Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   Here is What the Director of Golf is Talking About (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/here-what-director-golf-talking-about-303305/)

Roaddog53 02-28-2020 02:44 PM

Here is What the Director of Golf is Talking About

It was raining steadily. 2 walkers, a man and woman, were playing in the rain with no cares at all. They walked up ONTO THE GREEN with their pull carts all over while they putted each time. Even to the pin. Than walked off the green. Had to have been snowbirds. lol. Playing in the rain since they don't get to play up north and wanted to get some golf in. Oh, they went to the next tee and kept playing.

alwann 02-28-2020 02:55 PM

What he means

If you were close enough to see this, did you say anything to them?

NotGolfer 02-28-2020 03:46 PM

Then the adage is true...that there are "some" who don't know enough to come in out of the rain. I do agree though...probably snowbird/renters who want to get their $$$$ worth before heading north. I wouldn't care---getting wet and chilled wouldn't have been worth it to me.

rjn5656 02-29-2020 06:19 AM

Did you go to the starter shack or pro shop and let them know.

dewilson58 02-29-2020 07:36 AM

Here is What the Director of Golf is Talking About

??????

Bay Kid 02-29-2020 07:40 AM

I saw that happen a couple of years ago. Even pulled his cart through the sand traps, of course he didn't rake. Not even raining, just stupidity. Never saw the ranger. Reported at end of the round for what that was worth.

karostay 02-29-2020 07:46 AM

Golfing ambassadors are like Barney Fife...There for show not enforcement

drcar 02-29-2020 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1722772)
Golfing ambassadors are like Barney Fife...There for show not enforcement

I love it when some makes a statement with no idea what they are talking about.

dewilson58 02-29-2020 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcar (Post 1722780)

Back atcha.

anothersteve 02-29-2020 08:01 AM

Quote:

Yep. I'll go as far to say they are the ones that think they are God's gift to golf and don't have to obey the rules either.
Steve

stan the man 02-29-2020 09:14 AM

When in Rome do as the Romans do

karostay 02-29-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Ones intelligence does stand out ?

ColdNoMore 02-29-2020 11:32 AM

I'm not really sure what the big issue is here? :confused:

Depending on the type of pull/push-carts, I'll bet a lot of them put less pressure per square inch on the greens...than a lot of really big people I see walking on them. :shrug:

Unless the cart folks are making sharp turns and somehow putting furrows in the greens...which would be unacceptable.

Then again, I come across a LOT of greens where it looks like some players in front of me have lost the ability to lift their feet...and can only shuffle/scuff their way along. :oops:

jswirs 03-01-2020 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1722911)
I'm not really sure what the big issue is here? :confused:

Depending on the type of pull/push-carts, I'll bet a lot of them put less pressure per square inch on the greens...than a lot of really big people I see walking on them. :shrug:

Unless the cart folks are making sharp turns and somehow putting furrows in the greens...which would be unacceptable.

Then again, I come across a LOT of greens where it looks like some players in front of me have lost the ability to lift their feet...and can only shuffle/scuff their way along. :oops:

No way any pull carts should be on a green. No excuses, if you can't take your putter out of your bag and walk the green you should not be playing golf.

ColdNoMore 03-01-2020 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jswirs (Post 1723072)
No way any pull carts should be on a green. No excuses, if you can't take your putter out of your bag and walk the green you should not be playing golf.

Well, I guess your "opinion"...isn't universally shared. :D

But hey, who's ever even heard of those nondescript dog tracks...mentioned in the article? :oops:

Push/Pull carts on greens (push/pull here)

Quote:

I took the photos above and below at Victoria Golf Club, near Melbourne, Australia, in 2010. (The Australian Masters was played at Victoria that year and the next.) Players there are asked to roll their push carts and pull carts not just over the tee boxes but across the greens, to keep the fringes from being beaten up by concentrated foot traffic.

Other Sandbelt courses have the same policy—including Royal Melbourne and Kingston Heath, which are ranked No. 22 and No. 11, respectively, on Golf Digest’s list of the 100 Best Courses Outside the United States. Ditto Bandon Dunes (although at Bandon golfers with carts are asked to cross the greens only, and not to park their carts on them).

These practices makes perfect sense, because a push cart weighs much less than a greens mower. Or a tee mower. Or any of the guys that you or I play golf with. So lighten up, enemy club.

You're welcome. :ho: