Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Restless Leg Syndrome (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/restless-leg-syndrome-303080/)

maggie1 02-23-2020 06:54 AM

Restless Leg Syndrome

Have suffered with restless leg syndrome for at least five years, and currently taking Ropinirole 3mg three times a day. More often than not, the RLS wakes me when sleeping, and I seldom get more than four to five hours of sleep a night. If anyone knows of a better way to treat this condition, I'm all ears. I've heard that cannibis might be a good option, but I'd like to hear from others before I take that route.

OrangeBlossomBaby 02-23-2020 10:18 AM

Put a bar of soap under the sheets at the foot of the bed. It works for leg cramps at night and it's reported to work for RLS as well.

jimnc 02-23-2020 10:29 AM

Restless Leg

Ropinorole comes in an extended release form. My wife tales 1 10 mg ER at bedtime. Requires a Rx. If you have one, try Sams Club pharmacy ( If you have a premium membership) it is very fairly priced without insurance. Check it out.

PinkSlipper 02-23-2020 02:07 PM

We are often dehydrated here in Florida and that can cause RLS. Also carbonation can do this as well. If you haven’t already, try Natural Calm (a relaxing Magnesium Supplement) and stop drinking all carbonation. Good luck!

jebartle 02-23-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 1720711)
Put a bar of soap under the sheets at the foot of the bed. It works for leg cramps at night and it's reported to work for RLS as well.

It works, it really really works. My husband is NOW a believer!!!!

jimnc 02-23-2020 05:26 PM

Correction to post of jimnc
That should be taking one tablet Ropinirole ER 4 mg tablet daily.
Sorry for any confusion this may have caused. Please ask your doctor about this. It really did help my wife.

ColdNoMore 02-23-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebartle (Post 1720809)

I originally laughed when I heard about it for relieving cramps, but for years now after doing it (large bar of Irish Spring)...I'M A BELIEVER TOO!!!!!

:D

Carla B 02-23-2020 08:39 PM

I suffered my first episode of RLS last night and hope this doesn't happen again, how miserable. If it happens again, a bar of Irish Spring is the first thing I'll try. Thanks.

big guy 02-24-2020 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggie1 (Post 1720607)

Have suffered with restless leg syndrome for at least five years, and currently taking Ropinirole 3mg three times a day. More often than not, the RLS wakes me when sleeping, and I seldom get more than four to five hours of sleep a night. If anyone knows of a better way to treat this condition, I'm all ears. I've heard that cannibis might be a good option, but I'd like to hear from others before I take that route.

I have RLS and take ropinirole 5 mg once a day. I take 1/2 a tab midday. That takes care of mine. Have you tried a warm bath and then leg stretches?

PanamaKim 02-24-2020 05:40 AM

Rls

Quote:

My husband has had success with Pramipexole, a prescription drug that was originally used to treat Parkinson’s disease but is also now used for RLS. He takes as needed.

Bandb875 02-24-2020 05:56 AM

It's strange but the "bar of soap" works. My jumping leg would wake my wife. She heard of the soap option and, without my knowing, placed several bars under the sheet. My leg stopped jumping. So far Ivory Snow and Zest.

William K 02-24-2020 06:01 AM

RLS option

I have had RLS for 20 + yrs. Initially I started with requip and then another drug but had to keep upping
The dose. A friend with RLS suggested clonazepam,
My Dr. agree for me to try it and I have been fine ever since. I started wit 1/2 mg and am now at 1 mg 20 yrears later. Speak to your Doctor.

Bill K.

Bridget Staunton 02-24-2020 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebartle (Post 1720809)

Unfortunately Didn’t work for me

Bridget Staunton 02-24-2020 07:47 AM

I think the our doctors are the experts therefore people need to listen to them. Iron pills did not work for me

jeriteri 02-24-2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Try Aleve PM!