Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   parking at Sharon Morse (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/parking-sharon-morse-303076/)

llaran 02-22-2020 06:08 PM

parking at Sharon Morse

Sharon Morris building should provide a golf cart transport in the parking area. people going into the building for Dr's , pt, chemo, find it difficult to park and walk all the way to the building.

the hospital has this service and one of the drivers told me they can no longer go to Sharon Morris.

bagboy 02-22-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llaran (Post 1720529)
Sharon Morris building should provide a golf cart transport in the parking area. people going into the building for Dr's , pt, chemo, find it difficult to park and walk all the way to the building.

the hospital has this service and one of the drivers told me they can no longer go to Sharon Morris.

They provided this service just a few months ago. Call or stop by there to find out. Nothing surprises me, But I find it incredibly difficult to believe they would stop the cart parking lot service.

splashes 02-22-2020 06:44 PM

They still have it

champion6 02-22-2020 07:08 PM

I am familiar with this situation, past and present.

A golf cart shuttle was provided at the Sharon Morse building by Lake Medical Imaging (LMI). That service ended on Dec. 31, 2019 because The Villages Property Management Department declared that the LMI shuttle cart could no longer drive in TV parking lots.

The hospital has several carts to shuttle hospital visitors. They normally go between the hospital front entrance and the hospital visitor parking lot. Occasionally, they would take people from the hospital front entrance to the Sharon Morse building and to The Villages Health Specialty Center.

The Villages Property Management declared that beginning Jan. 1, 2020, the hospital carts can no longer drive in TV parking lots. Therefore, the hospital carts can't go to Sharon Morse or the Specialty Center.

The hospital shuttle carts now can only drive on hospital-owned property, which is the hospital visitor parking lot and the hospital front entrance. They can drive on Clemente Ct which connects the visitor parking lot and the front entrance.

JoMar 02-22-2020 10:25 PM

Why not make a phone call and ask?

quilting3grammy 02-23-2020 06:13 AM

The front desk in the Florida Cancer Ctr gave me a number to call. I called and they said they had to transfer me and no one answered.

sdeikenberry 02-23-2020 06:40 AM

I golf with a guy who drives the shuttle golf cart for TV Hospital. He said when the new owners of TV Hospital took over, they stopped the shuttle to the Sharon Morris Building because of insurance issues...coverage doesn't extend to off the hospital property. It doesn't have anything to do with the developer or TV not letting the carts on their property, but has to do with the liability insurance the new hospital owners carry.

perrjojo 02-23-2020 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1720540)

A golf cart shuttle was provided at the Sharon Morse building by Lake Medical Imaging (LMI). That service ended on Dec. 31, 2019 because The Villages Property Management Department declared that the LMI shuttle cart could no longer drive in TV parking lots.

The hospital has several carts to shuttle hospital visitors. They normally go between the hospital front entrance and the hospital visitor parking lot. Occasionally, they would take people from the hospital front entrance to the Sharon Morse building and to The Villages Health Specialty Center.

The Villages Property Management declared that beginning Jan. 1, 2020, the hospital carts can no longer drive in TV parking lots. Therefore, the hospital carts can't go to Sharon Morse or the Specialty Center.

The hospital shuttle carts now can only drive on hospital-owned property, which is the hospital visitor parking lot and the hospital front entrance. They can drive on Clemente Ct which connects the visitor parking lot and the front entrance.

Champion is correct. There is no longer a shuttle for the Sharon Morse Medical Building. We go daily for radiation and parking is a nightmare. I usually drop my husband off and he calls me when finished and I come pick him up. I often park in the hospital lot until he is finished. That is not a walkable distance for most of the patients. Something really does need to be done to improve the situation.

Pedrocarrasco01@yahoo.com 02-23-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1720540)

This post tells the entire situation, the Volunteers are no longer able to drive on TV property this is not an insurance issue, its a mandate by the owners of the Sharon Morris complex

mulligan 02-23-2020 08:09 AM

///'

Gerrys 02-23-2020 08:13 AM

I believe it was recently discontinued. I was there on Monday and had to park at the bank, which was closed because it was Washington's Birthday. I don't have a problem walking but feel for the people who need help.

Saljo999 02-23-2020 08:42 AM

First of all, its Sharon Morse, not Morris. I don't understand how anyone can live here and not know this. Especially because Morse Blvd runs from 441 to below 44. Read up on Harold Schwartz and Gary Morse sometime, great visionists/developers and the reason you probably moved here.

As for the cart service ending, my guess would be that its because the Hospital is no longer owned by The Villages, its owned by Florida Health now.

NotGolfer 02-23-2020 09:38 AM

Parking is difficult in ALL of that area! The Specialty Clinic too has issues. I have a mobility problem and many times have to find a spot clear out from the building which makes it difficult. I was told that hospital employees and visitors park there. I don't know what the remedy would be but it's too bad there's not a shuttle service like the hospital has. Hopefully when the new Specialty Clinic opens it will take "some" of the burden off of the "north campus".

cathiehines 02-23-2020 09:39 AM

I am so over The Villages. They're no no longer the friendliest hometown. I was in excruciating pain last week and had to walk from the Citizen's Bank to Sharon Morse. I guess our 25% tax increase only covers roads for the developer.

DonnaNi4os 02-23-2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llaran (Post 1720529)

They do provide golf cart services. You need to ask.