Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Whole House Water Purification Systems (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/whole-house-water-purification-systems-303332/)

toddao 02-29-2020 10:44 AM

Whole House Water Purification Systems

I'm considering the purchase of a whole house water purification system and have narrowed it down to Pelican and Nova. Pelican is a national brand while Nova appears to be a local small business. Pelican is more expensive but requires less frequent maintenance. Can you give me your thoughts/experiences with these companies? Thanks!

JSR22 02-29-2020 10:46 AM

We have Nova and it is excellent. The only maintenance is once a year when they come to change the filters.

CFrance 02-29-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddao (Post 1722884)
I'm considering the purchase of a whole house water purification system and have narrowed it down to Pelican and Nova. Pelican is a national brand while Nova appears to be a local small business. Pelican is more expensive but requires less frequent maintenance. Can you give me your thoughts/experiences with these companies? Thanks!

How often does Pelican require maintenance? Nova goes by the number of gallons of water used. Or if the house has been sitting empty for a long period of time. With us, we don't use 26000 gallons of water every year, and the house sits empty. Our maintenance is once a year.

Kahuna32162 02-29-2020 11:13 AM

Have had NOVA in both homes we've owned in TV. Also found that we can go 1 1/2 between filter changes. Cost also a big factor, NOVA system and a water softener installed for around $1,600 can't be beat.

CFrance 02-29-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 (Post 1722901)
Have had NOVA in both homes we've owned in TV. Also found that we can go 1 1/2 between filter changes. Cost also a big factor, NOVA system and a water softener installed for around $1,600 can't be beat.

Good to know! Do you go by gallons of water used, Kahuna? There are only two of us here, with company only two weeks out of the year.

walterray1 02-29-2020 11:18 AM

We have Nova filter system and are very happy with it.

Michigan Farmer 02-29-2020 04:21 PM

Don't waste your $$$$$

Nucky 02-29-2020 04:53 PM

Going with Nova was the best money I've spent on an improvement to our home since we got here. They changed our filters yesterday and everything went flawlessly and as usual they were on time and knowledgeable and efficient.

The Filter especially the first and 2nd ones were in rough shape. It's so much better having NOVA than it is buying a dozen cases of water every month. The shower is better and the laundry feels much better also. It was around $600 and for me it would have been a bargain if it was double that amount. I'm happy with them big time.

Chatbrat 03-01-2020 05:27 AM

We use a GE whole house water filter change the cartridge every 6 months, water is just fine--buy the filters (carbon) online for under $20.00

bigallis1 03-01-2020 05:30 AM

I have had my Nova system for 6 years and could not be happier. The water tastes great and no smell.
The 3 cartridge unit mounts on the wall in your garage and does not take up valuable floor space.
Bob and his son Brad have established a great business and offer great customer service.

wsachs 03-01-2020 06:56 AM

I have installed the Pelican system, which is located in Deland, FL, just down the road. I like the taste/smell of the water and it doesn't use any salt to soften the water. Once a year filter change after the first year. Very happy with it.

soniak4@gmail.com 03-01-2020 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddao (Post 1722884)

Pelican is the way to go!! They are excellent to deal with, the system is excellent and like you said, way less maintenance. We got it when we moved in 4 years ago...not a spec of problems. Changing the filter is all we do and it is easy peasy, lemon squeeze!!

Bay Kid 03-01-2020 07:20 AM

I have had NOVA for years. Simple and does a great job.

Raywatkins 03-01-2020 07:22 AM

We have the Nova system it works very well and saves the need for the fridge filter. We find that annual water consumption leads to annual replacement of the filters. So for us it works. The company are reliable in our experience. The installation is quick and looks very neat in the garage. Hope that helps. Ray.

riamd1954 03-01-2020 07:40 AM

We have Pegasus whole house water it’s great !!! Youvusecless shampoo and the water is so pure that the glass shower doors have the water beads off .