Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   TOTV Website Support and Testing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-support-testing-74/)
-   -   Reply with quote background color poll (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-support-testing-74/reply-quote-background-color-poll-303521/)

TOTV Team 03-05-2020 07:45 PM

Reply with quote background color poll

2 Attachment(s)
When you 'reply with quote' there is a background color. Some user like the current color combination and some have suggested to change it to the old version color combination.

Here is your chance to vote! Attached are a couple of examples if you are not familiar with what we are describing.

ColdNoMore 03-05-2020 08:03 PM

I definitely vote for the green background.

CFrance 03-05-2020 09:07 PM

I like the green better. Your two illustrations are not similar in type size, making the green one look less easy to read than the tan one, which is a bit of an unfair comparison.

The green makes a better color distinction between the original quote and the response IMO.

TOTV Team 03-06-2020 12:34 PM

All we did was take a screen shot of each. There is no intent of making one a certain way. If any user who is voting want to see an actual live comparison we encourage them to click back and forth between the old and new. The screen shots was just so everyone understood what we were explaining and asking for input on.

TOTV Team 03-06-2020 12:35 PM

Only 6 votes so far. We will keep this running longer.

Velvet 03-06-2020 01:23 PM

I vote for green too. Better contrast makes it easier to read.

TOTV Team 03-10-2020 01:06 PM

Only 8 votes so far so we wanted to bump this up again...

juneroses 03-10-2020 01:26 PM

I prefer the tan.

TOTV Team 03-26-2020 02:47 PM

Based on the feedback provided we have implemented this change.

Velvet 03-26-2020 03:23 PM

Yeah!!!
I know, it’s not a terribly eloquent reply but it expresses how I feel.

coffeebean 03-27-2020 12:00 PM

I just got a new laptop, same brand as my old laptop. Colors on TOTV website are different on my new laptop than my old laptop. In the old version of TOTV, the green is exactly the same color but the "tan" is not. The "tan" on my new laptop looks more grey with a hint of mauve. I kind of like it as it is very easy on my eyes.

I'm afraid to look at the new version but I'll go look now. Will report back........

The colors are exactly the same BUT....the new version has a lot more of the lighter colors (on my new computer which is the grey with hint of mauve) and the old version has much more of the dark green. Hate to say it but I still like the old version better. I will continue to use the old version as long as it is available.

petsetc 03-28-2020 08:06 AM

My question is-

Why are we changing at all.

My experience tells me it's because those that "maintain" the site are BORED and think that something new will be better.

JMHO

blueash 03-28-2020 05:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't care which color you use, but there is a problem with the new color in that if you are replying and the original person had added a link, the color which appears in the copy is almost invisible. So if you go with the green you need to change the default color for an inserted webpage

coffeebean 04-16-2020 06:27 AM

I vote for the green back ground for the quote box.

coffeebean 04-16-2020 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueash (Post 1735528)
I don't care which color you use, but there is a problem with the new color in that if you are replying and the original person had added a link, the color which appears in the copy is almost invisible. So if you go with the green you need to change the default color for an inserted webpage

It is the poster who changes the color of text when he/she wants to highlight a certain part of the text. I used to do that all the time. With the old version, I would highlight text in red. With the new version, I used to highlight the text in yellow. Realizing that both versions are being used, I play it safe and do not change the color of text at all. What I do is BOLD the text and also change the size to larger text. That is enough, IMHO, to highlight certain text when quoting someone.