Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   New Construction Update Video (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/new-construction-update-video-303480/)

Goldwingnut 03-05-2020 06:28 AM

New Construction Update Video

Here's the latest look at construction including the Villages of Chitty Chatty and De Luna as well as a look at the connectivity issue between the two parts of The Villages including my 2 cents on what is going on and what is coming.

Construction Update Video 3-2-20

tghoul 03-05-2020 07:21 AM

Lofts

The Lofts rent includes one free reserved outdoor parking space but garages are extra.

MrExcite721 03-05-2020 07:34 AM

Thanks Don, delayed crickets at Magnolia Plaza was brilliant!

OCsun 03-05-2020 11:29 AM

Thanks Don,

It is so easy for me to understand the logic behind the building process after I see your videos. Thanks for sharing!

Altavia 03-05-2020 12:30 PM

Interesting thinking that a golf cart lane on the Warm Springs turnpike bridge might be in the plans.

VillageIdiots 03-05-2020 02:04 PM

Don, I agree with your logic on the connectivity over to Rohan. However, I'm not sure I agree that will be the primary and/or only route to the western (Brownwood) side, which is where they need to push the people and the money to from the Southern Oaks area - hence that big piece of iron that has been sitting beside the turnpike for months. In your video you used the word vague about communication. I don't think I would use that word to describe it. Evasive might be a better description. There is nothing vague about printing "January 2020" on maps that were available to the public. There was nothing vague about the Vmail that came out a few months ago stating the connectivity would be completed in April/May 2020. And the article in last week's paper that stated the bridges would be complete by end of 2020 was not vague. Keep in mind that "complete" and "opened" are two different things. What bugs me most about the whole thing as, as the dates have slid, no communications have acknowledged the slide, provided any reasons for the slide, or build any confidence in the latest time frame given. Many of us are just fine without the connectivity but are looking forward to it when we get it. It's just the transparency, or lack thereof, that has been the most disappointing.

Great job, as usual, on the excellent and informative videos.

Bogie Shooter 03-05-2020 02:28 PM

I would suggest you take your complaining to the multitude of threads available for that topic and leave this thread clean.
Quite frankly I think Don can use whatever words he wants.

VillageIdiots 03-05-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1724481)
I would suggest you take your complaining to the multitude of threads available for that topic and leave this thread clean.
Quite frankly I think Don can use whatever words he wants.

Wow, interesting take from someone with those particular quotes in their sig line. For the record, I appreciate what Don does and even appreciate the degree to which he has to toe the line on certain things. I'm certainly not complaining about him and I'm not even complaining about the connectivity. As your quote's point out, a little transparency goes a long way, and that's all I'm looking for - but I know it's not Don that is denying it.

Goldwingnut 03-05-2020 04:04 PM

Yes, perhaps vague may not have been the most accurate of words to use. Certainly there is a lack of transparency and forthrightness about the schedule changes. The January 2020 was clearly an advertising push, then to slide in the back handed announcement of April/May was an "oh by the way", a month ago it was the bridges would be "set" in 2020 (the Brownwood bridge has been set since Aug 22 2019) was a deliberate choice of words for appeasement, last weeks announcement is as stated above not that the connectivity will be in place, only that the bridges would be done. All made with carefully chosen words if one listens, and never making a commitment.

I could talk at length of the carefully planned building of the 2nd Warm Springs span over the turnpike, its timing and the timing of pushing for improvement of the US301 exit , subsequent reclaiming of the donated land for the exit, and then rapidly submitted permitting for the current work on all 4 corners forever ending the exit debate. This was all a very carefully played game of chess for which The Villages are Grand Masters of the game.

The connecting to Brownwood is obviously an unavoidable problem for them now, but using the Warm Springs bridge as I've described quickly puts to rest the "Connectivity" issue. You can get to Brownwood from Rohan via Morse-Hillsborough Trail-Buena Vista, but it may add a few minutes to the trip.

A final thought, does it make sense that they would put two shopping and commercial areas so close (opposite side of the turnpike) and then require a huge detour just to get across the turnpike. From Magnolia Plaza to the Water Lily bridge then back to Warm Springs Avenue is the equivalent distance of trying to cross 466 at Laurel Manner to get to the Saddlebrook course by going all the way down to the High School and crossing and then coming back. Or going south to the Baxley bridge is like trying to cross 466 at Morse by going down to Bob Evans West of Buena Vista and back. Neither route seems a viable option and connectivity as I've proposed is a logical conclusion that avoids these protracted detours.

We shall see what time brings, if it happens then you know where you heard it first. If it doesn't then I'm wrong, but don't tell my wife or I'll never live it down.

stings 03-06-2020 04:52 AM

Thanks for the great update. Your supposition of the Warm Springs golf car MMP makes a lot of sense. I’ve been thinking that the obvious new push for Chitty Chatty/Bradford and the bridge adjacent to Rohan that this was where the initial connectivity would happen. Gets around possible FDOT approvals for Waterlily/Bixley for the time being while at least giving full, although not “perfect”, connectivity.

Pedrocarrasco01@yahoo.com 03-06-2020 07:13 AM

Wow, thank you Gold Wing Nut for the video and helpful explanation

Jewelz 03-06-2020 07:21 AM

Thanks

Thanks so much Don- we always look forward to your updates!!

Bay Kid 03-06-2020 07:49 AM

Amazing how huge TVs is becoming. Thank you for the update.

dougjb 03-06-2020 08:11 AM

That was wonderful! Thank you for your work in putting this together.

Rwirish 03-06-2020 08:14 AM

Thanks so much for doing this. Any photos/updates on the new Championship Golf Course?