Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Men’s Room ...Ladies Room (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/mens-room-ladies-room-303145/)

villagerjack 02-24-2020 04:21 PM

Men’s Room ...Ladies Room

Getting very puzzling out there. Was Eating in 5 Guys Brownwood and headed for the Mens Room. There was a lady standing outside both rooms which are adjacent to each other. I went to enter the Men’s Room and the lady gave me a look and said “there is a line”. But there were no men on the “line”, only her. I was taken aback by her remark but held back commenting because it was “in use” and I went on my way. I thought to myself that I would NEVER, EVER attempt to enter a Ladies Room but it appears some attitudes and rules have changed? This is dangerous territory especially for women if this becomes normalized. Under some rare and really crowded circumstances, I could see the desire to share these facilities but I think women in particular should be careful in mainstreaming this. Be careful what you wish for. It could get dangerous.

dewilson58 02-24-2020 04:31 PM

Jus wondering, W.A.G. on her age??

retiredguy123 02-24-2020 04:36 PM

I have seen other restaurants in large cities where the restrooms are designated as unisex, but not in The Villages. I think you were correct that a men's room is for men only. The woman had no right to use it.

villagerjack 02-24-2020 04:53 PM

Not a teen or even a Millennial. Younger than me but so is everyone else...

ColdNoMore 02-24-2020 04:57 PM

As long as it is a single use and there is a lock on the main door...why should anyone even care? :oops:

retiredguy123 02-24-2020 05:02 PM

In my opinion, if this type of behavior becomes commonplace, the restaurants need to change the signs on the restrooms. They will need to be either "unisex" signs or "men only" and "women only" signs.

retiredguy123 02-24-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1721105)
As long as it is a single use and there is a lock on the main door...why should anyone even care? :oops:

I would care. I don't want to stand in line behind a woman to use the men's room, unless it is clear that the women's room is also available to men. But, the OP was obviously reluctant to use the women's room.

New Englander 02-24-2020 05:05 PM

Men's rooms are for men. Ladies rooms are for ladies.

JSR22 02-24-2020 05:06 PM

I do not understan d why this would be a problem. If it's aroom with one toilet and sink and locks why would anyone care?

xcaligirl 02-24-2020 05:10 PM

Oh my.....perhaps another lunatic in the Villages!! From what I know, there are still mens and womens restrooms. I do see a lot of men using the women's restroom on the golf course but they are outside and normally not many women use them. I do but the men are actually embarrassed when they get "caught" using the womens! They are ALWAYS very courteous and all's good!

villagerjack 02-24-2020 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1721112)
I do not understan d why this would be a problem. If it's aroom with one toilet and sink and locks why would anyone care?

Unless you open it you do not know if it is a single use room. . And what happens if a woman forgets to lock the door or the lock is broken. Could be embarrassing and dangerous.

JSR22 02-24-2020 05:21 PM

I always lock the door to a single room. If the lock was broken I would not us the room. I just don't see this as any kind of problem.

Velvet 02-24-2020 05:27 PM

Throughout N America I often see a line up, long lineups sometimes, for the ladies and I have never seen a lineup for the men’s. Given that some people really need to use the bathroom fast, I think unisex bathrooms are just fine if it is one stall only. (If the lock is broken you can use your voice. Or a door wedge.)

Also anyone with gender transition would be ok too. And all genders would have to keep the bathrooms tidy.

karostay 02-24-2020 05:29 PM

Both doors have a lock who really cares who goes in

JSR22 02-24-2020 05:31 PM

Agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1721122)
Both doors have a lock who really cares who goes in

Exeactly. This should not be an issue.