Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Golf cart path to Brownwood from Marsh Bend (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/golf-cart-path-brownwood-marsh-bend-303549/)

Olyarchik 03-06-2020 01:13 PM

Golf cart path to Brownwood from Marsh Bend

We moved to Marsh Bend in May 2019 and were told by our agent that the golf cart path to Brownwood and the shops, would be built by spring of 2020. We only have one car and a golf cart so if one of us has the car the other one has no access to food or doctors. Does anyone know the actual dates the path and shops WILL be built, or who can tell us?

427dave 03-06-2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olyarchik (Post 1724872)
We moved to Marsh Bend in May 2019 and were told by our agent that the golf cart path to Brownwood and the shops, would be built by spring of 2020. We only have one car and a golf cart so if one of us has the car the other one has no access to food or doctors. Does anyone know the actual dates the path and shops WILL be built, or who can tell us?

The last I just read is now it won't be until early 2021. They are sorta behind schedule or at least what they were telling people.

karostay 03-06-2020 01:48 PM

We built our home in St James 2011 our agent told us Brownwood area was the last development :1rotfl::1rotfl:

LuvtheVillages 03-06-2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

No one knows the actual dates. The sales magazine in the paper earlier this week said that "connectivity" would happen by the end of 2020.

I have my doubts. Even if the bridge over the turnpike is in place, they still have to build the ramps up to it. Look how long it is taking to build the ramps to the Brownwood bridge.

dewilson58 03-06-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1724883)
We built our home in St James 2011 our agent told us Brownwood area was the last development :1rotfl::1rotfl:

And it was....................until the next one was built.

charmed59 03-06-2020 02:30 PM

On an earlier thread someone published a letter from Publix that said from the point the building shell is turned over to them it takes 9 months for them to finish, stock and open the store. The building shell is hoped to be finished at Magnolia Plaza late spring.

thelegges 03-06-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally there was a different grocery going in magnolia. When the company closed its stores, the developer had to get a new tenet, which would have been a different footprint then the first grocery. Wondering what will go into the space behind Miller’s, now that grocery chain is closing also. It’s a scary time for brick and mortar.

There are 24 hours in a day, we have one car and one cart. We have no problem scheduling appointments, and getting food. Of course we go to Gainesville for doctors. So no matter what connection there is it’s not going to be a golf cart

daystogo 03-06-2020 05:15 PM

Did they promise to carry you on their shoulders if the golf cart path wasn't finished. Good luck..

Laker14 03-06-2020 06:47 PM

You must be living in the twilight zone. I have it on good authority, (my friends who bought in Largo 12 years ago) that TV would be built out once it hit 466A...so obviously, there is no Marsh Bend. There is no Fenney. They don't exist.

champion6 03-06-2020 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

This attachment was published in the Feb. 28 Daily Sun. Presumably, these details are straight from the developer's mouth.

Rwirish 03-07-2020 06:30 AM

Keep drinking the Kool Aide

Bridget Staunton 03-07-2020 06:36 AM

You cannot even believe a real estate agent. Sorry for you

jonathanb 03-07-2020 07:18 AM

I am a retired sales rep. Your rep was not lying to you. They were telling you the best information we had at that time. The developer kept changing the dates on us. As far as I know the TP bridge will not be completed until the end of this year but that doesn’t mean we’ll be able to use it.

NotGolfer 03-07-2020 07:27 AM

Whenever anyone is doing construction (additions, houses and the list can go on) there are permits to get, weather to work around, sub-contractors to work with and that list can go on as well. There are always delays!! Always!!! As JonathanB said (being a former agent)---they work with the information they're given, meaning the sales agents.
In our previous life my best half built homes for a living plus we built some for ourselves as well. We always had target dates put in place for the finish but never achieved them. Once we did however, ALL of the inconveniences were long forgotten. Take a deep breath and enjoy your time today.

graciegirl 03-07-2020 07:28 AM

It is very important for all of us to be skeptical about posts on this forum or any forum from people whose screen names are not familiar. Anyone who is anonymous can say anything. Anyone who is not anonymous can say anything.

I think sometimes people who do not live here are somewhat envious and I think there are many reasons to want to stop the growth of The Villages. I also know that my positive posts about this place and how it is run are interpreted by some as suspicious.

But many, many, many people know me in person. I really love this place and I think the developers are beyond amazing and must be good people. They made their fortunes years ago and I would never choose to be them, risking their own money time and time again and living with enormous headaches and stress. This place will be in history books for centuries. But this place RIGHT NOW is much enjoyed by over a hundred thousand people who are not young anymore.

So glad to be one of them.