

ColdNoMore 02-22-2020 01:38 PM

Eating out less.

Particularly since I found out that even in this "gated" community...food delivery is pretty easy.
:D

JSR22 02-22-2020 02:24 PM

We eat dinner out 3 to 4 times a week and the same for lunch. Neither of us eat breakfast. Same amount as when we moved here 7 years ago.

Velvet 02-22-2020 02:37 PM

We tried eating out while visiting over the years. But since we moved in, the only time we eat out is if we are shopping and have no time to go home.

Madelaine Amee 02-22-2020 05:09 PM

Eat out less. Usually only when we have company and they want to visit the Squares. But, I do like to go out for Mexican for late lunch.

Nucky 02-22-2020 05:47 PM

We went berserk when we got here and continued that way for about 2 years. Eating out constantly lost it’s thrill.

I would say Twice a week is average now for Eating on The Road! Eating at home or bringing a meal to someone who would enjoy some company and a meal they don’t have to struggle to cook is way better than poke and hope for a good meal.

We Prefer Bluefin or Any Mexican Restaurant.

Topspinmo 02-22-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1720472)
We're down to eating out approx once every two weeks since we moved to TV 9 1/2 yrs ago

Decided its too boring what most of the restaurants have as their menu items--all the same cookie cutter items

Made Veal Milanese @ home the other evening--we looked @ each other & said best Italian food we had since we moved here, better cocktails & wine too !

Sealed the deal --Admiral doesn't eat fish-we're no down to two places to eat out Bamboo Bistro & Blufin

Wondering if others are eating out less & less after the a few years here ?

Yes, find very few restaurants worth returning to.

valuemkt 02-22-2020 09:25 PM

Way more

JudyLife 02-23-2020 05:16 AM

It’s hit & miss for us. The last 4 years that we’ve been coming here we found the cost rising for sure. I love to cook so we tend to eat home more but do enjoy a big breakfast out. We like Meza Luna for Italian, and it’s very close to us, Mallory CC when I can’t be bothered to cook. Simple food but very nice & friendly service & again very near to us.

GOLFER54 02-23-2020 05:36 AM

Between the long waiting times to be seated at the restaurant, the slow service at times, the small portions, the ridiculous prices,the reports of unsanitary conditions of some restaurants, in some places the noise, the price of drinks, eating home takes some organization and work, cleaning up etc.... but there is nothing better than a home cooked meal. My wife and I go out to eat approximately every 2 months and order some dinners that we don’t normally cook at home. We usually go out for lunch when the prices at restaurants are lower. Some folks eat out three times a day... my mom used to say, “ To each its own.”

IUFAN 02-23-2020 06:40 AM

Nope We have been here going on 8 years and eat out five to six times a week, especially breakfast.

rjn5656 02-23-2020 06:44 AM

Easting out

We eat out a lot, usually associated with our social scheule, golf , neighborhood get togethers, friends, etc. Would like to cook more but don't have the time.